3DS or Wii U

red_jelly
Go to solution Solved by red_jelly,

Get the Wii U now and wait on the new 3DS coming out that is going to be in or already is in Japan first.  It will eventually be released in North America and elsewhere.

i think i may wait for the 3ds it's coming out on the 21st of November for me in Aus

I want to buy a Nintendo console/handheld so i can verse my boyfriend in SSB, Mario Cart 7 and all the other multiplayer games. He has both so it doesnt matter. But i do want to play the RPG's on Nintendo, not Pokemon. Games like Zelda, XenoBlade and so forth.

So what would be better a 3DS or a WiiU? If it's the 3DS should i wait for the LL version which is coming out soon.

I am a University student, I'm a guy (No Pink), and i'm becoming a hug Nintendo fan cause PC games are lacking and all the indie games are the same much like the PS4.

Thanks for reading this possibliy confusing and mis-spelled post.

Cheers,

red_jelly

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

Choosing between a 3DS and a WiiU is like choosing between a carrot and a car, they are totally different things...

If you want an handheld console, 3DS, if you want to sit in the couch and play in the TV with other people, WiiU

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Both

But as above, depends if you want portable or home system

I would probably choose a Wii U over the 3ds, but I do own a 3ds.. and its great so.....both

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have both and i prefer the 3ds, but i think it is only because i moved away from console gaming a couple of months ago.

if you don't like sitting on a couch and playing on a TV and prefer something more portable that you can go to other places with ease I would go the 3ds. If you do choose the 3ds i personally would wait for the LL because more games will be released that need compatibility with the other thumb stick.

Depends. Do you want games to play now or games to play in the next couple of years? Do you tend to play games at home or are you more likely to play them while you're out? What specific games are you into? How much are you willing to spend? They both have their strengths and weaknesses so whatever makes the most sense for you. That said, right now? The Wii U will probably have more interesting and worthwhile new games for longer than the 3DS will. Purely because it's a newer platform.

For the games you mentioned Kart, Smash, Zelda and Xenoblade. Well as of right now the 3DS has the edge but in the long run the Wii U is getting the new Zelda and a sequel to Xenoblade....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

The 3DS has tons of great niche titles (if you are into that) and a very strong line-up in general. The Wii-U has some really great titles but it's still not worth the purchase (and the extra cost) over a 3DS IMO. It's up to you and the games that you want to play, though.

I'd also add that on paper the main appeal of the 3DS is the 3D and the main appeal of the Wii U is asymetric 5 player multi. But when you actually use them the main appeal of the 3DS is StreetPass and the main appeal of the Wii U is off-TV play. So consider that when making your decision. If you were interested in the idea of the NVidia Shield at all? Then the Wii U will win you over. No question about it. If however you kinda like the idea of wardriving for puzzle pieces and houses in Animal Crossing? Then the 3DS has you covered.

But yeah, it comes down to content. I have both, I don't know which one I think would be better overall because they're both pretty good. I just know which one has me hyped ATM.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

#Emulator

Yeah, good luck with all of those 3DS and Wii U emulators that totally exist...

I would go for the New 3DS when it comes out and play together on his Wii U until then.

Would someone like to explain, why Techhog's 2nd post disappeared? Mods supporting the trolls again?

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Would someone like to explain, why Techhog's 2nd post disappeared? Mods supporting the trolls again?

Well, I reported his post. Maybe they misfired, or I reported my own post by mistake? Either way, those links need to be removed before someone ends up with an infected computer.

Oh wait, I see. His post was deleted, resulting in mine being deleted, and then he reposted it.

On topic... Okay, actually I'm biased against Wii U lol. I love my 3DS, though, so definitely get 3DS at some point.

Get the Wii U now and wait on the new 3DS coming out that is going to be in or already is in Japan first.  It will eventually be released in North America and elsewhere.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

i think i may wait for the 3ds it's coming out on the 21st of November for me in Aus

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

Well, I reported his post. Maybe they misfired, or I reported my own post by mistake? Either way, those links need to be removed before someone ends up with an infected computer.

Oh wait, I see. His post was deleted, resulting in mine being deleted, and then he reposted it.

On topic... Okay, actually I'm biased against Wii U lol. I love my 3DS, though, so definitely get 3DS at some point.

I made quite a few screenshots that can prove that moderation on this site is terrible.

Whenever I report a troll like him nothing happens. It's always the guys who call out the trolls that will end up with a deleted/altered post and a warning, instead. That's why I didn't even bother posting my honest opinion about the systems in question. I personally own both.

Made screenshots of this post, too.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I made quite a few screenshots that can prove that moderation on this site is terrible.

Whenever I report a troll like him nothing happens. It's always the guys who call out the trolls that will end up with a deleted/altered post and a warning, instead. That's why I didn't even bother posting my honest opinion about the systems in question. I personally own both.

Made screenshots of this post, too.

Are you talking about me?  The Gif Master?

aQqLM3z_460sa_v1.gif

*Edit*

The Gif Master is going to sleep, do not bash me until tomorrow around 9:00 am EST.

Because he had a hard drive.