[TigerDirect] AMD FX-8300 OEM [$109.99]

WoodenMarker

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9494387&CatId=7339

Not sure if this has been posted before since I've read that this deal has been up for a while. 

It's a pretty good deal for anyone who was already planning to get an aftermarket cooler.

690ab2a74bb5d0ff916b5d48b4ed92e9.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There's an 8300? wat.

OEM

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

I too just found out that there is an 8370

get back to schoolwork yo

Would that be overkill for an office PC? $109 is cheap compared to I-5's

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It depends on what you do in your office?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Could this be OC to match an 8350's performance?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Could this be OC to match an 8350's performance?

Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if the 8300 was lower binned though.

Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if the 8300 was lower binned though.

Im low on money and desperate to upgrade. Would you recommend just waiting to save some more for an 8350?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

It depends on what you do in your office?

Simple word processing mostly. The person using the PC just never closes and windows lol. I figure $100 for an 8 core is better than $189 for a 4 core

Im low on money and desperate to upgrade. Would you recommend just waiting to save some more for an 8350?

Nope. I'd stick with the 8300 unless you're a stickler for high oc's.

Simple word processing mostly. The person using the PC just never closes and windows lol. I figure $100 for an 8 core is better than $189 for a 4 core

Both the 8300 or i5 would be overkill when a modern celeron or pentium would already be fine for that.

I would still go Core 2 Quad over this lameless shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yes it would be overkill, but it would last a really long time if you don't plan on upgrade.

Also a thing to note, this processor does NOT come with a fan. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I would still go Core 2 Quad over this lameless shit.

The 8300 outperforms the Core 2 Quad in pretty much every way including single threaded performance.

Cool.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Agreed.

But if you're building Office PC's or machines for Users that you have to maintain and service and honnor warrienties and whatnot, finding parts and RMA'ing motherboards for socket 775 is a bitch.

But the parts are cheaper, so in case something does die, then it's usually a lot less out of pocket. And plus, maybe it isn't hard if the company is still around, like Gigabyte or Asus. I wish I could say the same for abit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Nope. I'd stick with the 8300 unless you're a stickler for high oc's.Both the 8300 or i5 would be overkill when a modern celeron or pentium would already be fine for that.

The real concern is that the person using it is the type to leave a shit ton of windows open throughout the day. She's managed to slow down an I-3 to a crawl in daily use. Could be bloatware, could be age, could be that it's an HP piece of shit. Just want something bulletproof that she can't slow down by being stupid lol

Wow...this is a great price.  I'm sure though the 8320 and 8350 will drop again in price around Black Friday.  I got my 8320 for $100 from Micro Center last year.  I was able to get it overclocked to 4.4GHz

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

The real concern is that the person using it is the type to leave a shit ton of windows open throughout the day. She's managed to slow down an I-3 to a crawl in daily use. Could be bloatware, could be age, could be that it's an HP piece of shit. Just want something bulletproof that she can't slow down by being stupid lol

It's more likely a slow drive and/or a shortage of ram along with bloatware than the i3 not being up to par. 

It's more likely a slow drive and/or a shortage of ram along with bloatware than the i3 not being up to par. 

Very Probably. At this point I just want to build her a new system as HP is crap.

how does this cpu compare to the fx 8350 or athlon 860k

how does this cpu compare to the fx 8350 or athlon 860k

It's pretty much the same chip as the 8350 with a lower clock speed. 

Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if the 8300 was lower binned though.

Good processor. I had an 8350 that didnt oc past 4.3 stable (I was pissed). I then purchased an 8300 and got it to run at 4.65 stable (which is whats in my rig atm). These chips can oc just like the 8350 can. In fact, it is an 8350 that has been underclocked to 3.3. It turbos to 4.3 (regardless of what wiki says) which is 100 mhz over the 8350's turbo of 4.2. 

If you can find a coupon for tigerdirect to give you $10 -$15 off orders of $100 or more, it can bring it down to thesub $100 range

Yes it would be overkill, but it would last a really long time if you don't plan on upgrade.

Also a thing to note, this processor does NOT come with a fan. 

I purchased this CPU a few weeks ago, and yes it does come with a thermaltake heatsink fan combo...They also said "no fan included" then too.. But then again, Im not sure if that was a mistake at their end or not