Logitech Teases New RGB Mechanical Keyboard

if it was going to have cherry's i would be interested but since its a cheap in house thing its going to be crap like the new razer keyboards

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Absolutely dont care what other rgb keyboards are there. All I want is to mechanical keyboards be less overpriced.

you have a $70 mouse how is a $100 range mechanical keyboard over priced?

Still no mechanical keyboard with lcd. I'll stick with my g15 v2

if it was going to have cherry's i would be interested but since its a cheap in house thing its going to be crap like the new razer keyboards

Actually since this is actually logitech's swictch im still interested. but mostly cause I want to take it apart and take a peek inside but i also know what Kailh did before they were in the name brand boards.

Being that Kailh switches borrowed heavily from Cherry designs and patents, there's not much room for argument on that front. I was more concerned with the accusation that Razer/Kailh are exploiting children.

They are clone copies yes (which btw is intellectual theft) but they are still manufactured cheaply in Chinese factories with piss poor QC. If you have used a Kaihl keyboard before you would know that the keys can feel radically different from one another, which makes typing awkward. Also I'm pretty sure it's obvious Foxconn hires children, pays jack shit and forces their workers into 16 hour shifts, and ohh, you can't forget those record high suicide rates.

you have a $70 mouse how is a $100 range mechanical keyboard over priced?

At a switch to dollar ratio the keyboard is a much better deal.

Still no mechanical keyboard with lcd. I'll stick with my g15 v2

and you a lcd on your keyboard why? And dont worry itll come because the marketing for the mechanical part has already died out and soon will RGB whithout taking into account that its so expensive.

no cherry switch is superior to any other its all personal preferance.

They are mimicking them the stem and spring aer in the same orientation and the top snaps on relatively the same.

looks like a fat cherry switch to me. I was actually half expecting alps.

How the hell are browns superior? In terms of being quiet? Maybe, but in terms of being tactile and amazing for typing? Never in a million years!

I was kidding.. kind of. Obviously anything that I prefer is the best option. :)

I was kidding.. kind of. Obviously anything that I prefer is the best option. :)

In that case...

#RedKeySwitchMasterRace

They are clone copies yes (which btw is intellectual theft) but they are still manufactured cheaply in Chinese factories with piss poor QC. If you have used a Kaihl keyboard before you would know that the keys can feel radically different from one another, which makes typing awkward. Also I'm pretty sure it's obvious Foxconn hires children, pays jack shit and forces their workers into 16 hour shifts, and ohh, you can't forget those record high suicide rates.

The "radically" different feel you describe isn't limited to Kailh switches, Cherry switches can also have minor variances. If you want to say that Kailh switches are somehow worse in this regard, prove it.

Foxconn ≠ Kailh. If you don't have proof, don't make accusations.

They're Omron switches, not exactly a cheap in-house thing.

The "radically" different feel you describe isn't limited to Kailh switches, Cherry switches can also have minor variances. If you want to say that Kailh switches are somehow worse in this regard, prove it.

Foxconn ≠ Kailh. If you don't have proof, don't make accusations.

I feel no consistency problems with Cherry Keyboards considering Cherry has far superior QC. Every Razer Black Widow 2014 I have typed on (stupid "friends") has felt inconsistent and awkward, which is especially noticeable if tow keys right next two each other are completely different. Please stop being a Razer fanboy, their products are shit.

This is interesting but I'll go with corsair because the keyboards don't have a frame around the keys. Easier too clean :P

Now I just need to make up my mind on what switches to jump on, I don't want reds again, blues feels nice but are loud. Hmm

In that case...

#RedKeySwitchMasterRace

umm no their way way too light the only think I prefer them over is browns but nothing is below brown in the cherry m world.

I feel no consistency problems with Cherry Keyboards considering Cherry has far superior QC. Every Razer Black Widow 2014 I have typed on (stupid "friends") has felt inconsistent and awkward, which is especially noticeable if tow keys right next two each other are completely different. Please stop being a Razer fanboy, their products are shit.

Who's fanboying? You're the one trying to use anecdotes as evidence to support a confirmation bias. :rolleyes:

Razer has some very good products.

This is interesting but I'll go with corsair because the keyboards don't have a frame around the keys. Easier too clean :P

Now I just need to make up my mind on what switches to jump on, I don't want reds again, blues feels nice but are loud. Hmm

Get yourself some clears. heck if you want a custom board ill build it for ya.

umm no their way way too light the only think I prefer them over is browns but nothing is below brown in the cherry m world.

I was joking.

how are the clears?

Oh you can make one? Have any examples? Possible one with no frame around the keys?

really tactile some find them a bit heavy but if you go custom that can be adjusted. there is a simple design which is basically just two lasercut panels sandwiched together. you could probably even 3rd print something to go between.

how are the clears?

Oh you can make one? Have any examples? Possible one with no frame around the keys?

i have been using him as a keyboard parts store myself. I bought some mx green switched, keycaps, diodes, usb cables and a micro controller from him in the past few weeks lol for making my numpad to match my keyboard

0oNly33.jpg

and you a lcd on your keyboard why? And dont worry itll come because the marketing for the mechanical part has already died out and soon will RGB whithout taking into account that its so expensive.

Because I got used to having clock, CPU and GPU monitors, and basic gaming stats that are normally unavailable or not as easily accessible to me under my screen.

Because I got used to having clock, CPU and GPU monitors, and basic gaming stats that are normally unavailable or not as easily accessible to me under my screen.

Umm use windows gadgets and get even more info that that can provide.

Umm use windows gadgets and get even more info that that can provide.

Mid-game?

Mid-game?

yep dual (err maybe quad) displays baby! :D

Personally, this keyboard looks like something that I would have to actually test in person, the weird looking slope of the keys seems like it would be something that is at first irritating, but who knows. The smartphone dock looks interesting, but 2 factors could make this a useless add-on. The first would be if there are very few games that support this feature. The second would be if we are going to pay a premium for this add-on feature because, if I'm going to spend an arm and a leg on this feature,  could just get another app similar to this and a cell phone stand (like the JAS mini) and use any other keyboard.

Though the biggest thing I'm worried about is their new mechanical switch and buckling spring combination. Gamers are generally pretty picky when it comes to how their peripherals look and feel, and if this new combo feels awkward, no amount of add-ons like full rgb illumination, or smartphone docking system will change peoples minds (or at least my mind). Hopefully, logitech knows what their doing here, but as stated before I feel I'll need to test this thing out and compare it to other alternatives (say the K70 rgb) before I feel comfortable shelling out however much this keyboard will cost.

Check out my youtube channel and website where I unbox and review tech, and on the occasion discuss tech news.

www.youtube.com/princestech & www.thetechprince.com (primary)

www.youtube.com/houstontexanfan123

yep dual (err maybe quad) displays baby! :D

Yeah, especially when you can't either buy one or fit one on your desk.

Also, Windows 8.