[PSA] Regarding the performance of Dying light.

zappian

This game has clear problems on the CPU optimization front , it baffles me how a game from 2015 doesnt have full usage on 4 threads.

The average usage per thread is about 40% , it doesnt even use my physical cores to the max.

This is why people recommend quad core cpus or hyperthreaded i3s for gaming all the time.

The game has far cry 4 like stutter which makes it really unejoyable for the most part.

I dont know if more people experience this kind of stutter but it happened to me so taje it with a grain of salt.

I would not recommend the game at this point , i suggest you wait for patches before buying because it has some issues.

Just my two cents.

Peace.

bad optimization?

ok devs, time to die

1337282718598.gif

99n8guV.gif

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The cpu optimization is horrible.

some day i have a dream that they will get their act together or that i will be a big time dev which doesnt get this shit wrong. Dont worry ill optimize for you 18 core i7s or whatever its like in the next few years.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

some day i have a dream that they will get their act together or that i will be a big time dev which doesnt get this shit wrong. Dont worry ill optimize for you 18 core i7s or whatever its like in the next few years.

They cant even optimize for a dual core.

Pathetic.

Well its out on consoles and pc's at same time. Surely they focused on peasants and gave middle finger to us.

Stupid publishers and their dev teams (i know its not devs' fault but im mad)

Im glad it doesnt have proper multiplayer as i expected, instead its stupid SP with coop. No tears :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Well its out on consoles and pc's at same time. Surely they focused on peasants and gave middle finger to us.

Stupid publishers and their dev teams (i know its not devs' fault but im mad)

Im glad it doesnt have proper multiplayer as i expected, instead its stupid SP with coop. No tears :)

Thats not a good excuse though. The Consoles have 7 or 8 usable cores( I forget if the gpu counts or not) So it should be incredibly well optimised for multicore systems.

That said. Havent really noticed many frame drops. I dont think its as bad as people are saying.

Thats not a good excuse though. The Consoles have 7 or 8 usable cores( I forget if the gpu counts or not) So it should be incredibly well optimised for multicore systems.

That said. Havent really noticed many frame drops. I dont think its as bad as people are saying.

Like i said it was my experience with the game , not everyone will have the same experience.

However i think its sad that the games doesn't even take advantage of 4 threads/cores.

Like i said it was my experience with the game , not everyone will have the same experience.

However i think its sad that the games doesn't even take advantage of 4 threads/cores.

Yeh its pretty dire in this day and age. Hell Eve Online is still completely Single Threaded.

Yeh its pretty dire in this day and age. Hell Eve Online is still completely Single Threaded.

This game inst a poster child for a good port  however.

You need quite a ton of brute force to run it decently and has technical issues up the wazoo.

This game inst a poster child for a good port  however.

You need quite a ton of brute force to run it decently and has technical issues up the wazoo.

Yeh i had to reduce settings on my Overclocked i53570k and 780ti.

Badly optimized game but can be easily fixed. I was worried during my first minutes playing the game because my frames were dropping constatly. I tried lowering my settings and turning off Nvidia features but it didn't made any difference. So I continued playing the game and surprisingly, the frames got better and better. Also, 3D vision is still broken.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Badly optimized game but can be easily fixed. I was worried during my first minutes playing the game because my frames were dropping constatly. I tried lowering my settings and turning off Nvidia features but it didn't made any difference. So I continued playing the game and surprisingly, the frames got better and better. Also, 3D vision is still broken.

I think the game has some bias against AMD cards , nvidia gameworks games are BS.

Im sure you are way better of then me.

OMG this game is awesome! I was really mad and as I said in another thread the game was stuttering a lot, but I kept messing with the settings and turned down the shadows to low(looks really good anyways) and voila no more stuttering even at high density areas and fighting with the zombies. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

OMG this game is awesome! I was really mad and as I said in another thread the game was stuttering a lot, but I kept messing with the settings and turned down the shadows to low(looks really good anyways) and voila no more stuttering even at high density areas and fighting with the zombies. 

Thanks for the tip , will try it later.

Thanks for the tip , will try it later.

Yeah I hope it works for you, the game's really interesting and at night it gets really tense. I have all the settings high except for the shadows and the view distance which I dropped a bit.

kkvnxDn.png

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I have a 4690k at factory turbo (3.9)

and a 970 at all factory clocks

....minor stutter every now and then...certainly not unplayable, and so far quite enjoyable.

I would like to know.....WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET A GUN?!

Night time is well.....horrifying

Yeah I hope it works for you, the game's really interesting and at night it gets really tense. I have all the settings high except for the shadows and the view distance which I dropped a bit.

kkvnxDn.png

I turned everything to max, including draw distance, turned motion blur off.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Supposedly the CPU optimisation is awful. I heard that people with 16GB of RAM have less issues than those with 8GB?? I don't know if that is true but... Memory leak?? I mean, what game actually uses 8GB of RAM?

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

The cpu optimization is horrible.

Have you heard of a game called Shogun 2: Total War...or Rome 2: Total War? Games that rely solely on the CPU for unit calculations, movement calculation, animation timing, shadow position calculation, and so much more....for as much as 10,000 individual units on a map?  Guess what, it's 32-bit and only runs on 1.01 cores.  Dying Light is not worse than that.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

The consoles only have 6 usable cores for developers, 7 if you are close with Microsoft.

I know the Xbox One has three OSs, and lots of features reserved to 2 of the 8 cores, so only 6 actually usable. I'm unsure how similar the PS4 is.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

With just one tab of chrome open as well as steam still open,

I am hitting around about 3.5gb on vram usage, and a little more than 8gigs of usage on system ram. CPU usage above 60%

Measured with windows task manager and ASUS gpu monitor. Oddly enough, doesn't seem to be all that taxing on the GPU core itself, just the vram.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

One thing I don't get...I've watched other first impressions of the game on Youtube (PC version) and the game looks to run flawless.  Anyone else notice the same thing?

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

I have a 4690k at factory turbo (3.9)

and a 970 at all factory clocks

....minor stutter every now and then...certainly not unplayable, and so far quite enjoyable.

I would like to know.....WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET A GUN?!

Night time is well.....horrifying

I turned everything to max, including draw distance, turned motion blur off.

970? Those don't have problems so far, from the few comments I've read ,probably why you're good to go! :D

Dude, I left the game when the night came... it was already tense enough so I needed a rest lol I can't play games like this alone haha

One thing I don't get...I've watched other first impressions of the game on Youtube (PC version) and the game looks to run flawless.  Anyone else notice the same thing?

Tbf most youtubers have insane rigs.