HDMI Broken?

vincentlwong
Go to solution Solved by Regank,

You should check to see if whatever you are plugging in your laptop with the "broken" HDMI port to see if that's the issue. 

I think my HDMI port on my laptop is broken. It was working just fine yesterday and then I tried using the HDMI cable on my other laptop and it is working fine. So I do not think it is the cables fault. Is there anything I can try to make it work?

I think my HDMI port on my laptop is broken. It was working just fine yesterday and then I tried using the HDMI cable on my other laptop and it is working fine. So I do not think it is the cables fault. Is there anything I can try to make it work?

Check to connector to see if there is any damage to the pins or if there is debris inside the connector first, make sure all the drivers are up to date and when plugged in that the display settings are correct.

You should check to see if whatever you are plugging in your laptop with the "broken" HDMI port to see if that's the issue. 

CPU: Intel i7 4790k  Motherboard: MSI Z97S Sli Krait Edition  RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyperx Fury (black)  GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX970  
Case: Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5  Storage: 1TB WD 120GB Samsung OSD  PSU: Corsair RM750  Monitor: Acer 23"  
KeyboardCM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Blue  OS: Windows 10     Working on hardline watercooling!  :D