(ASK) How to configure "HYBRID CROSSFIRE"

Mr.Clarkson

Hi guys, I had been confused for all time. How to configure Hybrid Crossfire?

So I make the parts list (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jGQdP6). But how actually you configure hybrid crossfire? And what  motherboard are compatible with hybrid crossfire?

I watch this LinusTechTips Video (

), and from the video I know that if I Crossfire the A10 7850K APU and R7 250 will improve the performance

Again, my questions are how do you configure hybrid crossfire? and what motherboard are compatible with hybrid crossfire?

Thanks Guys!

NO NOT BUILD HYBRID CROSSFIRE BUILDS PLEASE. They are really not good compared to cpu+gpu builds.

also 260x will not even work in hybrid crossfire.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($173.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Biostar B85MG Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($48.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sandisk X110 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($149.39 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($57.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $658.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-26 10:16 EDT-0400

For CPU performance.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($109.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Biostar B85MG Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($48.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sandisk X110 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card  ($229.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($57.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $661.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-26 10:18 EDT-0400

For gaming performance.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

You enable in the AMD Control Panel after installation of the Dedicated card and Drivers have been done.

Any motherboard will work, the APU+Dedicated GPU only requires a PCIE slot for the Dedicated card to use.

R7 250 is the highest card you can use.. and it is a waste of time, your better off putting that money into a 2nd hand GPU.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

It's called dual graphics if you want to look more into it, but like crossfire, the gpu in the apu and the discrete gpu need to be the same, so it doesn't work with just anything. As mentionned above, they are bad value, only to be considered if you already have an apu and want a cheap upgrade.

It's called dual graphics if you want to look more into it, but like crossfire, the gpu in the apu and the discrete gpu need to be the same, so it doesn't work with just anything. As mentionned above, they are bad value, only to be considered if you already have an apu and want a cheap upgrade.

It used to be called Hybrid CrossFire, my board supports it. With APUs they changed it to dual graphics. Same concept though.

"Rawr XD"