Anyone owns the Beats Pill?

IMPERIUS

So I've been on a skiing trip with a few of my buddies and one of them has the beats pill. 

And I was quite impressed of what that little thing could do. The bass impressed me and the clarity of the vocals. I own the razer electras and they sound about 96% the same, the biggest difference is just in the design (headphones vs speaker, headphones on your ears, speaker a bit further away) but the audio was really just about the same.

I don't have any experience in audio except my headset, that speaker, my phone and similar so I probably just wrote a bunch of BS, didn't I?

My question is, how does the beats pill compare to other products? It can be any type of audio device, any price.

Thanks

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Not Enough Bass

Not to sound like a broken record, but beats are pretty gimmicky.

Try to find a Seinheiser or Audio Technica.

I believe you that but for me that had no experience with a good audio product the pill sounds pretty good. Not gonna buy it, don't worry (I'm looking at the beyer COP)

Not Enough Bass

It is a quite small speaker, how can you expect much more from it?

People recommending AT/Superlux/Sennheiser when OP's looking for BT speakers and none of the three make compelling options...

Anyways, I don't own the Pill but I've heard one. Sounds pretty good for what it is. I use the Logitech UE Mini Boom, and it sounds very nice for the size. If you like the Pill and hve the money, why not? I personally would go for the UE Boom, but the Pill is definitely decent at the least.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It is a quite small speaker, how can you expect much more from it?

1 or 2 4 inch subs at least

my desktop speakers are on 5.5 inch subs xD

so.

and my 15inchs don't fit on my desk so..

<3 Bass 

1 or 2 4 inch subs at least

my desktop speakers are on 5.5 inch subs xD

so.

and my 15inchs don't fit on my desk so..

<3 Bass

Stupid comparison and you know that

It's amazing what they can achieve with some small neo drivers and smart DSP'ing

Stupid comparison and you know that

It's amazing what they can achieve with some small neo drivers and smart DSP'ing

touche, but the beats pill still doesn't enough bass in my opinion,

form most it is probably fine  

touche, but the beats pill still doesn't enough bass in my opinion,

form most it is probably fine  

It has lots of bass if you consider its size. You're asking an ant to move a rock.

I'm also that dude that has a 15 inch sub in his room, but you can't compare those things.

It has lots of bass if you consider its size. You're asking an ant to move a rock.

I'm also that dude that has a 15 inch sub in his room, but you can't compare those things.

i mean you could make it a little bigger and fit a 2-3incher at least xD 

not comparing more so, was making a point of my Db Normal.. xD, so unless the pill is inside my ear its not very strong

i mean you could make it a little bigger and fit a 2-3incher at least xD 

And then the 3 inch could be a 4 inch, the 4 inch could be a 5 inch....

Their goal is ultra portablitiy, this may not be what you're after.

I'm also fine with a somewhat bigger speaker with higher max SPL and lower bass, like the Soundlinks

And then the 3 inch could be a 4 inch, the 4 inch could be a 5 inch....

Their goal is ultra portablitiy, this may not be what you're after.

I'm also fine with a somewhat bigger speaker with higher max SPL and lower bass, like the Soundlinks

true Bigger is better :D always more, but maybe theirs a better balance of portable and bass

The Soundlinks def sound better then the beats overall and bass.

how ever i have not heard the beats pill xl

someone in my office use Beats Pill for TOEIC Test and I must that it is so much better than speaker I usually heard in TOEIC tests.

Better design. More space. (And not just because it is Sony)  http://store.sony.com/powerful-portable-bluetooth-speaker-zid27-SRSX5//cat-27-catid-All-Players-Docks?vva_ColorCode=000000

Our Sony dock sounds much better than most larger ones on the market. 

The Bose ones are great too. (Though $200) 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Is the beats pill a piece of garbage? No, not for it's intended use. It's still overpriced, however, considering it's intended use is stupid. If you're lugging a speaker around with you anyways you probably have room for something a bit larger, cheaper, and better performing.

That actually looks pretty neat. More or less the size of a book, which is plenty portable.

Is the beats pill a piece of garbage? No, not for it's intended use. It's still overpriced, however, considering it's intended use is stupid. If you're lugging a speaker around with you anyways you probably have room for something a bit larger, cheaper, and better performing.

That actually looks pretty neat. More or less the size of a book, which is plenty portable.

There is this one too: http://store.sony.com/portable-bluetooth-speaker-zid27-SRSX3//cat-27-catid-All-Players-Docks?vva_ColorCode=BC008

Which is the smaller version. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Not Enough Bass

Not enough bass ?! What do you mean " not enough bass " ?!??! I bet youre the type of guy who likes to distort mids and highs .

(⌐■_■) 

Not enough bass ?! What do you mean " not enough bass " ?!??! I bet youre the type of guy who likes to distort mids and highs .

no, distortion is bad

Clear Mids and highs + lots of bass

Kenwood makes nice speakers, 15inch sub 3-4inch mid 

and 2.5 inch tweeter 

LOTS of Base

and the mids and highs still don't get covered since thier loud too even with treble all the way down

no, distortion is bad

Clear Mids and highs + lots of bass

Kenwood makes nice speakers, 15inch sub 3-4inch mid

and 2.5 inch tweeter

LOTS of Base

and the mids and highs still don't get covered since thier loud too even with treble all the way down

So let me guess , you probably like the Sennheiser Urbanite . Right ?!

(⌐■_■) 

So let me guess , you probably like the Sennheiser Urbanite . Right ?!

Never Heard of it xD

I believe you that but for me that had no experience with a good audio product the pill sounds pretty good. Not gonna buy it, don't worry (I'm looking at the beyer COP)

The custom one pros are very nice. No regrets except that a few times a AKG anniversary edition that was originally 700 went for 200.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB