Cooler Master V8 GTS: Will It Fit?

Aristocrates

Hello peeps, I need advice.

I've recently set out to build a computer for the first time - project outlined here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/213890-project-my-first-build/

My intention was to use a Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH to cool my CPU, but to replace the fans it comes with with 2 Corsair sp120 fans for extra wooshiness (*cough*, by which I mean air pressure and cooling power...), but I've just watched Linus's Techquickie video on vapour chambers (http://youtu.be/M4POFT3Ctek), in which he mentions the Cooler Master V8 GTS, and that seems to be an even better solution for me because of the vapour chamber and because, since I wouldn't feel the need to replace the fans, it would end up costing roughly the same (possibly less, since there would be only one shipping cost rather than two), which would be pretty awesome for what seems to be a better cooling solution.

But I have a problem: I absolutely love the Bitfenix Prodigy M, and am thus unwilling to get something else, so my question is this: will the behemoth that is the Cooler Master V8 GTS fit on a Maximus VII Gene inside a Bitfenix Prodigy M with two (later on most likely four) sticks of Corsair Vengeance Pro Red (read: very tall RAM), or am I better off sticking to my original intention of using the already quite good Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH with the Corsair fans?

Thank you in advance :)

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

honestly with such a small case/mobo it is just begging to be cooled with an aio water cooler

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

maybe consider a coolermaster h80i

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

It might should fit but it'll be really tight... I suggest going for a blowdown type or an AIO liquid cooler...

*corsair

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

im less worried how tall it is that how wide it is... seems like it would have serious issues with hitting gpu/ rear io. them giant tower coolers are ment for bigger boards that have muh more real estate

*corsair

yeah what he said lol

Oh, thank you! I had originally intended to use a Corsair H100i but a friend of mine kept saying that I'd always be worrying that it might leak and fry my pc - it wouldn't do that, would it?  :blink:

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

seriously doubt it

Oh, thank you! I had originally intended to use a Corsair H100i but a friend of mine kept saying that I'd always be worrying that it might leak and fry my pc - it wouldn't do that, would it?  :blink:

That isn't gonna be such problem. AIOs are quite well sealed. Problem would be pump dying.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

That isn't gonna be such problem. AIOs are quite well sealed. Problem would be pump dying.

I hope the Corsair software has a warning system then :P

But I do suppose it would be better to fry just the CPU due to overheating than everything because of leaks - and the CPU would shut down before frying anyway :)

thats a corsair skew

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

yeah i muffed that one