March 20, 2015 - The WAN Show Document

LinusTech

https://youtu.be/EK_K7IFP7Zo?t=45m20s

FINALLY, THANK YOU.

PS @LinusTech, you do know I already have 100TB+ right?

whats stopping me from making the 100TB thread first :P

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Good show this week.  Twitter Blitz was nice to see and it just felt more warm than some other previous shows lately.  Good job with The WAN Show for 3/20/2015.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Ok guys I heard slick and linus talk about not being that into anime, and I realized that there is a deep hole inside their lives, there is so much good anime that they have never experienced that their very souls are missing part of the spark of life.

I do not want them to remain in this dark place, and so I appeal to all of you to recommend them anime so pristinely good that they will binge it like crazy.  We need to help them fill the empty husks of their lives.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

@LinusTech there is a company that does hybrid smart watches, Kairos (https://kairoswatches.com/). Not sure if they are actually shipping yet though.

If the 390X is everything these leaks are saying, I'll start saving up for one now. In any case, I am not paying $1000 for a purely gaming card! (Cough cough, Nvidia.)

What does Apple intend to do with all those used android phones? Are they planning on selling them to someone?

Also doesn't Moore's law relate to the number of transistors that can fit on a square inch of the microchip, not the number of chips intel can build into a supercomputer as @Slick said?

Also @LinusTech said that it was in Torrent Freak's name that they support piracy, I'm not saying they don't support piracy, but as you said in your own Tech Quickie episode, torrenting is technically only a method for sharing data, even if the name is unfortunately synonymous with piracy. I'd just like to see a distinction between legitimate torrenting and illegal piracy.

Bravo HTC, personally I'm much more likely to upgrade to the M9 in the summer with that return policy.

$6,800 and it doesn't even come with drives? So you're paying $6,800 for a case, power supply, motherboard, connectivity and fans? Isn't that a little steep?

In case someone didn't do this... Following moore's law. about 2022-2023 (2400/2^11-^12) this of course ingores paralell research options. K was finished in 2011, so this is just a rough estimate for when a computer of comparable size will be able to map the human brain in real time.

$6,800 and it doesn't even come with drives? So you're paying $6,800 for a case, power supply, motherboard, connectivity and fans? Isn't that a little steep?

Many NASes does not come with drives. I was looking more into these 45Drives company, and on their website they said something among the lines of that there are other means of getting bulk purchases of drives. And not to forget, the higher end models also comes with Xeon CPUs

For your app problem on the iPhone.  Does Zapier or ifttt connect to the service you are monitoring?  It's a long shot, but could be an option.

The scientists used the open-source Neural Simulation Technology (NEST) tool to replicate a network consisting of 1.73 billion nerve cells connected by 10.4 trillion synapses. While significant in size, the simulated network represented just one per cent of the neuronal network in the human brain.

Only 1% not the whole brain, You mislead me clown gods.

Stupid Titan X making my 980 feel inadequate. I really wish Nvidia would support Free Sync too because I do not want to buy a expensive display and only be able to use one of it's features with one gpu vendor.

I know. And I bought a 980 for almost $800 like two months ago.

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65