Samsung galaxy s5 or Oneplus one or Meizu mx4 ?

Tadziunia

One plus one, if you can get of course. Otherwise get the S5.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

after having my galaxy S4 for almost 2 years, I have fallen in love with OLED displays, so I'd probably get the S5 over the rest.

the new phone from asus seems like a good option to

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

the new phone from asus seems like a good option to

after having my galaxy S4 for almost 2 years, I have fallen in love with OLED displays, so I'd probably get the S5 over the rest.

One plus one, if you can get of course. Otherwise get the S5.

I need phone with best camera and quite longer battery life

s5 has good battery life and definitely better camera out of those.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Both the s5 and one plus one get those points. The s5 however has a tad better camera.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Heyyo,

TL/DR? Out of the three? The OnePlus One. ESPECIALLY right meow since they're hosting a bunch of flash sales of $50 off but for a limited time and limited stock quantity! If you want it? It's now or wait for the OnePlus 2 to release and see the price drop permanently... maybe.

But yeah, the OnePlus One is what I ended up getting a few months ago when doing the "hum and haw"... and it comes down to this, Galaxy S5 I didn't want TouchWiz and I've heard the screen is ok but not great. Meizu MX4 and Pro uses an unpopular aspect ratio of 5:3 so some apps might have issues with it unless they're specifically built to that aspect ratio so that was a turn off for me.

Galaxy S5 edges out the camera on the OnePlus One for Optical Image Stabilization so it's better at taking videos especially. Software Image Stabilization on the OnePlus One does deteriorate quality a little, but not much unless you zoom in... Oddly enough? The Meizu MX4 sports an "on paper" superior Sony Exmor IMX220 compared to the OnePlus One but reviews say the camera's quality photos is inconsistent with a lot of good and mediocre shots coming out of it... so make as you will with that one. Could just be post processing or camera firmware issues that could have been patched for all I know.

Otherwise? The OnePlus One is a better built device in many ways over the Galaxy S5 for screen quality, speakers and feel in the hand. It also takes really good photos thanks to the Sony Exmor IMX214 sensor they used. I am more than impressed by the camera's abilities. :)

Meizu MX4 and the MX4 Pro are both solid devices. They pack the biggest batteries but suffered battery drain issues on reviews... hopefully that is fixed... but they do have the better SoC package of the three devices... but I've also heard FlymeOS was buggy too and no app drawer which is odd... dunno if the bootloader is unlockable.

That last note... bootloader is unlockable. VERY important to me. My HTC One M7? unlockable bootloader is awesome and I loved tinkering with ROMs. OnePlus One? Unlocking the bootloader is a quick command via adb which is amazing... Samsung? Carriers block it sometimes which sucks but there is third party workarounds I guess but I'd rather trust a manufacturer that supports Android freedom. Meizu MX4? I heard there's tools to do it there but I'm unsure if Meizu supports any of them.

So taking all those factors into consideration? I ended up buying the OnePlus One. It's amazing, I love it and it was such a good price to performance ratio.. and now with the current flash sales? It's $50 off! That's badass! The already appealing deal is now even MORE appealing... well, as long as you get your order in before their stock runs out on the sales hehe. :P

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

TL/DR? Out of the three? The OnePlus One. ESPECIALLY right meow since they're hosting a bunch of flash sales of $50 off but for a limited time and limited stock quantity! If you want it? It's now or wait for the OnePlus 2 to release and see the price drop permanently... maybe.

But yeah, the OnePlus One is what I ended up getting a few months ago when doing the "hum and haw"... and it comes down to this, Galaxy S5 I didn't want TouchWiz and I've heard the screen is ok but not great. Meizu MX4 and Pro uses an unpopular aspect ratio of 5:3 so some apps might have issues with it unless they're specifically built to that aspect ratio so that was a turn off for me.

Galaxy S5 edges out the camera on the OnePlus One for Optical Image Stabilization so it's better at taking videos especially. Software Image Stabilization on the OnePlus One does deteriorate quality a little, but not much unless you zoom in... Oddly enough? The Meizu MX4 sports an "on paper" superior Sony Exmor IMX220 compared to the OnePlus One but reviews say the camera's quality photos is inconsistent with a lot of good and mediocre shots coming out of it... so make as you will with that one. Could just be post processing or camera firmware issues that could have been patched for all I know.

Otherwise? The OnePlus One is a better built device in many ways over the Galaxy S5 for screen quality, speakers and feel in the hand. It also takes really good photos thanks to the Sony Exmor IMX214 sensor they used. I am more than impressed by the camera's abilities. :)

Meizu MX4 and the MX4 Pro are both solid devices. They pack the biggest batteries but suffered battery drain issues on reviews... hopefully that is fixed... but they do have the better SoC package of the three devices... but I've also heard FlymeOS was buggy too and no app drawer which is odd... dunno if the bootloader is unlockable.

