GTA: V - PC

Atomika

Not unless I cat get it for £5 on sale or something. Fed up with Rockstar's shitty PC porting, and the fact that we're getting it nearly two fucking years late is nothing short of insulting. So no, I'm not going to be in a terrible rush to give Rockstar money for this.

While we are getting it "nearly two years" (1 year and 4 months) after the original xbox 360 and ps3 versions, they have spent over a year at this point updating the textures and optimizing the game after the initial release for higher end hardware on the new consoles and PC. We have already seen the benefits we get as a PC gaming community in graphics from the jump to "next-gen" in games like Metal Gear Solid V. Rockstar was put in a difficult position, probably not fully realizing the time it would take to develop gta V, and having to finish the game later than expected, near the turn between console generations. You can't just wait a year to release a game like that, the revenue loss would just be massive, they had to release it for the current gen when they did. I actually respect them for taking the time to up the graphical fidelity and content of their game, and delivering that version to us PC gamers, rather than some shitty and rushed 360 port.

i7-4770k @3.5GHz | 2 EVGA gtx 780 SC ACX in SLI | AsRock Xtreme4 z87 | Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | Corsiar HX-850 | NZXT Phantom 410 |                                                                                                                                                   CoolerMaster Siedon 120XL AIO Water Cooler | X-Star 1440p 27"

I just hope I'll be able to play on day one...*cough *cough PS3.... I also hope the modding community will be as active as ever. I want to run 100+ mods like skyrim while achieving stable frame rates.

While we are getting it "nearly two years" (1 year and 4 months) after the original xbox 360 and ps3 versions, they have spent over a year at this point updating the textures and optimizing the game after the initial release for higher end hardware on the new consoles and PC. We have already seen the benefits we get as a PC gaming community in graphics from the jump to "next-gen" in games like Metal Gear Solid V. Rockstar was put in a difficult position, probably not fully realizing the time it would take to develop gta V, and having to finish the game later than expected, near the turn between console generations. You can't just wait a year to release a game like that, the revenue loss would just be massive, they had to release it for the current gen when they did. I actually respect them for taking the time to up the graphical fidelity and content of their game, and delivering that version to us PC gamers, rather than some shitty and rushed 360 port.

OK you can spin however you like so you can tell yourself that you weren't an afterthought.

OK you can spin however you like so you can tell yourself that you weren't an afterthought.

Dude, we are pc gamers we are small bits of the gaming community compared to consoles

we should buy more games at full price to show companies that we are large enough

Well he can do 2 things. Sit on his arse, crying that he got the game later, or buy it and ejoy it

Dude, we are pc gamers we are small bits of the gaming community compared to consoles

we should buy more games at full price to show companies that we are large enough

Well he can do 2 things. Sit on his arse, crying that he got the game later, or buy it and ejoy it

It's a fundamental aspect of capitalism to not reward practice that you're unhappy with with your money. You owe these companies nothing. Don't buy Ubisoft games until they sort their shit out, don't buy Rockstar games until they treat the PC like its a platform they didn't wish would go away.

I Pre-ordered the Disc version way back in August for £33 - I can't wait for it to be released!

As for all those bitching about how long it has been, I like the strategy they have taken - Taking a year to actually add value to the newer version of the game, rather than releasing a sub-par, unoptimised piece of crap. Rockstar is one of the few huge developers that, for the most part, has proved they actually know what they are doing... so I have faith at the moment that they will have done a good Job.

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I'm very much looking forward to it. I'm also optimistic that it will be a decent port this time around. Fingers crossed.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I bought it on PS3. And I prefer to wait 1-2 years to be completely playable and polished. Basically the 360 and PS3 users tested the game. It didn't worked the 1st day, lots of bugs, glitches. Errors with Rockstar Cloud.

I think that now they're giving a fuck about PC. I really hope that they're using all this time to optimize the game and make it a good experience.

