Best True 7.1 Wireless Gaming Headset

Stavyy

I keep looking around for a convincing 7.1 wireless gaming headsets but it's either a poor quality headset or it has atrocious reviews. Anyone know of a excellent headset. Disregarding the price.  

No. There's no such thing as "true" 7.1 in a headphone. The rest is DSP, which can be achieved with any headphone and software (Razor surround, Dolby headphone, etc).

Also, 7.1 Headphones?

plsno. "True 7.1" headsets are just silly marketing gimmicks that are not worth the money or effort. Just get good stereo headphones for much better sound quality. There are all kinds of software tricks (like Razer Surround software) you can use to get the surround effect with "only 2.0". Most games today even come with built-in headphones surround options.

That's blinker fluid m8

Avoid 7.1 headphones that can be fixed with software.

What is your budget?

No. There's no such thing as "true" 7.1 in a headphone. The rest is DSP, which can be achieved with any headphone and software (Razor surround, Dolby headphone, etc).

Also, 7.1 Headphones?

I think the term 'true 7.1 headset' was coined by razer, describing their multi-driver headsets. Like Tiamat, which was the 'first true 7.1 headset'. 

I think the term 'true 7.1 headset' was coined by razer, describing their multi-driver headsets. Like Tiamat, which was the 'first true 7.1 headset'. 

I'm well aware, the fact remains.

Technically, the term is not wrong. It really does have physical drivers for 8 channels. But yeah, realistically speaking, it's bull....

The term is absolutely wrong. They still use dsp, the physical drivers are merely a marketing gimmick.

The term is absolutely wrong. They still use dsp, the physical drivers are merely a marketing gimmick.

It got 8 channels input tho. So even if the inline DSP control center is set to 'bypass' or even cut off (and resoldered the inner wires), it will still feed off 8 channels from the 7.1 soundcard, or even a 7.1 AVR.

razer-tiamat-headset,A-5-334733-1.jpg

rz04-00600100-r3u1.jpg

I'm not defending its quality, just the technicality.

It got 8 channels input tho. So even if the inline DSP control center is set to 'bypass' or even cut off (and resoldered the inner wires), it will still feed off 8 channels from the 7.1 soundcard, or even a 7.1 AVR.

I'm not defending its quality, just the technicality.

Dude, I know. The point is that it is NOT "true" surround because DSP is necessary to make it work in headphones. You are not getting the original audio signal as you would with a surround sound system. It is marketing garbage, unequivocally.

this thread is soooo CUTE!!! I want to pinch its cheeks

this thread is soooo CUTE!!! I want to pinch its cheeks

I want to punch you in your cheeks.

I feel you man...people just won't listen.

?