Corsair CX750M

flibberdipper
Keep in mind the CX750 are a different CWT platform then the other CX models, and performs better. It's more closely related to the TX.

Depends a whole ton on which TX versions you compare with. Corsair was really all over the map near the end of the TX series, using many different OEMs and generally lowering quality.

Depends a whole ton on which TX versions you compare with. Corsair was really all over the map near the end of the TX series, using many different OEMs and generally lowering quality.

CWT PUQ B platform. Like the TX650 and the GS-series. Better then the DSA platform that the other CX are based on, but still can't touch the SF Golden Green based EVGA B2.

"Rawr XD"

Nice review 

I have a cx750m , but mine has MASSIVE coil whine , its the loudest thing in my PC ..... 

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

CWT PUQ B platform. Like the TX650 and the GS-series. Better then the DSA platform that the other CX are based on, but still can't touch the SF Golden Green based EVGA B2.

But Corsair TX units used all kinds of other platforms. The really old ones were Seasonic IIRC, but they went with Enhance and Chicony and so on, they were really all over the place. The Chicony versions were particularly mediocre quality, I suppose leading the way for the mediocre RM series to replace the TX. It's pretty sad to see Corsair watering down their lineup, banking on the reputation they built up with actual high quality units in the past.

But Corsair TX units used all kinds of other platforms. The really old ones were Seasonic IIRC, but they went with Enhance and Chicony and so on, they were really all over the place. The Chicony versions were particularly mediocre quality, I suppose leading the way for the mediocre RM series to replace the TX. It's pretty sad to see Corsair watering down their lineup, banking on the reputation they built up with actual high quality units in the past.

I agree. They used to have a lot of Seasonic units in the past (also outside the TX) but then started cheaping out, likely due to people recognizing the Corsair brand for quality, so they watered it down so that they could make more money with each unit. They didn't get away with it on the Chicony RM though, which performed worse then the CX750 (but not the other CX, hence the CX750 being based on a better platform). The new CWT RMs are much better but still poorly performing for the price.

"Rawr XD"

Let's put it this way

5 year warranty on an XFX based on Seasonic or 3 year warranty based on a worse built Corsair, both for $80

I know which I'd pick

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

5 year warranty on an XFX based on Seasonic or 3 year warranty based on a worse built Corsair, both for $80

There's no modular XFX for $80, cheapest is XTR650 for $95.

Neither of them I'd go for. I'd go for 5 year warranty with EVGA's fantastic customer service, plus rock solid Super Flower platform, for only $50.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-110b20750vr

"Rawr XD"

So can someone tell me why this turned into a PSU war?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So can someone tell me why this turned into a PSU war?

doesn't everything end up in a war here?

I have a CX430M and I've never had coil whine. Can't imagine a capacity increase would change that.

Maybe we got lucky. Newegg reviews seem to be all over the place for the CX series

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

doesn't everything end up in a war here?

I have a CX430M and I've never had coil whine. Can't imagine a capacity increase would change that.

Maybe we got lucky. Newegg reviews seem to be all over the place for the CX series

True and true.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

As stated earlier, the 750 is different from the other CX models. It's a better, but older, CWT platform.

"Rawr XD"

gotta love the corsair psu's :)

HX650 has been nothing but perfection for me :wub:

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)