Talos Principle vs Portal

x Relentless Xx

Which do you guys prefer and WHY? which do you think is the better game and WHY? And is Talos worth getting after playing Portal? Ive already played Portal 1 and 2 (i mean who hasnt  :D)

(i mean who hasnt  :D)

I havent   :(  :blush:

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

i havent played portal 2 or the talos principle, only portal 1. i would say portal as the atmosphere is different to any other game out there while talos principle atmosphere is not as unique

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

That's hard. I enjoyed both games. Each has great screenplay and challenging puzzles.

However, if I have to choose one, it would be The Talos Principle, simply because I played it more :D

i make music: http://www.soundcloud.com/kopacetic

Beets for the children.

I prefer Portal 2. Mostly because that's the only one of the three games I've played.

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

i like portal 2 the most but i played the talos demo at gamescom and i finished it the fastest good feeling 

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

I didnt play the talos thing, But I LOVED Portal 1 and 2. Would really highly recommend, among the best games I've EVER played (and I played A LOT)

I didnt play the talos thing, But I LOVED Portal 1 and 2. Would really highly recommend, among the best games I've EVER played (and I played A LOT)

i already have play ALOT of the portals as stated in the OP

and why is that?

I played both games and talos is more addicting.

I played both games and talos is more addicting.

Probably gonna wait for it to go on sale

I've not finished Talos Principle but I'm close to the end. I've also played both Portal 1 and 2.

As far as story goes Talso Principle wins hands down. They way they feed information to you and they way the pace things out works really well. It keeps you guessing and gives you time to sit on things that you just read or heard. It brings up all sorts of philosophical ideas of human extinction and trying to survive and what does it mean to survive.

As for puzzles Portal was way more unique. Talos Principle doesn't really have any unique mechanic. All of these things have been done before. It's also way too long. and it forces you to solve more complicated puzzles to complete the game. I loved that in Portal they just gave you advanced chambers that were more complicated. So you would not get suck in the story mode.

I also liked Portal 1 over 2 because it relied on your FPS platforming skills a lot more and the flying and portal physics were a lot more fun. But I get that a lot of people didn't like that and some of the stuff gave people motion sickness. And the fast pace nature of that would only work with mouse and keyboard. And they didn't want to make the game very difficult for people who play with controllers.

As for Portal 2 the singelplayer was basically "find the white wall" game. And thanks to that the puzzles weren't that complicated. But Co-op on the other had was really good.