New Built Computer Won't Power on

Torna

Ok so I just put together my new computer....and this is undoubtly my tired brain missing something and I will call myself stupid in the morning BUT that said I am tired and I have it all wired and I press the power button and get nothing.

PSU fine and tested.

Have tried two different sets of memory.

Have tried different PSU cables.

So what did I miss?

*pulls out hair*

Ok so I just put together my new computer....and this is undoubtly my tired brain missing something and I will call myself stupid in the morning BUT that said I am tired and I have it all wired and I press the power button and get nothing.

PSU fine and tested.

Have tried two different sets of memory.

Have tried different PSU cables.

So what did I miss?

*pulls out hair*

I had this problem with my PC when I built it. It was the dumbest thing ever once I found out what the problem was. Pull off the front panel, and make sure that the cables are all connected behind there.... Some companies disconnect those front panel cables to avoid damage

Yes I have the PSU on.  And I pressing a power button on the mobo....not the front of the case.

I even tried to unplug the front panel completely to see if there was a short.

If you have a volt-ohm-meter you can check the MoBo for voltages to see if anything is getting transferred through.  Might be a DOA mobo.

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

Sounds like a DOA Part. Which part I have no clue, I would guess either PSU or Mobo. 

So human error isn't possible?  The part is just broken?

So human error isn't possible?  The part is just broken?

Sounds like it's just broken to me.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

take the part out of the case

it may sound like a short somewhere behind the mobo itself

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Or the motherboard is fine and there is a dud cable.

I am now awake and fixed it so there :P