i can afford around 

CS550M

CX500M

CX500

or

Cooler Master g550m

around that budget

but difficult picking ones

Those are all subpar in quality, not ideal for a gaming rig. I tried using the website you gave me, but clicking on a product link leads me to a google search.

Try to stick with a 500W and above unit from Antec (their higher quality units), Seasonic, Super Flower, XFX, etc. Ideally any power supply ranking tiers one through two from this list:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Thank you very much for the quick answer! Should be here in 4 days :)

No problem! Enjoy your new PSU  :)

ah i see

www.enterkomputer.com

anyway

i can afford around 

CS550M

CX500M

CX500

or

Cooler Master g550m

around that budget

but difficult picking ones

Out of those units, the Corsair CS550M and Cooler Master G550M would be the best option due to independent regulation via DC-DC. I would say the CS is better due to it being a gold efficiency unit and has slight better secondary caps (Teapo, as opposed to CapXon); however, it's nearly $20 USD more, so I would suggest getting the G550M instead.

Cooler Master G550M = 974,000 IDR / ~$71.20 USD

Corsair CS550M = 1,168,000 IDR / $90.17 USD

___

Alternative recommendations:

For the price of the G550M, the Super Flower Golden Green HX 550w is a better option but lacks modularity: 1,000,000 IDR / $77.20 USD

For the price of the CS550M, I rather get the Seasonic G 550w. 1,194,000 IDR / $92.17 USD.

It's a better build PSU than the CS550M.

I would like to know if the XFX TS 550W PSU is good, or if I should get sometnihg else.

There's two versions to the XFX TS 550w. The Bronze version and the Gold version.

TS Bronze = Seasonic GB/GM internally (S12II-b ). It's a solid, entry level PSU.

TS Gold = Seasonic G / S12G internally. It's a superior option to the Bronze rated unit and will offer not only better efficiency, but as well as better voltage stability than it due to DC-DC.

Whether or not you should get something else will depends on, what is available to you and at what price.

Along with what RazerZ had asked with your system specification, can you provide a link to the store you are buying from? As well as a budget.

What are the rest of your specs? Do you plan to sli or crossfire with your graphics card? 

3 disk drives, 1 GTX960 (might SLI in the 10 or 11 series so not for a while), No water cooling, ~6 fans, looking to do some light to medium overclocking.

Last time I posted a spec sheet someone was nice enough to point out that the OEM of the power supply had issues with high noise near the max rated load and I am trying to avoid having that show up again.

Ok, so I bought a new gpu (club 3d r9 280x royal queen) for my rig that has a 300w psu and a gtx 750. How many watts do I need to power my rig with the new gpu?

Intel Core i7 4790S

Club 3d R9 280X Royal Queen

12GB RAM

ASUS H81M-E Motherboard

Ok, so I bought a new gpu (club 3d r9 280x royal queen) for my rig that has a 300w psu and a gtx 750. How many watts do I need to power my rig with the new gpu?

Intel Core i7 4790S

Club 3d R9 280X Royal Queen

12GB RAM

ASUS H81M-E Motherboard

No matter the quality of the PSU you have, it would be at it's limit with the 280x. Ideally you want a good quality 500w+ PSU with at least 30A on the 12V rail.

3 disk drives, 1 GTX960 (might SLI in the 10 or 11 series so not for a while), No water cooling, ~6 fans, looking to do some light to medium overclocking.

Last time I posted a spec sheet someone was nice enough to point out that the OEM of the power supply had issues with high noise near the max rated load and I am trying to avoid having that show up again.

Budget for the PSU? Where are you located?

You want a good quality PSU at least 400W with 20A on the 12V rail.

Budget for the PSU? Where are you located?

You want a good quality PSU at least 400W with 20A on the 12V rail.

I am hoping less than $100.  Located U.S.A. 

I know that I would max out a 400W PSU.  And I was looking at >30A on the 12V because the in the next 2 years I am going to be using up to 2 GTX (##)70 or (##)80 class cards.

I am hoping less than $100.  Located U.S.A. 

I know that I would max out a 400W PSU.  And I was looking at >30A on the 12V because the in the next 2 years I am going to be using up to 2 GTX (##)70 or (##)80 class cards.

Semi Modular:

Total: $59.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-26 16:39 EDT-0400

Fully Modular:

Total: $82.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-26 16:38 EDT-0400

Take your pick.

---

Also you wouldn't max out the 400W PSU with a single 960, just included it since it's hard not to find a higher wattage PSU for the same or cheaper options as some of the smaller PSUs.

Hey guys will a 650 Power Supply be enough for this?

