The LTT Build-Off Thread! (No Building Required)

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Voting is up for Week 36 :)

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

next week build theme should be the poor man's build

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

next week build theme should be the poor man's build

Can do :)

Congratulations to @ and @Marnsto for their tie in Week 36!

Here's Week 37: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/130561-build-off-week-37-poor-mans-build/

Corsair just launched a new range of sexy cases like the 450D and the 760T

I vote for a brand theme build using Corsair parts

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Corsair just launched a new range of sexy cases like the 450D and the 760T

I vote for a brand theme build using Corsair parts

I agree, what about a Corsair + Asus build theme? There should be a lot of parts you could use with that (everything ecept CPU's and HDD's) on a like $1500 budget :).

My favorite taste of the alphabet is yellow. 

well true but how about just Corsair parts?

the rest will be up to your imagination

I calculated we need at least 900 dollars just for all the possible Corsair parts including mice,keyboard and headset 

well true but how about just Corsair parts?

the rest will be up to your imagination

I calculated we need at least 900 dollars just for all the possible Corsair parts including mice,keyboard and headset 

oh, thats still a bit low... i wanted an SSD in there xD its super high quality end build

maybe like a 1200$ would be  more like it

or we can do builds for multiple price points. havent done that yet

might be interesting

yea one of the bad ass SSD from Corsair is really ex

I think we have had enough low budget builds let's have a budget that allows for more creativity.  

My Idea is to do a $1555.55 build themed for quiet operation and longevity (I.E. warranties or just good reviews) over clocking should not be a factor.

It should be able to handle gaming and multitasking no peripherals but OS and a monitor should be included.

1 Timothy 1:15

I think it is time for a 4k build challenge. 4k Is getting pretty popular nowadays since it is getting more affordable.

I think we have had enough low budget builds let's have a budget that allows for more creativity.  

My Idea is to do a $1555.55 build themed for quiet operation and longevity (I.E. warranties or just good reviews) over clocking should not be a factor.

It should be able to handle gaming and multitasking no peripherals but OS and a monitor should be included.

I don't want to include an OS as part of the challenge, but the rest sounds good. Is the 1,555.55 a reference to something or just a cool number?

I think it is time for a 4k build challenge. 4k Is getting pretty popular nowadays since it is getting more affordable.

Sounds good :). The only foreseeable problem is that there aren't many monitor choices (although I'm sure many aren't listed on PCPartpicker yet).

That challenge is going to have a crazy budget. 4K for 4K?

Sounds good :). The only foreseeable problem is that there aren't many monitor choices (although I'm sure many aren't listed on PCPartpicker yet).

That challenge is going to have a crazy budget. 4K for 4K?

Since there aren't much 4k monitors on PCPP we could also get one from a different website (like Newegg or something) that way it's the trick to find the best 4k for the lowest amount of money :).

Otherwise a 4k budget might be a bit overkill (1k monitor with 3k PC is quite overkill in my opinion :P) Something like 3k or 2.5k would fit too (but 4K for 4K would look nice as a title).

I guess taking a TV wouldn't do the trick due to low response times, but they are twice as cheap :).

Since there aren't much 4k monitors on PCPP we could also get one from a different website (like Newegg or something) that way it's the trick to find the best 4k for the lowest amount of money :).

Otherwise a 4k budget might be a bit overkill (1k monitor with 3k PC is quite overkill in my opinion :P) Something like 3k or 2.5k would fit too (but 4K for 4K would look nice as a title).

I guess taking a TV wouldn't do the trick due to low response times, but they are twice as cheap  :).

I figure that to run intensive games at 4K, you will need at least one flagship GPU, but two high-end ones would be better. If it's 1K for the monitor and ~1K for the GPU(s), then there are $2,000 left for watercooling, a nice full tower, peripherals, etc. I've added it to the upcoming challenges.

I figure that to run intensive games at 4K, you will need at least one flagship GPU, but two high-end ones would be better. If it's 1K for the monitor and ~1K for the GPU(s), then there are $2,000 left for watercooling, a nice full tower, peripherals, etc. I've added it to the upcoming challenges.

Maybe wait till april 8th for the R9 295x? :P (announcement date, not sure when it's in store), but yeah it would need a beefy GPU to run it at 60fps min (Crossfirex with 2 R9 290/290x's would work too I think). 

I don't want to include an OS as part of the challenge, but the rest sounds good. Is the 1,555.55 a reference to something or just a cool number?

The number is just an arbitrary number pulled from thin air (since we are strict down to the cents why not make up a cool number?)  Maybe call it the "silent and stable build" or a "build you can trust".

1 Timothy 1:15

Linus and Paul of Newegg build AMD systems based on the Kaveri APU

I suggest a build theme based on the AMD APU

but this suggestion need to be restricted that only the on board graphics must be used and fast RAM is needed to improve the GPU performance

then the next build down the lane will be the 4K gaming system

Linus and Paul of Newegg build AMD systems based on the Kaveri APU

I suggest a build theme based on the AMD APU

but this suggestion need to be restricted that only the on board graphics must be used and fast RAM is needed to improve the GPU performance

then the next build down the lane will be the 4K gaming system

Sounds good. What budget are you thinking? ~$500?

Sorry for the late update, but here's the new contest: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/136074-build-off-week-39-xigmatek-gigabyte-crucial-brand-themed-build/

Congratulations to @ilikemacandpc and @FlamingDefibs for tying in Week 38!

Sounds good. What budget are you thinking? ~$500?

I will say around 650+ based on the build by Linus.