Project Blood Bath 5960x Triple SLI Titan X 128gb RAM Hard Tube Watercooling *COMPLETE?*

gateoo

I Didn't kill my RAM! I think...

The first ram stick was super stressful, but I got progressively better at taking them apart, and the entire process just flowed through with me doing 1 or 2 sticks per day. 

The process goes something like this:
Heat the stick up
Stick Xacto knife through all 16 chips
Take heat spreader off both sides
Scrub off glue with fingers
Test the stick in my other X99 rig that I had to upgrade the BIOS for...
Place thermal pads on stick
Sandwich stick between EK RAM monarch heat spreaders
Rinse and repeat x8

So yea, let me start off with some unboxings:

EvfAe3d.jpg2S66X9a.jpg

XjRQ5Yr.jpgTN0pTgl.jpggg59lSa.jpgKstEwv0.jpg
zvJF7CB.jpgsyLHBAJ.jpg

From now on, I will put my image description on top of the image instead of below it, it felt a little awkward to read with the pictures being this big...

I stick my knife into the 16GB stick after heating it up.
binR3aa.jpg

Came out nicely, scratched/rubbed off the glue with my fingers, and proceeded to the other side.
xmwzyAq.jpg

Both sides done, and tested stick to be working (since it boots my other X99 rig fine)
SuQzn8f.jpg

Place down the thermal pads on the side with the U9 chip. (you can tell that I have slight OCD)
F8jSqhw.jpg

Flip the stick over and squish it on top of the ek heat spreader with the logo, and put on some more thermal pads
JRxofRM.jpg

Forget to take some more pictures and... everything is put together! Here is a shot of the RAM block with and without the black sticker comparison.
CqWbyo2.jpg

Finally here is the end product of this week's work.
AzO6Q0X.jpg

Hardest part of this week's work was putting on the stickers onto the water blocks. Very painful to do...

Next up is measuring and cutting up some hard tubing to connect everything. Stay tuned!

Glad 128GB's working out for you.  I became far too worried about it being unstable or simply not working properly at all, so I chickened out and went for 64 :/

Not quite so sold on the cable combs though, feel like they space the wires out a little too much.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

• 4 weeks later...

Huge Progress! Saved up a bit too much I feel...

So yea, I am already at the final stages of the build, everything leak tested with distilled water, everything booted backup, etc.

Didn't take many pictures along the way though so sorry about that.

Starting the hard tubing, I do one side first and use the same measurements for the other side which ended up being a huge mistake.

TIL the RAM on the right is higher than the RAM on the left...

1BsQhD8.jpg

Everything came out nicely at the end, doing hard tubing felt really easy to me, maybe its because I didn't have to do bends?

Here's a shot of the motherboard slid back into the case.

wm5Vq3I.jpg

After putting the Titans back in and marked with a sharpie where all the hard tubing will go, I begin to drill 13/16 inch holes with a step drill bit.

Here's the first hole done with my ghetto drilling setup.

ntXzBc5.jpg

The pass through fittings fit perfectly! I Slightly scratched the case as you can see in the picture, but it is only noticeable in the picture so I'm okay with it.

FCls9XC.jpg

I then figure out where to drill holes for the two reservoirs/pumps.

Of course I need to unbox that so here it is:

K9U5Dfu.jpg

1J7XFia.jpg

TWDdDdK.jpg

dJ5iDUc.jpg

IQVKjSE.jpg

Q1EX3dd.jpg

dBUHbcU.jpg

V5ieWcN.jpg

After some measurements I drill some more holes...

nf5mEQi.jpg

Once all the pass through fittings are in place, I begin to work on the soft tubing in the bottom chamber.

At first I thought soft tubing was going to be easy since you know they're soft and can bend and are cheap and ....

I was dead WRONG. What a HUGE pain it is to work with soft tubing in this cramped up bottom chamber.

There is absolutely no room for the tubing to bend since I'm doing push pull on both radiators.

So I ended up having to order a bunch more 90 degree fittings and various connectors, rotary snake fittings, extensions, etc. (HOORAY for unlimited budget!)

Here is what the bottom chamber ended up looking like (sorry for blurry pic)

kHjaXnW.jpg

Drain port for the GPU loop at the back of the case using a 5 way rotary snake fitting:

rHjkGoC.jpg

Drain port for the CPU RAM loop can be seen here in the front corner with everything in place and ready to be filled up for leak testing!

The reservoirs were attached by 3M double sided tape because I've had enough with drilling LOL

sasQekY.jpg

All padded up with paper towels and ready to catch leaks!

OQumCLc.jpg

No leaks were found after running the pump at full speed overnight. So I decided to turn the PC on and see if it will boot up.

and...

pqO3CDw.jpg

Everything ended up working! CPU idled at 27 degrees, and the top GPU 25, bottom two at 23.

Did a fire strike extreme and got 18.2k points, with the GPU reaching a maximum of 35 degrees(fans were kept at 800RPM)!

Now all I got to do is to add some finishing touches, drain and rinse the loops some more and finally add the red pastel coolant.

Planning to finish this build by the end of the year! Stay tuned!

I think that the gpu loop should have the mayhems pastel pure black coolant, i think that it would be a perfect contrast from the gpu backplates.

Great to see an update, thanks @gateoo

I'm going for as much red as I can, wouldn't be a blood bath if it was black haha

We'll see how it turns out in the end tho for sure.

