Updating Drivers AMD 8970

bossman111
Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

It is asking to create a file in the Program Files. Will this be okay, or will it mess up my pc?

its fine just keep hitting yes/accept :P

Hi,

I have been getting some trouble with updating my drivers.

I tried downloading the AMD Catylyst Install Manager, but it says the default save location (to install the updates to) is Program Files/ ATI Technologies, however that file does not exist in Program Files.

There is a file call ATI located in Program Files however....

So should I change the save file location Program Files/ATI or let it create a new folder called ATI Technologies?

the prompt should continue to say "create directory yes/no" just select yes and it will continue on. Its just a temp directory for the installer to extract and run from. Nothing serious

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

the prompt should continue to say "create directory yes/no" just select yes and it will continue on. Its just a temp directory for the installer to extract and run from. Nothing serious

It is asking to create a file in the Program Files. Will this be okay, or will it mess up my pc?

its fine just keep hitting yes/accept :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Thanks for everything. Everything seems to be working fine now :-)