Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex

I've always hated linus and lukes mouse reviews but I really enjoyed edzels, mainly because he had mousetester results and actually mentioned what sensor the mouse was using

Big thumbs up :)

Yeah, I don't like mouse reviews for the lack of depth or lack of actual numbers or data. But I'm also very picky about mice. =D

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

Great Video Edzel.  Some advice.  You seemed a little camera shy and felt like you weren't directing the review towards the camera, but towards the cameraman.  It seemed really obvious that you were heavily depending on the tele-prompter and I could tell that you were having some trouble reading your lines to the camera.  I just seemed like you weren't focused on the camera.  This all comes with years of onscreen experience that Luke and Linus have, so take some time, relax, breathe, and review something you're passionate about.  Although your enunciation wasn't as bad as Brandon's, his content seemed more vivid and personal because you could see how passionate he was about it.  Bring that to your future videos and you'll be doing quite well. 

Just my $0.02.  

Thanks. I definitely have to practice and regrettably, I had to rush out this performance before having to leave early and I definitely wanted to do things differently immediately after watching myself on the timeline.

I don't have much teleprompter experience and that's obvious. My public speaking has consisted of point form which I'm used to and more comfortable with (whether debating or just presenting) but Linus doesn't want me to do that so... Gotta learn the prompter. T_T

SO I WILL IMPROVE IF THERE'S A NEXT TIME! =D

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

One of these days, a company will release an optical gaming mouse with a sufficient number of side buttons. Then my search will be complete...

i think he should permanently do mice. the extra information could be of use to users. and the inclusion of old school rants will be great too. throw in what others in the office think of the mice will also be appreciated .

Personally, I thought Edzel speaks more naturally on camera than Linus and Luke and puts noticeably more thought into his appearance.

​This is very suspicious. How am I expected to trust a tech reviewer who's not awkward and simply dressed? It just seems wrong. Like... buying home made cookies from someone dressed in a suit. Objectively, there's no reason a person in a suit couldn't have baked great cookies, but something is off there.

Hell yes, just hell yes. When I see the video on my subscription box I was like "Really!? Logitech already has the higher end mouse based on the G302 ?". The extra cost is well worth it over the G302.
Great job reviewing Edzel, by the way !

Spoiler

review review

Sweet review! I loved how much depth you went into, you gave me exactly the sort of information I want to know when looking to get a new mouse.

Things that were great:

• the close shot of you turning the scroll wheel so I could see how it clicked
  • weighing it on real scales compared to other popular mice I've used
  • telling us about the sensor
  • describing how it felt to use in games and discussing it's pedigree in pro-gaming circles

Perhaps you could signpost the changes in topic a bit more clearly?

nice review :)

i like turtles

The link to "Pricing and Discussion" - this topic-  is missing ;)

Great presentation of the topic, no "complaints" there Edzel :) I approve your dry humor above Linus' really bad jokes.

This video's structure on the other hand was not so good.
Although of course we can all blame Linus for not reviewing the G302, the fact that  this video is about TWO mice makes it very messy.

If I would stop now doing further research/ checking other reviews of these mice, I'm still left with questions that should have been answered.

I do realize you wanted a quick summary of the 302 and than fully review the 303.

-I miss the fact that BOTH mice feature their new clicking design that makes this mouse so responsive. From your video I understood only the 303 had this feature.

-I'm missing the change in colour: the G302 only has blue light, the G303 is 16.7m customizable. 

-Speaking about customizing things, how is switching dpi-mode, or switching the colour handled?

Is the switching DPI-mode fast enough for your liking, and how do YOU like the logitech software. Maybe give us a screenshot of it or something.

-You re-iterate the pros at the end, not the cons, you should do both: the bad clickable scroll wheel and to a minor degree the bad side buttons are dealbreakers for me.

-The topic of the weight of the mouse was very confusing (because you were messing about with the weight with and without the cord) and because the screen switched a few times while you ramble on some numbers. A quick bar graph or something would make it so much easier to follow where this mouse places with regards to weight.

