Mantle review on intel cpus.

zappian

Okay guys.

There inst enough information on this issue.

Mantle is very close to DX12 right?

So how does mantle affect intel cpus.

Well I have very good news for you.

First test of the batch , thief.

The settings(1440x900 resolution):

cLfN30I.png

Mantle off(Look at the window , it doesnt say mantle):

Jw9nAIx.png

Mantle ON( says mantle on the window)

ftmiYsZ.png

Mantle memory leak in BF4, so don't bother with that one :)

AMD gets a much bigger boost with Mantle.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

20 fps is very relevant but okay.

That drop in minimum fps though.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I almost always ignore minimum fps and stick to high/avg.   I always get that small hitch when loading a benchmark or something up which leads to low fps

Could you try the starswarm benchmark too? It should be available on steam.

Sure , im going to do starswarm and dragon age inquisition next then.

20 fps free performance , not bad eh harry?

AMD gets a much bigger boost with Mantle.

That's mainly because it lacks the single threaded performance and bottlenecks more without mantle. Mantle puts the extra cores to good use. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but it isn't so much a matter of brand as opposed to where the bottlenecks are.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Pretty good fps gain I would say :)

Just wondering if gains are going to be that big with a G3220 and a R7 265. (not mine, system of a friend)

But I would be happy if mantle/DX12 gave me such improvements.

Pretty good fps gain I would say :)

Just wondering if gains are going to be that big with a G3220 and a R7 265. (not mine, system of a friend)

But I would be happy if mantle/DX12 gave me such improvements.

That should give him a decent boost in the game that support it.

[witty signature]

You're testing Mantle on a core i3? o.0 Wouldn't an i7 or Xeon be a better test?

No because mantle works better on low end cpus.

Thus the 20 fps difference on the benchmarks.

I almost always ignore minimum fps and stick to high/avg.   I always get that small hitch when loading a benchmark or something up which leads to low fps

^This. Whenever I load up Valley, there's always a huge frame drop in the transitions, because has to reload the entire stage and re-render it. if you go into camera mode, it will never drop as low as its benchmark.

No because mantle works better on low end cpus.

Thus the 20 fps difference on the benchmarks.

I thought it worked better on AMD low end CPUs by spreading the load across their many cores more effectively than Directx 11. This isn't a problem that the i3 particularly has, so I would have imagined that something like a 3930k, which is in the same boat as a lot of AMD CPUs now in that it has 12 rapidly ageing threads to play with, would actually get a new-found performance boost out of this. It clearly uses all CPUs more effectively, hence your performance improvement, but old multi-core Xeons and Sandy Bridge-E are the kinds of areas I'd expect Mantle and Directx 12 to make the biggest difference as far as Intel goes.

Was this with an AMD card or Intel integrated graphics? Intel was planning to support it too after all.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I tried using mantle when I had my 290x Lightning (with a 4790k @ 4.6) and I honestly don't think I gained any FPS at all, if anything it got worse from crashes and random graphic bugs :(

Although it seems like lower end CPU's are what it's really meant for.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I tried using mantle when I had my 290x Lightning (with a 4790k @ 4.6) and I honestly don't think I gained any FPS at all, if anything it got worse from crashes and random graphic bugs :(

Although it seems like lower end CPU's are what it's really meant for.

In lower end cpus it helps alot.

The i3 has really fast STP but mantle helps it use its precious thread to the fullest.

The i3 is like the perfect candidate for mantle.

Well the mantle benchmark of star swam run at 720 p , while the DX one runs fine on native res.

No idea whats causing this :#

My monitor pops up a message saying "non optimal mode"

Gonna try another mantle game meanwhile.