CogniToys' huggable dinosaur is connected to IBM's supercomputer

Ethnod

cognitoys.jpg

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/1616391/video-498289-h264_high.mp4

A real teaching toy for your kids, if it works as advertised it would be really impressive. I think I'll wait for a review but I'll probably get one for my niece (in a few years as she is only 9 months old now lol)

Pretty cool to see this kind of thing coming through the pipe line.

Source:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/16/cognitoys-toyfair-announcement/?ncid=rss_truncated

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/522717158/cognitoys-internet-connected-smart-toys-that-learn?ref=video

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

dNIbTya.gif

might buy one for my self yoloswag

With the children? NSA plz, you're going too far.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

If it does what they advertise (and I'll believe it when I see it) I'm concerned for the price :S if it's good, it's a must buy lol

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

And this is why my kids are all going to read books.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

And I would have gotten away with it if not for you meddling kids

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

so how exactly do you pair this thing up to the internet so you can connect it to the server?? wifi? how would you set that up without an LCD screen? AOSS??

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

With the children? NSA plz, you're going too far.

But it's for the children?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)