Facebook for the rich?

ddbtkd456

(CNN) -- Would you enjoy social media more without all those pesky 99-percenters complaining about their mortgage payments and high cable bills?
For a mere $9,000, Netropolitan is here to help.
Launched Tuesday, Netropolitan bills itself as "the online country club for people with more money than time."
Seriously.
To join, users must pony up $9,000 for dues and a membership fee, then another $3,000 per year after that.
If it all seems like a joke -- an elaborate ruse in an age when Facebook, Twitter and a host of other social networks are free -- the man behind the idea assures you it is not.
"This is 100% real, and I believe there is a need and an audience for this service," said James Touchi-Peters, Netropolitan's founder.
Using social media to sell fashion
Is U.S. citizen ISIS' social media guru?
'Crystal ball' predicts social media trends
Touchi-Peters, 48, a composer and former conductor of the Minnesota Philharmonic Orchestra, said he had trouble finding people to whom he could relate on other social sites.
"I saw a need for an environment where you could talk about the finer things in life without backlash -- an environment where people could share similar likes and experiences," he said.
The hefty initiation fee, he said, "ensures that our membership remains exclusive, but also private."
Members must be at least 21 years old and must register using their real names. Once in, they may form groups around common interests, but will have access to posts and status updates by all other users.
There are no ads, the site is not indexed by search engines, and moderators are active at all times to police bad behavior (like spamming ads for your own business).
Clicking an ever-present button will call up a "Member Service Associate" to provide help with the site at any time. That's a nicety that the folks at Netropolitan want to make sure isn't abused by its anticipated clientele, though.
"Please understand that Netropolitan is NOT a concierge service," the site's FAQ section reads. "Our Member Service Associates will not book you a charter jet, or find you tickets to a sold-out Broadway show. They exist solely to help members technically navigate and find their way around the social club."
Touchi-Peters declined to say how big he hopes the site's user base will grow. It has been seeded with "a select group of pre-qualified members" and will always be exclusive, he said.
And if it all comes off as just so elitist, Touchi-Peters notes that it's an online, and mobile, idea with plenty of real-word precedent.
"We view Netropolitan.club in the same light as any country club out there," he said. "They have initiation fees and yearly dues for members. Netropolitan is an online country club, focused on connecting members around the world. We believe there is a need for a community like this, and we are filling the need."

"DL;DNTR"

People pay 9,000 dollars for signup and 3,000 dollars a year afterwards.....sigh the ignorance opinions?

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Step aside broke ass bitches! this is my time!!!

Details separate people.

what did I just read O_O

Step aside broke ass bitches! this is my time!!!

Yea I know right...no ads they say..

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

some-genius-reversed-this-gif.gif

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

-snip-

Wasn't complaining just posting it to let people know.

Soooo essentially a less cancerous version of Facebook?

Yes, if its possible.

Why did I not think of this!

That's probably why I'm a 99%'er....

Soooo essentially a less cancerous version of Facebook?

You haven't interacted with 1%'ers have you? LOL

At this point if I made enough money to spend it this way I'd probably have millionaire friends I can contact in other ways. Not sure how well this will go but then again it doesn't need that many people to be profitable I'm sure.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I went to the site, it was a wordpress site that Im pretty sure isnt even finished yet.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

I know a number of people who would totally sign up for this. 

To prove my point, one of them has a 5960x with 4 Titan blacks... money is no object... ever.

I hope one day I will be making enough dough to ball out on a website like this.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

$3,000 per year

3,000 dollars a month

Good job at your math skills.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

True, that kid will never be on this website...

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Quiet you we all make mistakes :P

True, that kid will never be on this website...

That's just offensive.

Quite genius, the man is making money off of suckers with more money than common sense.

What country club requires you to spend 9k to start using a website? Country clubs charge heaps because you get something really really nice in return but what i am seeing here is that say i spend 9k and in return i get to be friends with other people on a website...  :blink:

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

What country club requires you to spend 9k to start using a website? Country clubs charge heaps because you get something really really nice in return but what i am seeing here is that say i spend 9k and in return i get to be friends with other people on a website... :blink:

Yes, the man is a genius. You just know some people will join it.

Yes, the man is a genius. You just know some people will join it.

True, i should have started it. Two people could pay off all my debt lol

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

True, i should have started it. Two people could pay off all my debt lol

Hell, even one could pay my debt and allow me to buy a laptop or something

Hell, even one could pay my debt and allow me to buy a laptop or something

Lets do one together! then spilt 50/50 hahahaa

Lets do one together! then spilt 50/50 hahahaa

Deal! Or wait... they have the market now so.... Okay Never mind.. :(

Why did I not think of this!

That's probably why I'm a 99%'er....

You haven't interacted with 1%'ers have you? LOL

I have interacted with a few, most are nice people and I have never had any issues with them. My father used to hate them because he did not know any. He met a few after some success and now they are his favorite people to be around.