Drones in Slovakia - You must be registered to fly them

WereCat

Ok so source is http://dsl.sk/article.php?article=16381 and I will try to translate as best I can.

If you want to fly drones or any non-pilot flying machine you have to register in Transport Authority and pass exam both made out of theory and practice.

-You are not allowed to fly them above 50m of ground.

-To take off or land you have to have 50m free space radius from your drone (no people, vehicles, buildings, ... etc).

-Person controling the drone must see the drone for the entire lenght of flight with his own eyes and is not allowed to fly it at night.

This is all for safety/security ... they say.

There may be new change in law soon for this but for now it is as it is.

OK, so what the actual f***? You HAVE to pass exams to be able to fly drone/plane model/helicopter model, ... etc? This is becoming ridiculous, it is wrong and they should change law ASAP because it makes no sense at all. It is just another way to get money from peoples pockets. In my country police is trying to fine everyone for every little thing they can as they are paid based on how much people they fine ... Now this .. I am angry at this so much that I can barely express my self.

I like some of it, you should have to pass some tests and D\not og anywhere near manned aircraft, I would say 50 feet (About 10 Meters) personally.

Disclaimer: I am a pilot so my opinion is biased.

im actually ok with this... except for the fact that you need 50m to take off and land and the 50m limit should be raised to 200m

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I like some of it, you should have to pass some tests and D\not og anywhere near manned aircraft, I would say 50 feet (About 10 Meters) personally.

Disclaimer: I am a pilot so my opinion is biased.

im actually ok with this... except for the fact that you need 50m to take off and land and the 50m limit should be raised to 200m

Problem is it affects everything that is controllable and can fly. Not just drones with long range.. it affects toys for childs and such that can barely fly on their own.

this too.

Problem is it affects everything that is controllable and can fly. Not just drones with long range.. it affects toys for childs and such that can barely fly on their own.

this too.

drones =/= rc toys

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

this too.

YEs, I agree. I want it for commercial superposes and drones over 2lbs or 4kg or something like that.

drones =/= rc toys

In topic name I stated only drones but in topic it self I stated that it applies to any non-pilot vehicle also.

In topic name I stated only drones but in topic it self I stated that it applies to any non-pilot vehicle also.

if they persecute people for using toys well im not so sure anymore

If it's an RC plane/heli/multirotor then it has a pilot right? A drone is "an unmanned aircraft or ship that can navigate autonomously,without human control or beyond line of sight"

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

In theory, I would agree with drone licenses. In practice, im pretty sure it's way easier to get a driver's license and mow down people with 1000kg of steel, so pretty stupid.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If it's an RC plane/heli/multirotor then it has a pilot right? A drone is "an unmanned aircraft or ship that can navigate autonomously,without human control or beyond line of sight"

No. If you are INSIDE of the vehicle then you are pilot. If you are remotely controlling it it is a non-pilot vehicle.

No. If you are INSIDE of the vehicle then you are pilot. If you are remotely controlling it it is a non-pilot vehicle.

Wow then this law sucks. But the title should be changed in that case. I get so annoyed when people refer to RC aircraft as drones. 

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Wow then this law sucks. But the title should be changed in that case. I get so annoyed when people refer to RC aircraft as drones. 

The main reason this law exists is because of drones. I think there was some accident with drone coliding with real plane but I dont know the details.

In theory, I would agree with drone licenses. In practice, im pretty sure it's way easier to get a driver's license and mow down people with 1000kg of steel, so pretty stupid.

I have no idea what the kind of tests are required, but this actually makes alot of sense to me.

I give you the examples of cyclists that in alot of countrys they don't require either a license or a insurance... yet they gave them rights, such as if they present themselfs from the right you have to let them pass (you being in a car) or if they are in a roundabout the same thing... and they are not required to know the laws of the roads, not even to know the signs.

So they give rights to people, yet they don't demand any dutys or responsabilities. That's just wrong.

I was thinking about who would actually post a thread about Slovakia.

Then I've read:

In my country police is trying to fine everyone for every little thing they can

Ye, I recognize my country, sadly.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Interesting, guess Panelak will change some of their transition scenes :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

drones =/= rc toys

where's the cutoff then?

this is approx 5" (12cm) across, do I still have to get a license?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29595__Q_BOT_Micro_Quadcopter_w_2_4gHz_RF_Module_Spektrum_JR_Futaba_compatible_.html

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

where's the cutoff then?

this is approx 5" (12cm) across, do I still have to get a license?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29595__Q_BOT_Micro_Quadcopter_w_2_4gHz_RF_Module_Spektrum_JR_Futaba_compatible_.html

one you control and one you don't that's it

I see nothing wrong with a basic test to get a license to get this. Nothing like drivers ed where its a two week training thing, im talking like "watch a video and take a scantron test".

People need to realize that these things are actually a huge fucking safety hazard and with them spreading so rapidly its going to inevitably cause problems. People need to be aware that just because they are sold in Toys R Us doesnt mean they shouldnt be treated with care.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)