The 10 Best Things About Building A New Gaming PC

The Gaige

7 is the best! Also, unboxing parts is one of the best things

Taking photoshoots of the boxes is actually the best part. Fuck unboxing. Also the thrill of knowing shits gonna arrive.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I think I just found my new way of applying thermal compound. \m/

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I related to 5 so well, I'm afraid Imma end up squishing my CPU to death or something...but then when it's in and nothing broke, BEST FEELING EVER!

10/10 wish i knew the feels of doing those things :(

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

10/10 wish i knew the feels of doing those things :(

Have you ever had sex, yeah me neither but I heard its really nice just like pressing the power button for the first time on you custom build!

9. Loading games that gave your old PC a hard time and crushing them like ants.

For me is more like "Loading games that gave your old PC a hard time and see them crush you PC like an ant... again" lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

The moment you press the power button and it works is almost...sureal.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

For me its unboxing new shit and the anticipation of its arrival

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

9/10- no "that feeling when the parts arrive and you unbox them"- IGN

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

For me it's the smell. Brand new electronics straight out of the box and then filling ones room when burning in for the very first time; that familiar scent that speaks of the promise of many deeply rich, exciting and truly thrilling journeys to be had within the many virtual worlds that lie waiting within the digital realm.

That is what I think that I love the most...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.