-A very minor complaint is the tracking speed of the mouse is in CPI. Although CPI is the better term, if my shitty 3-year old gaming mouse breaks and I wouldn't have learned anything more about mice in those years, I would still compare DPI. 

I hope this criticism helps.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

Great video Edzel, obviously you can improve with the way you talk it feels like you don't get to much.. enjoyment out of it, are nervous? You aren't like.. giving out your feelings to well, obviously you need to stay objective, but you can give you feelings about parts that you do or didn't like.

Aside from that, love how you talked about some pro CS:GO players and their feeling about Logitech their mouse. 
Also I caught that shot that you fired towards   :D  *cough* flusha *cough* :ph34r: .

Sadly your intro.. started a debate in the YouTube comments about LoL vs Dota HAH! You monster.. 

Can't wait to see your next video, I also laughed my ass off of your twitter plug. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Good work Edzel,

If I have to pick on anything it would be how reflective your face is.

All in all you did a very good job.

The script for this episode I found very good. 

It did take a bit to long to get to the point, too much early comparison between things that were the same.

But PLEASE stick to this structure for future mouse reviews. Maybe just one mouse at a time though.

I hope to see you in future episodes.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I use the 2014 Razer Naga for my MMORPGs and I adore it but I'm investing in a mouse from Mionix for casual use as the Naga is a bit too fat for my hands to be using all the time.

Edzel in front of the camera that's new. nice vid wouldn't mind more. not bad for the first time. 

SHAME ON ME
I just prefer Linus on camera. Not that anything was done wrong or that Edzel is inferior, its just that I can get tech info anywhere, hell I can read about it as efficiently as i get it from here if not more so on my own, therefore I am here for the entertainment value as much as the information, and well,,, I really wish Linus was the primary focus with only an OCCASIONAL solo vid from luke. Just my opinion. #Linustechtips. If its not Luke or Linus, I literally stop the video. #Dookie.
Also, going back and watching older ncix vids, I miss they way they had him NOT CUT SCENE and NOT CONTINUE EVERYTHING A MILLION TIMES. I find a nice fifteen min vid where less is cut and you see more real time and "behind the scenes" to be far more entertaining than just script reading. Be human. Its fun.

"Try not to think of the price of the part you are cutting in half" 

;)

"If measuring twice doesn't fix it, GLUE will!"

Good Job Edzel.  Considering that public speaking is one of the most feared things for people, you are already well ahead then most of us.  The more you do the more relaxed you will be when doing other videos.  Nice review. 

I look forward to more Edzel videos

Was this the first time or have Edzel been in a LTT video before? I think he have

For more professional style skip the hat

Good job Edzel

This is my first post here, but I've been watching your videos for three years now and I'd like to offer some constructive criticism:

Edzel, you seemed pretty confident with your material, and you obviously knew what you were talking about. Lets talk about the first 35 or whatever seconds. You weren't monotonous, but I feel like you were dragging the speech a bit.

Try to convey your excitement through your speech and try to animate it more. I'm not saying you should steamroll through your script, but maybe pick up the pace a bit and try to make the viewers feel excited /like they're going somewhere/going to hear something fascinating every time you say a new sentence. Good job though, I enjoyed the video.

Edit: (I'm not sure how I feel about the hat but maybe you could do some running gag where you are never seen on camera with the same one or something)

Do I sense a Roccat kone pure military review incoming? 

Good job Edzel, now please review the kpm.

Edzel's voice in the video threw me off a bit, I really didn't expect it. However, I did like the depth he went to in his review by weighing the mice, demoing them, showing comparisons he was talking about on screen (like about the ROCCAT cable not dragging) and I thought it was quite interesting he brought some pro gamers opinions about the mouse into the review, mentioning CSGO, Cloud9 and TSM. I won't be getting this mouse (already have a G502) but it definitely was a good review.

What about precision standards or testing?

I'm sitting here, barely able to zero on an enemy head with 2500dpi at 50%.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Good job Ed! Hope we'll see some more of you too :)

Also I have to notice like five people doing B-roll haha

Well done Edzel, who will be next? Looking at you @nicklmg 

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor