144hz 1080p Monitor Help

ANewFace

I am going to buy a monitor for myself for my birthday in a few weeks. So I am not going to go crazy with like a 1440p G-Sync monitor, or anything like that. I just want a 24in 144hz 1ms 1080p monitor. I know the Asus VG248QE is a legendary monitor for this catagory, nut there are some other options form Acer, BenQ, and AOC. Is the VG248QE still my best option or is another one better? 

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

When it comes to the high end 1080p monitors like what you're looking for, it comes down to aesthetics and quirks that Linus commonly points out in his monitor reviews.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

The only 144hz monitor I was able to experience was the VG248QE, I don't see why it wouldn't be a good choice for someone looking at that refresh rate.

@ANewFace I've got the VG248QE sitting right here next to my XB270HU

I loved the monitor while it was my daily driver, but man the colors on it are just way off. It's crazy how you don't notice how bad something is until you know what else is out there.

I was regularly using the GAME preset, and once I got it side by side my IPS panel, the blues where nearly purple and the whites had an orange tint to them. It pestered me so much I spent a day tweaking the colors trying to get them to match my IPS panel. I ended up with some acceptable results, but just keep this in mind if you are still interested in these kinds of panels. 

The vertical viewing angles introduce lots of color shift, so you'll want to find the perfect height for your eye levels.

Still a great monitor, 7/10 if i had to give it a rating, and that's simply because I now own a IPS panel, whereas before I didn't

If IPS isn't an issue for you then the VG248QE is in my opinion your best choice. It was my standard monitor befor I upgraded to the ROG Swift. That being said MRBucket101 is right it will need some adjustment for colors. It didn't take long to get it adjusted tho, and once I did I was happy with the results.

using 3x xl2420z here color isnt as bad as the asus, reason I went with them

LG 24GM77, has much better input lag (when Dynamic Action Sync is on) than Asus and colors are a bit better. The Asus is G-sync upgradable with a DIY kit if I'm not wrong, but to me Refresh Rate syncing is not that important on 1080p since 2x GPUs can almost always push out 144+fps.

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=24-014-370

Is what I'm using ATM untill the new acer predator ultrawide comes out. Only complaint I have is the touch buttons.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

I really like my LG W2353V.

My Rig- CPU: Phenom II X4 955 3.2@3.6ghz (OC) Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70 Ram: 2x4GB Patriot Viper 1333@1666Mhz (OC) Cooling: Corsair H55 liquid cooler (CPU), 3x120mm 3 speedTricool blue LED case fans (2 front 1 rear), 1x200mm 3 speed Tricool turbine (top)  PSU: Corsair CX600  GPU: XFX R9 270X 1050@1150 (OC) Storage: 1x60gb OCZ Vertex III (Boot) 1x500GB Western Digital Black (Storage) Keyboard: Roccat ISKU Alien FX Multicolor  Mouse: Roccat Cone Pure Multicolor  Headset: Logitech G430 Display: LG Flatron W2353V