C: Drive from 18MB to 2GB remaining, how to change C: Drive?

Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

Partition Wizard is free

Connect your 240GB SSD

Use the programs 'COPY' function.

Select Source C:\

Select Target D:\

It will reboot and it will do the copy process in Pre-Windows boot area so no files are currently 'locked' in use by having Windows open.

When thats done,.. Go to bios, set New 240GB SSD as boot drive.

Go into Windows and format the old 128GB one.

My 120GB SSD C: Drive usually has 2GB remaining and about 18MB remaining at its lowest point.

I have purchased a 240GB SSD. In hindsight, perhaps I should have asked this first, but is it possible to change PC's C: Drive? If so, what is it I have to do?

My 120GB SSD C: Drive usually has 2GB remaining and about 18MB remaining at its lowest point.

I have purchased a 240GB SSD. In hindsight, perhaps I should have asked this first, but is it possible to change PC's C: Drive? If so, what is it I have to do?

You'll have to migrate all the data over to your new SSD. There are some cloning softwares specifically designed for that. One of them is Acronis. There's a trial of it afaik. Just hook up the new SSD, do the cloning, change out the smaller for the bigger SSD and you're done.

who cares...

either Acronis or Clonezilla will do this for you.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

to expend drive c (where all the primary things come) i have used easus.

Partition Wizard is free

Connect your 240GB SSD

Use the programs 'COPY' function.

Select Source C:\

Select Target D:\

It will reboot and it will do the copy process in Pre-Windows boot area so no files are currently 'locked' in use by having Windows open.

When thats done,.. Go to bios, set New 240GB SSD as boot drive.

Go into Windows and format the old 128GB one.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Thanks everyone for posting. Though I have followed SkilledRebuilds's particular steps. The program automatically assigned the new SSD as the C: drive so there was no need to use BIOS.

Is great to not be severely limited in storage on the primary drive.