Gigabyte vs MSI Z97 motherboard

Which motherboard do you think is better? I'm pretty certain they are almost the same at this point and I'm about to pick the one that my little brother will like better based on looks at this point.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130770&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128711&cm_re=gigabyte_z97-_-13-128-711-_-Product

I'm a student currently attending the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, if you attend or around there please don't hesitate to contact me!

Mudkip: CPU: i5-4670k; Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo; Memory: 16GBs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz; Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD5H; GPU: ASUS DCUII 770 2GB @ 1254MHz; HDD: Seagate Barracude 1TB; PSU: CX750M; Case: ThermalTake A31 Chaser Thunder

The Gaming 5 supports SLI, so there is that. I would prefer you get the MSI for multiple reasons including aesthetics and slightly better quality, but it's not bad if you pick the Gigabyte.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The Gaming 5 supports SLI, so there is that. I would prefer you get the MSI for multiple reasons including aesthetics and slightly better quality, but it's not bad if you pick the Gigabyte.

They both support SLI I'm pretty sure.

I'm a student currently attending the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, if you attend or around there please don't hesitate to contact me!

Mudkip: CPU: i5-4670k; Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo; Memory: 16GBs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz; Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD5H; GPU: ASUS DCUII 770 2GB @ 1254MHz; HDD: Seagate Barracude 1TB; PSU: CX750M; Case: ThermalTake A31 Chaser Thunder

Both of these manufacturers are shit.Have you ever looked at MSI ads?,Stupid shit

Both of these manufacturers are shit.Have you ever looked at MSI ads?,Stupid shit

First off, thanks for contributing!

Secondly, my brother wants a black red scheme and so I went with a black and red motherboard that was also affordable and had a lot of nice features. Sorry it's not the most premium board but it is manageable.

I like the msi for looks the gigabyte for quality and the gigabyte has dual bios so its hard to brick your motherboard if things go south. I did run into someone the other day on the forum who bricked a msi motherboard when he was trying to update the bios 

How... Hahaha. Yeah I have a gigabyte mobo right now and I like it a lot hasn't failed me yet, although it does require the cpu run at turbo 24/7 which i don't like toooo much but I live.

never heard of that but cant you turn off turbo in the bios?

Nope... If you disable it, my cpu will just run constantly at 3.4. Rather just pay the power bill for 3.8.

What? turbo mode saves power when it boosts it will sacrifice cores for speed and i dont think your turbo boost is messed up ive never heard of that. and you have a 4670k why arent you overclocking? and btw 3.4 4 cores is better than 3.8 with two cores now im not 100 percent sure if what i said is correct about turbo boost but thats what i understand

So what I really mean is when your doing nothing, your cpu is running at 3.8 at least when your running single core or dual core activities. It will never downclock to conserve energy. Hope that helps?

And I haven't overclocked it yet because i need to put at least a days worth of time into losing it and I just havent had that day yet. =(

it should drop the clock speed unless its running something in the backgroud play around with the minimum processor state inside windows power management settings

It just has to do with the motherboard. Tomshardware wasn't happy with it because they couldn't compare motherboards the same across the board.