Indian Govt. made it mandatory to use/build open source apps

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
The Indian government announced a policy yesterday that makes it mandatory to use open-source software in building apps and services, in an effort to
“ensure efficiency, transparency and reliability of such services at affordable costs.”

The new policy states that all government organizations must include a requirement for their software suppliers to consider open-source options when implementing e-governance applications and systems.

The move will bring the Indian government in line with other countries including the US, UK and Germany that opt for open-source software over proprietary tools.

india-open-source-software-foss.jpg

Source : http://fossbytes.com/big-win-for-foss-india-makes-use-of-open-source-software-mandatory/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

so it isn't mandatory? They just have to ask software suppliers to consider open source?

US and UK opt for open source software over proprietary tools?

so it isn't mandatory? They just have to ask software suppliers to consider open source?

It's mandatory to 'consider' open source. That's vague enough to not change anything at all.

US and UK opt for open source software over proprietary tools?

Yeah.....from my understanding they don't. Then again, going open source has its risks.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

And I thought it was gonna be a bad thing when I couldn't read the rest of the title, well that can't be bad.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

too many corrupt govt workers its not safe to go open source