-snip-

You say you are a student but you also say you have unlimited budget, so how do you have unlimited budget? Did you make an app when you were a teenager and sell it for millions or are you parents extremely wealthy or something. I'm really confused. Other than that, this build is amazing

I'm a beast

Wow, That's a beast that makes me ultra jealous, but well done on the build that looks great and I wish I could see the performance for myself. Love the custom piping job. :D

why a few copper colored ells and the rest of the fittings are black? i think the copper is better to look at.

I'd have gone for 980tis since they cost much less for pretty much the same performance, but hey ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Wow, was just randomly looking through the build logs and found this and just had to say it is amazing!

We are all jealous i know

I'm not  :huh:

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

I'm not  :huh:

You should be. He literally built a computer in the top 100 gaming specs in the world and in an awesome theme. While the theme is not my cup of tea (I'm a black on black/ultra dark themer myself) and he did some wonky stuff like buy more ram & gpus than he will ever use, and modded his heatsinked ram by removing the heatsink in a super ghetto (and dangerous) way instead of just getting non heatsinked ram  by buying server grade (or contacting the company) and ripped a heatpipe off his motherboard instead of just using a glue solvent (although to be fair I'm not sure if the motherboard would react well to that) the fact is the batmobile isn't cool because driving up walls with a jet engine is practical, the batmobile is cool because it is the god damn batmobile.

Having a monstrous computer that is one of the best in the world for no other reason than to say "Yea, nothing exists that will use these specs in a home use environment and nothing will for the next decade or two by which point FAR better upgrades will exist, these components will probably be dead, and replacement parts that offer the exact same specs or better will be incredibly cheap, but I still own one of the best computers in the world" is still pretty damn awesome. So while I think it is complete overkill and it doesn't appeal to my sense of aesthetics it is none the less completely freaking awesome.

You should be. -snip-

Personally I'm not a fan of "I have lots of money, look at my awesome computer," I mean yeah its awesome to look at, but some people will still look at this and think "waste of money". I am more of a fan of the mods that people do even if they can only afford some cheapo case and parts. We are all computer enthusiasts here, and some have less money than others, but none of that matters, what matters is the love, time and dedication these people put into their systems. And thats why I'm here too, I like to look at all the pretty computers. All I'm saying is top of the line builds don't impress me for the money sunk into them, its the effort the system builder put forth into his work so we could all enjoy it.

And to OP, comp is looking awesome! Looks like a lot of work went into it and thats what we like to see! Can't wait to see the coolant in there.

why a few copper colored ells and the rest of the fittings are black? i think the copper is better to look at.

They are the Bitspower Deep Blood Red fittings, the color is a shiny red rather than copper, its just the lighting that makes them look copper like. You can blame Performance-PCs for the mismatched fittings since they didn't have them in matte black when I ordered, came out looking fine though IMO.

I'd have gone for 980tis since they cost much less for pretty much the same performance, but hey ^^

Same here, but the 980ti was released a week after I ordered the Titans so yea...

wonder what one is going to look better. this one or the one jay is doing?

This build was completely inspired by Jay's Skunkworks, I'm looking forward to to his new orange theme though!

Beautiful build, but what's up with that SSD just hanging there in the top right of the case (front)?

That will be "finishing touched" Soon TM, just need to 3D print a bracket for it and stick on some custom vinyl.

To all the compliments, thanks! Its going to get better! :D

You should be. 

I have a beast pc standing next to my table, at least it was a beast 3 years ago. It was built for 1080p gaming and it is still very capable in any modern game. But I'm sick of its sizes. Nowadays I want something really small and powerful with R9 Nano or 970 itx for example. It's just pointless for me to have Top 100 specs pc, when in 3-4 years its performance would be just mediocre. I know that this build is all about max performance and I appreciate his effort, but I'm personally here for the new ideas and techniques for modding, rather than drolling over the latest cards and cpus.

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

I didn't read the post I quoted at all.

Yea, I covered all that.

@gateoo, Anyways even though your temps are low have you considered adding the Titans to your watercooling loop? It will be a pain in sli configuration but should still have some epic results if you can pull it off.

Yea, I covered all that.

@gateoo, Anyways even though your temps are low have you considered adding the Titans to your watercooling loop? It will be a pain in sli configuration but should still have some epic results if you can pull it off.

The titans are part of the loop

I'm a beast

Yea, I covered all that.

You were correct and I just added my point of view.

It is DONE! (kinda)

Finishing touches are mostly done, there are still some small things like making the 750 ssd not an eyesore and waiting for 3 more monitors, but who cares about those. On to the pictures!

wtp0TSn.jpg

T8lotzo.jpg

UIY1J2g.jpg

8xUeOWc.jpg

Lights on!

VMy8FGH.jpg

Some close ups.

lpnlBnm.jpg

rhVCf3H.jpg

GeG3Rzl.jpg

ku8iwE6.jpg

Front of the case looks like this.

OkCMdvn.jpg

Rog OC Panel letting me know about that mild 4.4Ghz overclock.

KlY8dcb.jpg

Pictures of the entire setup for now...

0R03v6c.jpg

NX9tu6C.jpg

With the lights off.

NF0JUmK.jpg

Got a score of 20912 on Fire Strike Extreme putting me at number 60 in the world with 3 way SLI, not bad at all with the tiny +115 Mhz overclock.

The build is technically finished, hope you all liked it, but it isn't done yet!