CoD: AW - PC Min. Sys. Reqs. Revealed - 55gb of storage needed

OlekKing

Chances are that the game won't start up if you don't have 6GB

but is the game really using 6GBs of RAM?

Say windows 7 uses like 1GB-1.5GB, that leaves 5GB-4.5GBs free for the game to mess with.

Is it really dumping so much into the RAM that it needs 4.5GB just for the game alone?

I need someone to explain that to me, because I seriously don't get it.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

but is the game really using 6GBs of RAM?

Say windows 7 uses like 1GB-1.5GB, that leaves 5GB-4.5GBs free for the game to mess with.

Is it really dumping so much into the RAM that it needs 4.5GB just for the game alone?

I need someone to explain that to me, because I seriously don't get it.

Probably not, but it may have an artificial block like Ghosts did. (You'll get an error message and you won't be allowed to play the game)

Speculation: The absurd file sizes are a deterrent for piracy... The files that are actually needed and used by the game amount only to 22GB at least...

Actually not they aren't. I'd still pirate this game. Sure i miss out on the gripping multiplier but i couldn't care. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Huh?

First of all why are you appealing to authority?

Secondly...he's talking about AC:U's system requirements there...

1:26:45

Linus says:

50GB of space... that's becoming par for the course

I think the point is just to show that yeah, these extremely large downloads are becoming normal.

YES it sucks for anyone who has shitty internet or small data caps. But you can't let things like that hold back advancement. In fact, if everyone who has those slow speeds and data caps complains to their ISPs saying "Hey I just bought a game but I can't even download it!", etc, then it will help push the ISP to advance themselves.

For those of us with 150/15 connections and plenty of HDD space (See sig: 120GB SSD + 500GB HDD), the download size is not a concern in the slightest.

As for how "shit" it'll be, unlike half the posters here, I'll wait for the reviews and just see for myself whether I think it'll be good or not. I enjoy the COD single player experience, and have played COD4 and MW2 campaigns dozens of times (Played through BO1 and MW3 twice each - haven't played BO2 or Ghosts yet). I'm actually going through a Nostalgia COD4 playthrough right now (Also testing Windows 10 gaming performance).

Will this game suck? Maybe? None of us can say until it's finished.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1:26:45

Linus says:

I think the point is just to show that yeah, these extremely large downloads are becoming normal.

YES it sucks for anyone who has shitty internet or small data caps. But you can't let things like that hold back advancement. In fact, if everyone who has those slow speeds and data caps complains to their ISPs saying "Hey I just bought a game but I can't even download it!", etc, then it will help push the ISP to advance themselves.

For those of us with 150/15 connections and plenty of HDD space (See sig: 120GB SSD + 500GB HDD), the download size is not a concern in the slightest.

As for how "shit" it'll be, unlike half the posters here, I'll wait for the reviews and just see for myself whether I think it'll be good or not. I enjoy the COD single player experience, and have played COD4 and MW2 campaigns dozens of times (Played through BO1 and MW3 twice each - haven't played BO2 or Ghosts yet). I'm actually going through a Nostalgia COD4 playthrough right now (Also testing Windows 10 gaming performance).

Will this game suck? Maybe? None of us can say until it's finished.

But he is speaking about Assassin's Creed Unity which has a 1:1 scale version of Paris from the French Revolution, from all i've seen it looks quite impressive and it will also be sporting several new Nvidia Gameworks features...

Not a military shooter with a 6-8h campaign with linear levels and a dozen of small multiplayer maps...

Did you see me talk about "downloads"? No, i was simply talking about the install size requirement. I'll install it on my HDD but i would have liked having the game on my SSD.

I don't have a problem with large sizes when it's justified.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I really don't understand why people are complaining about the size of this or any game. Its not like the game has been released yet and runs, looks and sounds crap. We won't know that until its released. We also can't use any footage we've seen to date simply because its compressed video so the quality will be lower than real time. I read that some one thought the cut scenes in battlefield 4 looked better. I have to ask if that person was high. The cut scenes are low resolution, low texture, seems to run at 30 fps affairs (I game at both 1440p and 2160 with max setting)

But he is speaking about Assassin's Creed Unity which has a 1:1 scale version of Paris from the French Revolution, from all i've seen it looks quite impressive and it will also be sporting several new Nvidia Gameworks features...

Not a military shooter with a 6-8h campaign with linear levels and a dozen of small multiplayer maps...

Did you see me talk about "downloads"? No, i was simply talking about the install size requirement. I'll install it on my HDD but i would have liked having the game on my SSD.

I don't have a problem with large sizes when it's justified.

How do you know the game has a 6-8h campaign with linear levels and a dozen small multiplayer maps? I'm sure some of that info is definitely correct, but looking at map size progression in the franchise, MW1 to MW2 to MW3 all have bigger and bigger maps (especially in the campaign). The Paris map in MW3 is pretty damn huge for example. I haven't played any multiplayer from MW3 though so I cannot say about the map size there.

I'm just saying, that until the game is released and legitimate unbiased reviews (such as TotalBiscuit, Angry Joe, etc) come out, then most of what we're seeing here discussed is entirely speculation.

You MIGHT be 100% correct about the map sizes and campaign length, etc. Or you might be wrong. Let's wait and see :)

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

How do you know the game has a 6-8h campaign with linear levels and a dozen small multiplayer maps? I'm sure some of that info is definitely correct, but looking at map size progression in the franchise, MW1 to MW2 to MW3 all have bigger and bigger maps (especially in the campaign). The Paris map in MW3 is pretty damn huge for example. I haven't played any multiplayer from MW3 though so I cannot say about the map size there.

I'm just saying, that until the game is released and legitimate unbiased reviews (such as TotalBiscuit, Angry Joe, etc) come out, then most of what we're seeing here discussed is entirely speculation.

You MIGHT be 100% correct about the map sizes and campaign length, etc. Or you might be wrong. Let's wait and see :)

All the campaigns so far have been around 6h, they said AW would be slightly longer so maybe 8-9h, from the gameplay we've seen so far it's still the same Michael Bay production value, linear paths, many cutscene moments...

How can you really think it will be much different?

There are about 12 maps, it's been confirmed, how do i know they'll be small? The one's we've seen so far were small, you think they'll throw in a few BF sized maps for the lulz?

Like i've said before, BF4 Vanilla with no DLC takes up close to half of AW's required storage space...How can you justify it?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

All the campaigns so far have been around 6h, they said AW would be slightly longer so maybe 8-9h, from the gameplay we've seen so far it's still the same Michael Bay production value, linear paths, many cutscene moments...

How can you really think it will be much different?

There are about 12 maps, it's been confirmed, how do i know they'll be small? The one's we've seen so far were small, you think they'll throw in a few BF sized maps for the lulz?

Like i've said before, BF4 Vanilla with no DLC takes up close to half of AW's required storage space...How can you justify it?

Here's the thing, you keep saying "How can you justify it?"

I don't have to justify it, because I'm not saying it is justified. That's where you keep misunderstanding. In fact, quite the opposite. For better or worse, I'm saying wait for release. Wait until we know what the whole game is, and how it looks, before condemning it.

Could be they crammed a ton of high res textures, sweet CGI cutscenes (whether you like CGI cutscenes or not is personal preference, but they usually DO look better), and amazing audio into it. Or maybe they didn't, and your suspicious are correct.

But guess what? We won't know until it's done.

Edit: FYI I don't give a shit about the Multiplayer anyway. When I am referring to map sizes, I'm not just talking about the multiplayer maps, but also the size of campaign levels.