That last note... bootloader is unlockable. VERY important to me. My HTC One M7? unlockable bootloader is awesome and I loved tinkering with ROMs. OnePlus One? Unlocking the bootloader is a quick command via adb which is amazing... Samsung? Carriers block it sometimes which sucks but there is third party workarounds I guess but I'd rather trust a manufacturer that supports Android freedom. Meizu MX4? I heard there's tools to do it there but I'm unsure if Meizu supports any of them.

So taking all those factors into consideration? I ended up buying the OnePlus One. It's amazing, I love it and it was such a good price to performance ratio.. and now with the current flash sales? It's $50 off! That's badass! The already appealing deal is now even MORE appealing... well, as long as you get your order in before their stock runs out on the sales hehe. :P

Wow, thank you for wide answer. I can get Oneplus one for 260$ quite cheap, 

Heyyo,

Wow, thank you for wide answer. I can get Oneplus one for 260$ quite cheap,

You're more than welcome my friend. :)

The flash sale ends on June 7th so there's about four days left of it so plenty of chances to get it at such an effective price too. ;)

https://oneplus.net/

Or if you're in Canada like me?

https://oneplus.net/ca_en

[EDIT1]

Oh! I forgot to talk about cases and such. :P

I ended up buying the premium tempered glass protector from the OnePlus store as well btw. Their cases aren't the greatest though... so I bought the Rearth Ringke Fusion case off of Amazon. It does come with a basic film screen protector. I haven't used it though heh.

Here's the Amazon link complete with LTT's affiliate code w00t

http://www.amazon.com/Free-Screen-Protector-OnePlus-Case/dp/B00MYFV06W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433343696&sr=8-1&keywords=rearth+ringke+fusion+oneplus&pebp=1433343701905&perid=11Q98WJJ68XEEBG6ZS8Z

Heyyo,

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

You're more than welcome my friend. :)

The flash sale ends on June 7th so there's about four days left of it so plenty of chances to get it at such an effective price too. ;)

https://oneplus.net/

Or if you're in Canada like me?

https://oneplus.net/ca_en

[EDIT1]

Oh! I forgot to talk about cases and such. :P

I ended up buying the premium tempered glass protector from the OnePlus store as well btw. Their cases aren't the greatest though... so I bought the Rearth Ringke Fusion case off of Amazon. It does come with a basic film screen protector. I haven't used it though heh.

Here's the Amazon link complete with LTT's affiliate code w00t

http://www.amazon.com/Free-Screen-Protector-OnePlus-Case/dp/B00MYFV06W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433343696&sr=8-1&keywords=rearth+ringke+fusion+oneplus&pebp=1433343701905&perid=11Q98WJJ68XEEBG6ZS8Z

I saw that sale, but i probably won't take this phone straight from Official website, because of Taxes in my country... for Example cheapest oneplus one costs 249$ it's 225eur, Taxes in my country quite high, for total i should pay 270eur~... The main thing is that i would buy phone from Aliexpress. because those  chinese people  very friendly they always offer help in bypassing custom taxes. Currency changed a lot... i don't like dollar curency... Prices raised a lot... in my country...

Heyyo,

I saw that sale, but i probably won't take this phone straight from Official website, because of Taxes in my country... for Example cheapest oneplus one costs 249$ it's 225eur, Taxes in my country quite high, for total i should pay 270eur~... The main thing is that i would buy phone from Aliexpress. because those  chinese people  very friendly they always offer help in bypassing custom taxes. Currency changed a lot... i don't like dollar curency... Prices raised a lot... in my country...

Ah fair enough as I'm unsure where you are in the world. May I ask what country?

In Canada there's a lot of duty taxes for imported goods from Canada customs. OnePlus spent quite a few months working with the Canadian government to help levy the import duty tax on their phones which was very kind of them. Other companies such as Oppo still have import fees.

Heyyo,

Heyyo,

Ah fair enough as I'm unsure where you are in the world. May I ask what country?

In Canada there's a lot of duty taxes for imported goods from Canada customs. OnePlus spent quite a few months working with the Canadian government to help levy the import duty tax on their phones which was very kind of them. Other companies such as Oppo still have import fees.

Am almost at Centre of Europe. Am from small country Lithuania

Heyyo,

Am almost at Centre of Europe. Am from small country Lithuania

Ah ok that's cool man. I heard Lithuania has a good economy and has weather comparable to Canada. :)

I've heard good things too from AliExpress so you should be in good hands too going through them. One thing to note? If bought through Aliexpress? Double check if it's the Chinese or International version of the phone please. There is a difference in frequency band support between the two. Which carrier do you plan on using it with?

OnePlus One Chinese Vs International Models:

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/06/12/differences-international-chinese-oneplus-one/

I'm unsure if GSMArena is accurate for Lithuania but your frequency bands are here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/network-bands.php3?sCountry=LITHUANIA

If so? Then no matter which model you get? You'll be able to use 3G and 4G without any issue in your country. :)

Heyyo,

I would get the S5 and install CyanogenMod on it. Too much bloatware on the S5.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub