Can't turn off hardware and performance information while gaming

Hey, I just finished my first build and as of this post my pc crashed for the first time. But first things first...

When I initiate a game, I get a couple of rows of yellow text at either the top left or top right of my screen. It is basically a continuous information source: fps, vsync on/off, CPU load and memory, and GPU temp, load and memory. This information is great to have, but since I do not know how to toggle it on and off (a hotkey assignment would be awesome) it is actually blocking some of my ingame features. 

And as for my pc crashing during my first attempt to write this post, is due to me trying to check if the performance information remained during windowmized mode, which caused my screen to go black a couple of times (saw the msi light on my graphics card blink as well) and then to a blue screen. Happened during both my attempts to go windowmized (both attempts were done in WoW). Everything has gone smoothly with no problems for about a week, until now that is. 

So, how to I remove/toggle the text that blocks my view during games and what is going on with windowmized mode and pc crashing due to it?

All the drivers should be up to date. 

My specs:

• i5 4690k @ 3.5 GHz 
  • MSI GTX970 GAMING 4GB
  • MSI z97s SLI Krait edition
  • Corsair Dominator 2x8gb 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
  • Corsair RM750
  • Kraken X61 CPU cooler
  • Acer Predator GN246 monitor @ 144Hz

All of the above are currently using stock settings i.e. non-OC, except for XMP-profile being enabled.

If I have forgot to include something, please just ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks.

OPen up the program you installed called NZXT Cam and disable the overlay. As for the BSOD It should not be doing that, I dont know why sorry, might be because of your 144hz monitor maybe, but unlikely

@phisim also follow your posts

OPen up the program you installed called NZXT Cam and disable the overlay. As for the BSOD It should not be doing that, I dont know why sorry, might be because of your 144hz monitor maybe, but unlikely

@phisim also follow your posts

i had a BSOD while using MSI afterburner in AC unity lost all game save

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

@Toxicable, thanks for a good answer to a rather stupid problem  :) I installed tons of software in my, as previous mentioned, first build. So have been guessing its some of the software that's been the problem without knowing where to start or where to look.

And also, thanks for the tip of following my own topic. New here. 

As for the BSOD I guess I have to continue researching what might be the issue.