Maybe they planned this: Old gen test the game, fix game while they test it, release it on Current gen (same architecture as PC) fix issues, release on PC. So they get the final game and they only have to port it.

GTA V is a miracle for last gen consoles. The hardware in the X360 and PS3 it's too old, but they achieved to run it (at less than 30FPS yeah, but it runs). The "next gen" ports are very good too. I think that this time it will be better, because the consoles now share the same arch as PC.

From what I've seen in LPs even new version has glitches in Online (weather, time of day, character skins look different for different players), I'm still beyond hyped though.

I used to care. I don't anymore. Maybe I'll give it a shot if it turns out to be an amazing port.

Potatoes? Potatoes! Potatoes.

I'm really hyped for it.

I'm even going to probably buy it and not get it not genuine way.

But I don't know if my PC can handle it.

I'm not hyped for it as I played it on PS3 last year. I just want to be able to play it online with my friends, and have fun with it as we did with GTA IV.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

I'm happy that they've took their time this year instead of just straight up porting it from a console.

At least they've made us wait for something that is hopefully... going to be good! :D

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

I can't wait! I got it for PS3 when it first came out, played it for about 20hrs or so, but that was around the time that I was building my PC. Once I got my PC built I figured I'd rather just stop playing the console version and wait for the PC version. Didn't imagine it would take nearly this long, but I feel like it will probably be worth the wait.

Gaming Rig: Asus Z87 Pro, i5-4670k, EVGA Supernova 1000 P2, Corsair Carbide Air 540, NZXT Kraken X60, G.SKILL Ripjaws X (4 x 8GB @ 2133), 2 x EVGA GTX 980 SC, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, 2 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm

Plex Server/Couch Gamer: Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5, i7 4790k, Corsair HX750, Fractal Node 804, Deepcool Captain 240 AIO, G.SKILL Sniper Series (4 x 8GB @ 1866), MSI Lightning 780, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm.

Anyone has any info about the pre-order availability? I want to pre-order it, but digitally, i can pre-order the disc but is there a place to pre-order the digital version? Or anyone know when is going to be on steam?

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Looking forward to it, does anyone know if mods will be officially supported? That would make it so worth buying. Skyrim is still amazing to play 3 years on thanks to mods.

I'm with @X1XNobleX1X i hope the pold mates who did Max Payne 3 do this game, i hope it's good....hope my little GTX 770 2gb can run it.........

it was rumored (or maybe confirmed?) the max payne peoples are doing the GTAV port :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

it was rumored (or maybe confirmed?) the max payne peoples are doing the GTAV port :)

I heard that somewhere else as well. I can't remember where now haha, I'm going to do some digging to try to find out :D

Anyone has any info about the pre-order availability? I want to pre-order it, but digitally, i can pre-order the disc but is there a place to pre-order the digital version? Or anyone know when is going to be on 

The community page is already there, as far as I know, The game has a link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590/

I'm hoping the MP3 guys do the port as they did MP3 really well IMO.

We're just going to have to wait and see I suppose :D

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

I heard that somewhere else as well. I can't remember where now haha, I'm going to do some digging to try to find out :D

The community page is already there, as far as I know, The game has a link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590/

I'm hoping the MP3 guys do the port as they did MP3 really well IMO.

We're just going to have to wait and see I suppose :D

even more interesting about that link

https://steamdb.info/app/271590/graphs/

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I can't wait for it. I'm not preordering it just in case, but I will buy it in the first week or so after reviews come out.

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

Looking forward to it, does anyone know if mods will be officially supported? That would make it so worth buying. Skyrim is still amazing to play 3 years on thanks to mods.

I'm not sure but i think that mods will not be supported .

I can't wait Im so exicted! I just really hope that the game will perform and run well considering all this extra time Rockstar has had to polish it.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Mods were never officially supported in GTA:IV - But we did it anyways? 

That's what GTA had when it came to PC if your system could run it.

I'm most likely going to get it a couple of weeks after the game comes out as I want to check it's ok first haha :D

Gamer & PC Enthusiast