So Goeff Keighley is doing an award show and Ubisoft Montreal is nominated as Dev of the Year....No joke

Misanthrope

Hey Obama did win it though

I'm still not sure what he won that for. Being the first black president? Has he even done anything meaningful besides that? I don't accept the Usama bin laden thing because we don't have any actual confirmation of his death other than the government saying "we got him". And the whole healthcare thing just makes you want to bash your head against a wall.

I am really starting to think that Trolls run the world. TIME TO LEAVE >.<

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Hey Obama did win it though

Yeah, but at least he's not a dictator (depending on your POV I guess :P)...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

I'm still not sure what he won that for. Being the first black president? Has he even done anything meaningful besides that? I don't accept the Usama bin laden thing because we don't have any actual confirmation of his death other than the government saying "we got him". And the whole healthcare thing just makes you want to bash your head against a wall.

I am really starting to think that Trolls run the world. TIME TO LEAVE >.<

Please report these trolls, they ruin the game!!! xD

Please report these trolls, they ruin the game!!! xD

But THEY CONTROL THE REPORT BUTTON.

Time to hit reset....

But THEY CONTROL THE REPORT BUTTON.

Time to hit reset....

Oh God... When is warp drive gonna be ready? WE GOTTA BAIL OUT TO ALPHA CENTAURI!!!!

what a shame.. instead of making the Oscars of gaming... they made the MTV awards of gaming 

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

what a shame.. instead of making the Oscars of gaming... they made the MTV awards of gaming 

Because the Oscars are such a great show not at all filled to the brim with stupid bullshit, I mean it's not like they intentionally and completely ignore great actors, directors, movies, etc then give out pity awards long after it was the right time to it.

Because the Oscars are such a great show not at all filled to the brim with stupid bullshit, I mean it's not like they intentionally and completely ignore great actors, directors, movies, etc then give out pity awards long after it was the right time to it.

oh your absolutely right, i was talking more about the spectacle. the Oscars are considered prestigious and when u see a commercial for a movie u hear how many nominations or wins the actors or the movie have and its possible you might want to see it considering the attention it's getting. now if u see a commercial and said this actor or movie won a MTV award, well.. who gives a shit. 

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

If I cared about the VGA I would have been so pissed about this. The VGA has been a joke for many many years.

Angry Joe has some good videos about it explaining why it sucks balls, and has done so for many many years.

Spike TV VGAs 2010 - Will It Suck?

Why the VGX 2013 Awards Suck - Angry Rant

I can't wait for the award to the "best independent game fueled by mountain dew". I am not kidding with that by the way. That actually was a category.

Any sort of award show are a joke anyway...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

If I cared about the VGA I would have been so pissed about this. The VGA has been a joke for many many years.

Angry Joe has some good videos about it explaining why it sucks balls, and has done so for many many years.

I can't wait for the award to the "best independent game fueled by mountain dew". I am not kidding with that by the way. That actually was a category.

tumblr_inline_nb4w6fNEp61rpnerr.gif

The only purpose of watching these things is to see the premiers and stuff. No Man's Sky was a super great reveal last year so I'm interested in seeing what games they have lined up this time. As for the awards themselves, meh but at least they don't seem that bad. Unity and Ubi Montreal don't belong, but outside of those two nothing seems horribly out of place.

Well Ubi's CEO is on the advisory board. Still being nominated and winning are different things entirely. If they win then something is seriously wrong with the judges voting.

Nomination is still a big deal. You're saying "Hey, these guys still have a chance to win!"

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The only purpose of watching these things is to see the premiers and stuff. No Man's Sky was a super great reveal last year so I'm interested in seeing what games they have lined up this time. As for the awards themselves, meh but at least they don't seem that bad. Unity and Ubi Montreal don't belong, but outside of those two nothing seems horribly out of place.

I have a big time problem with the panel of judges due to gamergate: I think such toxic fucking morons should have no say in who gets an award after what they've been doing

-------

Current Rig

-------

gamergate

So then, who fits your criteria for a "Good journalist"

If you want to banish any journalists who have been attacked by GGers than who is left to vote

• TB
  • ??
  • That idiot internet aristocrat

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

If you want to banish any journalists who have been attacked by GGers than who is left to vote

• TB
  • ??

For starters nobody on mothefucking Polygon or Kotaku , not happy about IGN or Destructoid being there either. But to answer your question yeah, I much rather listen to a handful of youtubers, is that such a big fucking surprise being here on the forums a guy who started opening PC Cases on a dirty basement or a parking lot of a minor computer shop?

-------

Current Rig

-------

For starters nobody on mothefucking Polygon or Kotaku , not happy about IGN or Destructoid being there either. But to answer your question yeah, I much rather listen to a handful of youtubers, is that such a big fucking surprise being here on the forums a guy who started opening PC Cases on a dirty basement or a parking lot of a minor computer shop?

To be a little less negative, on my part, i don't think kotaku is as bad as its led up to be, sure pat hernandez throws out a lot of useless articles but for the most part they cover news well. but i can understand that a lot of people aren't happy about these journos, but this is very much an inside of gaming award show, its for talking about games from an in the industry perspective and new game announcements.

Its a very shallow deal either way, i think 'steam curators' are the game awards of the likes of Sterling or TB, and they give out more information and aren't just a dick waving contest

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I have a big time problem with the panel of judges due to gamergate: I think such toxic fucking morons should have no say in who gets an award after what they've been doing

There is a ton of shit slinging from both sides of that debate. The only people that come out of it well in my eyes are people like Jeff Gertsman who simply do their best to ignore the entire damn thing.

inb4 AC:UNITY GOTY.

I mean skyrim was GOTY and it was pretty buggy i had the ps3 version and it was unplayable my ps3 probably crashed more from skyrim than all of the games i had combined.

Of course they're nominated because they are one of the best game developers in the industry.
It's not the developers fault if the publisher pushes deadlines that are impossible to hold.
Battlefield 4 was a buggy mess that didn't have anything to do with DICE being a bad developer.

I mean skyrim was GOTY and it was pretty buggy i had the ps3 version and it was unplayable my ps3 probably crashed more from skyrim than all of the games i had combined.

Yep and when they finally patched it all of my save files where broken.

RTX2070OC 

• TB
  • ??

If you really trust anyone other than TB, you're a sad sad person. At least he shows some freakin integrity about his game reviews. Although with all this going on, and a move and expansion in the future, I think @LinusTech could get into game reviews (I'd trust Linus). Although with how shitty that realm of the game industry is, I don't think Linus would even want to get into it.

Of course they're nominated because they are one of the best game developers in the industry.

It's not the developers fault if the publisher pushes deadlines that are impossible to hold.

Battlefield 4 was a buggy mess that didn't have anything to do with DICE being a bad developer.

Yep and when they finally patched it all of my save files where broken.

BF4 and BF3 were shit because of the choices DICE made, not just because of EA's "MUST BEAT COD TO RELEASE" timeline.

If you really trust anyone other than TB, you're a sad sad person. At least he shows some freakin integrity about his game reviews. Although with all this going on, and a move and expansion in the future, I think @LinusTech could get into game reviews (I'd trust Linus). Although with how shitty that realm of the game industry is, I don't think Linus would even want to get into it.

BF4 and BF3 were shit because of the choices DICE made, not just because of EA's "MUST BEAT COD TO RELEASE" timeline.

TB doesn't do reviews. If you call his videos reviews you might as well start calling Giant Bomb's quick looks reviews because they're the same thing. Speaking of which the GB crew is pretty good as well.