Power Supply: Super Flower 650 80+ Gold Rated PSU / Seasonic X 650W Gold
- CPU: Intel Core i7 930 running at stock
- Motherboard: Gigabyte X58 
- RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Triple Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: 1 Corsair SSD and 2 WD 1TB 
- Graphics Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 480 SC
- Only 6 120MM fans and 1 200mm(I maybe wrong) fan

I've got an OLD and OBSOLETE system and my current HX850 PSU is failing. I will be using it for more than a year so yes capacitor aging is being thought of, although I'm not sure how it really affects the PSU. I don't want to buy more than what I need so I need your advice on this. Thanks. 

Hey guys will a 650 Power Supply be enough for this?

Power Supply: Super Flower 650 80+ Gold Rated PSU / Seasonic X 650W Gold

- CPU: Intel Core i7 930 running at stock

- Motherboard: Gigabyte X58 

- RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Triple Channel Kit

- Hard Drive: 1 Corsair SSD and 2 WD 1TB 

- Graphics Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 480 SC

- Only 6 120MM fans and 1 200mm(I maybe wrong) fan

I've got an OLD and OBSOLETE system and my current HX850 PSU is failing. I will be using it for more than a year so yes capacitor aging is being thought of, although I'm not sure how it really affects the PSU. I don't want to buy more than what I need so I need your advice on this. Thanks. 

To get a safe power estimation, find a reliable source and add the CPU+GPU power consumption under load. The other parts draw so little power that they're not worth mentioning.

For your 930 it came to 216W according to this bit tech review: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2010/03/01/intel-core-i7-930-cpu-review/6

For the GPU,it used  254W according to this guru3d review: http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-470-480-review,13.html

216+254= ~470W drawn from the socket under load. You'll have plenty of headroom with either of those 650W PSUs.

Hi RazerZ, thanks for the input. From the http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/evga_geforce_gtx_480_superclocked_reviewit says that the GPU at full stress consumes 401 Watts and adding the 216W of the CPU, that's around 700. Do I need to be worried about that? Also do the HDD and fans matter that much? My first PSU was the HX 620 form corsair and it could not handle the EVGA 480 SC at full load, the system will just shut off. I am planning to have the PSU for maybe a 2 years or so or hopefully even more than that.

Hi RazerZ, thanks for the input. From the http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/evga_geforce_gtx_480_superclocked_review reviewit says that the GPU at full stress consumes 401 Watts and adding the 216W of the CPU, that's around 700. Do I need to be worried about that? Also do the HDD and fans matter that much? My first PSU was the HX 620 form corsair and it could not handle the EVGA 480 SC at full load, the system will just shut off. I am planning to have the PSU for maybe a 2 years or so or hopefully even more than that.

The link is broken but that estimate probably was of the total system power consumption, not only the graphics card. The HX 620 should of handled it fine, maybe you received a bad unit or the problem lied elsewhere in the system.

Yeah my bad it was the full system usage. I was wondering the same thing about my 620 PSU, currently I'm still running the HX850 and could play few not so heavy games like Dota 2, Simcity(Would restart after a while). But for intense games, after 5-10 minutes it would just keep on restarting. Haha. Anyway thank you for the help. I'll probably buy that Superflower 650 tomorrow and let's see how it goes.

I have followed the link to the PSU calculator but i can find GTX 960 on the list under NVIDIA graphics cards... I am i just putting the stuff in wrong or what? All help appreciated (i cant spell). 

i was recommended to get a seasonic psu, but have read bad reveiws about shot term life and buzzing coming from the coils

any body else experience this?

or know more about it?

i was recommended to get a seasonic psu, but have read bad reveiws about shot term life and buzzing coming from the coils

any body else experience this?

or know more about it?

Where did you read those reviews? They might of just been bad units. Seasonic is a company known for making quality PSUs, it shouldn't be of concern.

Where did you read those reviews? They might of just been bad units. Seasonic is a company known for making quality PSUs, it shouldn't be of concern.

THAnks, i read a few on new egg, amazon cant remember where else

heres the new egg link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

in the process of building a rig , http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/TRdzRB

and deciding between seasonic 650 or corsair rm650

THAnks, i read a few on new egg, amazon cant remember where else

heres the new egg link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

in the process of building a rig , http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/TRdzRB

and deciding between seasonic 650 or corsair rm650

Looks good to me. For the PSU any decent 550W+ unit would work great. I'd suggest this one right now, but prices are fluid:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550bbefx

Take customer reviews/ratings with a grain of salt.

I think the whole power supply thing is way over done , My mum ran an old generic piece of crap 500w power suppy for ten years with no problems  in her system , only reason it got binned is because it was connected to the case and I built her a better system 

Ya got to laugh at the bs what is it now platinum rated ?