Apple offers two-week window for iTunes refunds... in Europe

givingtnt

In case you needed another reason to be jealous of Europe (aside from acess to the Autobahn and Yotaphone 2, naturally), Apple has one. Now you can return pretty much any iTune purchase for a full refund within two weeks. Don't go thinking this will allow you to beat Infinity Blade 3 in one sitting and get your money back, though. If you open the app  (or book, or what have you), Apple has the right to refuse a refund. Cupertino promises that return payments will be made within 14 days of the order-cancellation request and they'll be credited to the original form of payment

read more here : http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/30/apple-two-week-itunes-refunds/

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Europe :D

European Consumer Protection LawsTM for the win.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

and this is exactly why anybody in the uk who votes for leaving the eu is a fool

Steam does the same but for a 1 week period.

Nooooooooooooooo it doesn't.

Steam doesn't even have a return policy. There's an "informal" policy where they might give you one refund, ever.

tumblr_nfrg4yJyBY1se2thho1_400.gif

If that has changed, it would be on the front page of every tech/gaming news site in the world. Origin has the really good return policy - and only on EA titles, not any of the third party games they sell.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Steam does the same but for a 1 week period.

since when? I remember ordering a game by mistake and about 3 mins after I bought it I contacted steam and they proceeded to tell me since it was activated they couldnt refund. I told the support person that there was no way I could have downloaded 25gb in 3 mins and got told exactly like this 

"WE DONT DO REFUNDS!" and they closed the chat. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

since when? I remember ordering a game by mistake and about 3 mins after I bought it I contacted steam and they proceeded to tell me since it was activated they couldnt refund. I told the support person that there was no way I could have downloaded 25gb in 3 mins and got told exactly like this 

"WE DONT DO REFUNDS!" and they closed the chat. 

Nooooooooooooooo it doesn't.

Steam doesn't even have a return policy. There's an "informal" policy where they might give you one refund, ever.

tumblr_nfrg4yJyBY1se2thho1_400.gif

If that has changed, it would be on the front page of every tech/gaming news site in the world. Origin has the really good return policy - and only on EA titles, not any of the third party games they sell.

The DSR 2000 act states that they should give a refund within 7 days on games that have not started downloading, or have been downloaded.

Steam is a service rather than a supply of goods.

and this is exactly why anybody in the uk who votes for leaving the eu is a fool

to be honest its not a major reason, There are far greater worries about leaving the EU :P.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

The DSR 2000 act states that they should give a refund within 7 days on games that have not started downloading, or have been downloaded.

Well I can tell you they don't honor that.

Please elaborate on what the "DSR 2000 act" is? Whatever it is, it sounds like a local law, that likely only applies to wherever you live - not the rest of the world.

Can you provide any source links to this?

And besides, whether there is a consumer protection law - and whether the companies (eg: Valve) actually follow that law - are two entirely different things.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

So you cant even try the app?

Well it's a bit vague on that. It says that once you open the app, they have the "right" to decline. Seems like they may go on a case-by-case scenario, or maybe have an appeals process where you have to contact support.

Well it's a bit vague on that. It says that once you open the app, they have the "right" to decline. Seems like they may go on a case-by-case scenario, or maybe have an appeals process where you have to contact support.

I hope you are right. But on the other hand this prevents users from buying a game and completing it, then get a refund.

Why, leaving the EU doesn't remove us from Europe (geographically) and we have our own consumer laws which give us the same rights as Europeans have. Us leaving the EU wouldn't affect this in any way.

@OP any mention of Australia? They have the same consumer protection as Europeans have.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I hope you are right. But on the other hand this prevents users from buying a game and completing it, then get a refund.

Yes it does. These types of situations are hard, because especially with Mobile Games, the length of the game can be radically different.

I feel like they should do this: Once you open the app, you have ONE HOUR to decide if you're happy with it before a refund. That should be enough time to get the basics and decide whether it'll be useful, but it should be short enough to prevent people from beating even the relatively short mobile games.

There should also be flags set on peoples accounts, so that if they repeatedly buy games, play for a bit, then refund them, it will flag a suspicious note. This would be to prevent people from just game-hopping. Granted we already know the refund process could take up to 14 days from the article.

Yes it does. These types of situations are hard, because especially with Mobile Games, the length of the game can be radically different.

I feel like they should do this: Once you open the app, you have ONE HOUR to decide if you're happy with it before a refund. That should be enough time to get the basics and decide whether it'll be useful, but it should be short enough to prevent people from beating even the relatively short mobile games.

There should also be flags set on peoples accounts, so that if they repeatedly buy games, play for a bit, then refund them, it will flag a suspicious note. This would be to prevent people from just game-hopping. Granted we already know the refund process could take up to 14 days from the article.

Seems fair to me, to be honest. 

Why, leaving the EU doesn't remove us from Europe (geographically) and we have our own consumer laws which give us the same rights as Europeans have. Us leaving the EU wouldn't affect this in any way.

@OP any mention of Australia? They have the same consumer protection as Europeans have.

because i dont trust the current goverment to not change consumer laws. or give us worse protection then we currently have