Origin PC and AMD make up

pixeldensity

If you guys recalled last year or so, custom PC builders, Origin PC announced that they would no longer be selling any systems with amd gpus in them. It seem recently on MaximumPC podcast, Origin PC and amd sat down together and said they have made up with each and Origin PC will start to sell PCs with amd gpus inside of them again.

the founder of Origin PC and AMD’s Roy Taylor sat down next to each other on a popular live podcast and announced that they were back to being partners, and that Origin would once again integrate AMD’s GPUs in their systems. During the podcast, AMD’s Roy Taylor seemed genuinely apologetic and regretful, highlighting a renewed effort to win back the trust from partners and consumers.

The rest of the article just goes on about amd addressing that they still need to regain trust from their users and partners.

We’re coming from the back foot,” Taylor said. “You guys know this. AMD’s in a bit of a turnaround but we’re working really hard. We have a lot of work to do to win everybody’s trust.

The last part of the article talks about the journalist experience with amd.

Sources: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/08/28/as-amd-and-origin-pc-bury-the-hatchet-a-personal-story-about-amds-efforts-to-win-back-trust/

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

So you're telling me, Origin PC would rather use the TITAN Z over the R9 295 x2?

TNUqY1f.jpg

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Welp, he just confirmed they're rebranding the new FX CPU's.

Welp, he just confirmed they're rebranding the new FX CPU's.

That's pretty much the only thing left to do with the FX-line. More intrigued by the G3258 competitor he mentioned in the podcast.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

why was there a problem between them in a first place? (didnt watch the vid if its in there tell me)

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

why was there a problem between them in a first place? (didnt watch the vid if its in there tell me)

nvidia worked out an exculsivity deal.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

That's pretty much the only thing left to do with the FX-line. More intrigued by the G3258 competitor he mentioned in the podcast.

If it's just an unlocked dual core AMD CPU I'm not interested.

The reason the G3258 is succesful is because it's two unlocked Intel cores, with all the IPC that brings.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

So you're telling me, Origin PC would rather use the TITAN Z over the R9 295 x2?

If you need a $1500+ GPU, you shouldn't be buying from Origin PC.

4930k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX - ASUS x79 Deluxe - 32GB Tactical Tracer @ 2133

If you need a $1500+ GPU, you shouldn't be buying from Origin PC.

*applause*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Can't believe they ever stopped selling amd gpus. So stupid.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

nvidia worked out an exculsivity deal.

Was this really confirmed? The reason on record, to my knowledge, was QC issues.

Was this really confirmed? The reason on record, to my knowledge, was QC issues.

well those are rumors, it could of been a QC or it could of been what the rumors stated but the article does state why origin pc was mad at amd, supposedly it had to do with amd not telling origin pc about the new r9 series card ahead of release. 

It later came out in the wash that the split was due to a lack of communication on AMD’s part. For example, Origin wasn’t even made aware of AMD’s new Hawaii GPU launch in October of 2013. They heard about it via AMD’s live stream like the majority of consumers. Normally builders like Origin, Falcon Northwest, Maingear, and others are given plenty of advance playtime to tweak their systems to accommodate new graphics cards and plan a marketing strategy.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Pretty much they were butthurt and made a huge thing about it.