AMD Athlon X4 860K vs Intel Pentium G3258?

Chibify

Pentium would be a better option imo

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I'd guess the pentium.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

860k because I want to be different and more cores

g3258 because less dead platform. Just ask @Bubblewhale

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Will be paired with a R9 280 if that helps

Pentium unless what you are doing is highly multithreaded

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

if he plays mutlithreaded games like advanced warfare that is better

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

63258 because less dead platform. Just ask @Bubblewhale

I REGRET BUYING MY 8320 DUE TO IT BEING A DEAD SOCKET AND NOT HAVING NEW FEATURES...........

I REGRET BUYING MY 8320 DUE TO IT BEING A DEAD SOCKET AND NOT HAVING NEW FEATURES...........

yes and the no upgrade path

Lol I don't regret buying my FX9370 and 990fx board, should have got the better board...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

is there a big difference?

yes pentium has two cores that are equal to 3.5 of the amds cores at the same clock pentium can oc higher hence get better performance and in games they mostly use 2 cores so pentium destroys

Lol I don't regret buying my FX9370 and 990fx board, should have got the better board...

I bought it at the wrong time, and for like 50 dollars more, i coulda got a i5 4690K and a Z97 mobo instead. 

well you have a free space heater with no future for upgrades

I bought it at the wrong time, and for like 50 dollars more, i coulda got a i5 4690K and a Z97 mobo instead. 

Which would have more performance even multithreaded

is there a big difference?

The main big difference of the G3258 is upgradability. You will be able to drop in an i5 or i7 if you feel that a Pentium is not enough later on. With the 860K, you are already purchasing the (currently) highest end part for the platform, so you won't be able to upgrade as AMD likely progresses to FM3 for their future releases.

"Rawr XD"

if he plays mutlithreaded games like advanced warfare that is better

Other games like Battlefield, Far Cry 4, and Crysis 3 as well.

"Rawr XD"

New AAA games are starting to use 2 or more cores though, take a look at AW or Far Cry 4.

We don't know if it's a dead socket for sure yet. Keep in mind AM3 CPUs work in AM2+ boards.

"Rawr XD"

We don't know if it's a dead socket for sure yet. Keep in mind AM3 CPUs work in AM2+ boards.

And AM2+ cpus work on AM2 boards.

At stock clock speeds an FX8 would do better then an i5 when using all 8 cores

"Rawr XD"

well you have a free space heater with no future for upgrades

Some people don't have huge worries about those two factors like you do.

"Rawr XD"

New AAA games are starting to use 2 or more cores though, take a look at AW or Far Cry 4.

the i5 still is 4 cores last time i checked

At stock clock speeds an FX8 would do better then an i5 when using all 8 cores

no they are = even when rendering here i will link

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8227/devils-canyon-review-intel-core-i7-4790k-and-i5-4690k/3

A fx 8350 loses to the i5 in every  benchmark except win rar and hybrid x265 with neither overclocked

no they are = even when rendering here i will link

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8227/devils-canyon-review-intel-core-i7-4790k-and-i5-4690k/3

A fx 8350 loses to the i5 in every  benchmark except win rar and hybrid x265 with neither overclocked

you need to consider the price difference, a locked i5 which would be closer to the price of a 8350

"Rawr XD"

you need to consider the price difference, a locked i5 which would be closer to the price of a 8350

which is a stock i5 4690k i was comparing i wasnt saying prce i was proing that you didnt know which was faster