PS4 8 Core CPU To Run At 2.75Ghz

The FCC certification for the PS4 revealed some interesting info regarding the game console, one being that the maximum operating frequency for the CPU will be at 2.75Ghz, which is significantly higher than the previously rumored 1.6Ghz.

Operating temperatures for the PS4 are between 5-35 degrees centigrade/Celsius which are quite a bit lower than the PS3, meaning users will need to make sure to run the PS4 in a relatively cool room to avoid damage.

The weight of the device has also been revealed to be at 2.8KG which is significantly lighter than the first PS3.

Source : http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/22/sony-playstation-4-fcc/

EChondo beat you to posting this new info about the PS4.  Glad to see people are so fast to post news though.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

35 degrees c? That's extremely low. I would hope they would be boosting up the clock speeds. 1.8 to 2.75 would be a pretty big difference in cpu power though. Was the 1.8 ever confirmed or people just assumed it would be running at that.

Also, the PS4 will weigh 6lbs!? Holy Shit.

6kg so like 13-14lb

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

35 degrees is pretty good when the cpu is on load. Probably it down clocks to the base clock when all the cores are on load and boost clocks when only one or two cores are on load.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

lol, max 35 degree room temp. I'm pretty sure someone's going to make a watercooling kit for sure. This thing is not going to work in South East Asia :/

1.6GHz will be base clock, 2.75GHz will be the boost.

At least my theory.

Also, the PS4 will weigh 6lbs!? Holy Shit.

Game consoles are historically extremely consistent in performance - that's why it's hard to do things like die shrinks without breaking game compatibility. I doubt it'll have a temperature/TDP based "dynamic" boost clock like what we see in PCs for this reason, since developers tend to target the hardware and a specific frame rate very exactly. 

lol, max 35 degree room temp. I'm pretty sure someone's going to make a watercooling kit for sure. This thing is not going to work in South East Asia :/

Hopefully someone does, I'd like to try it out this time around.

The document says 2.8kg.

Ah I was looking at the dev kit. That's pretty light than.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd