"Sprint fires back at T-Mobile's prices with new $60 Unlimited Plan"

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-fires-back-t-mobiles-prices-new-60-unlimited-plan

August 21, 2014 - It's a new day for unlimited data in the wireless industry as Sprint (NYSE: S) announces the best unlimited wireless plan available from a national carrier with the Sprint $60 Unlimited Plan. This plan provides consumers unlimited talk, text and data while on America's Newest Network for just $60 per month, a $20 savings compared to T-Mobile's $80 per month unlimited plan. Simple, easy, affordable – the Sprint $60 Unlimited Plan is available to both new and existing Sprint customers starting tomorrow, August 22. To qualify for the plan, customers must purchase their device through Sprint Easy Pay, pay full retail price or bring their own compatible device.

That is um...awesome. I'm not a fan of Sprint, and their network is super slow, but man, a $60 truly unlimited data plan? That may just pull me away from my current $30 T-Mobile plan. Looks like I'll be doing some research on the Sprint network before I may any kind of decision...

But despite Sprint having a slow network, I mean, unlimited data is unlimited data. It's fast enough, but no ideal.

Either way, do you think you'll switch to Sprint after hearing this news?

EDIT: Here's the plan: https://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/plan/plan_wall.jsp?tabId=plnTab6880001&flow=AAL&planFamilyType=null&INTNAV=ATG:HE:UnlimitedPlan

unlimited_content.png

COMIC SANS

Damn, if that's actually unlimited then that's a pretty good plan.

Wouldn't switch to them though. T-Mobile's speeds are amazing.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Nah, I'll stick with Verizon because the service is more reliable and the coverage is much bigger. 

O.o Seems interesting. @TopWargamer I might have as well do some research!

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I'm fine with T-Mobile.

I wonder if Verizon will be going back on their non-unlimited mindset and if AT&T will also get dragged in.

"Unlimited"..riiiiight. I'm assuming it will have the same useless 5-15GB data cap or so as other mobile carries these days.

Calling Sprint's network slow is like saying the sun is warm. It's a pretty massive understatement. This isn't a bad deal if you never want to use your phone to watch videos online or do anything "fancy" like video chat. You can email pretty well and it does alright streaming music, but don't expect much better. In a recent test by CNET Sprint's 4G download rate averaged out to a whopping 3.36MBPS. The next closest to them was Verizon with 32.94MBPS. It's not a conclusive test of every part of the networks but it still paints a not so pretty picture of how bad Sprint's network is. That has been my own experience with Sprint as well. I will not recommend Sprint to anyone that uses more than a little data, it is simply too painfully slow to be worth the money saved. If people really want a cheap unlimited everything plan, just go with Straight Talk.

I'd rather use T-mobile even though I'm in Canada.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

YAY, COMPETITION IS SOOO GOOD FOR CONSUMERS

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

Terrible service, terrible customer service, and slow speeds. I'm done with Sprint now, T-Mobile FTW!

Avid hater of Sprint fyi, had Sprint.

Project Restomod (In progress)

Only $60 a month, plus monthly fee for the phone. If Verizon let you bring in your own device, and cut the $40 per line fee than it would be $50 a month for fastest and most expansive 4G service, plus you would get unlimited calls texts and I believe 1 or 2GB of data with that. Sprint and Tmobile both have shitt coverage, but at least Tmobile tries to make their service cheaper, while Sprint is more expensive than AT&T and Verizon.

Only $60 a month, plus monthly fee for the phone. If Verizon let you bring in your own device, and cut the $40 per line fee than it would be $50 a month for fastest and most expansive 4G service, plus you would get unlimited calls texts and I believe 1 or 2GB of data with that. Sprint and Tmobile both have shitt coverage, but at least Tmobile tries to make their service cheaper, while Sprint is more expensive than AT&T and Verizon.

T-Mobile's unlimited plan is $80 plus the monthly cost of your phone. However, that comes with 5GB of tethering, and since T-Mobile is GSM, it's easier to BYOD. With Sprint, you pretty much need a Sprint phone. All 4 carriers have something in their favor now at least, where Sprint had nothing compelling up until now. T-Mobile's quick counter-offer with the referral offer definitely softens the impact, though.

"Unlimited"..riiiiight. I'm assuming it will have the same useless 5-15GB data cap or so as other mobile carries these days.

who needs more than 10gb for mobile?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I know for certain that T-Mobile's unlimited plan is real, and I'm pretty sure Sprint's is too.

T-Mobile's unlimited plan is $80 plus the monthly cost of your phone. However, that comes with 5GB of tethering, and since T-Mobile is GSM, it's easier to BYOD. With Sprint, you pretty much need a Sprint phone. All 4 carriers have something in their favor now at least, where Sprint had nothing compelling up until now. T-Mobile's quick counter-offer with the referral offer definitely softens the impact, though.

T Mobile's unlimited plan is useless when you consider how terrible their coverage is. They give you unlimited 3G data and vary the 4G data, since their 4g coverage is only in major cities and sucks everywhere else you will never need their unlimited plan as you won't exceed 5GB on 4G. Still, I would rather pay AT&T $65 a month for their unlimited call and text plan plus 2GB of data. That's including the monthly fee for the phone line.

T Mobile's unlimited plan is useless when you consider how terrible their coverage is. They give you unlimited 3G data and vary the 4G data, since their 4g coverage is only in major cities and sucks everywhere else you will never need their unlimited plan as you won't exceed 5GB on 4G. Still, I would rather pay AT&T $65 a month for their unlimited call and text plan plus 2GB of data. That's including the monthly fee for the phone line.

That depends entirely on how much you travel. It's useless for your needs, but only AT&T and Verizon meet your needs period, regardless of the plan. There are people who use far, far more than 5GB on T-Mobile. Don't assume that everyone has the same needs as you do. Besides, T-Mobile is actively improving rural LTE coverage, and LTE will replace EDGE completely by the end of next year.

How about a $25 unlimited plan? Anyone? Nobody?

Figures...

My plan is 25 unlimited*

5GB unlimited cap, after that I get whatever speeds we were on before high speed. 3G? HSPA? Whatever. 

I used to be worried, but on my busiest month I never crack a GB, so for me, its brilliant. 

My plan is 25 unlimited*

5GB unlimited cap, after that I get whatever speeds we were on before high speed. 3G? HSPA? Whatever. 

I used to be worried, but on my busiest month I never crack a GB, so for me, its brilliant. 

It's EDGE. HSPA and HSPA+ are considered high-speed.

Shows you how much I even know about network speeds. 

Shows you how much I even know about network speeds. 

To be fair, if HSPA were the speed they throttled to, unlimited would be a very tough sell. A lot of people can live with 3-7Mbps speeds. And slowing down to HSPA+ would be silly since that's practically the that as LTE download speed in a lot of areas.

That depends entirely on how much you travel. It's useless for your needs, but only AT&T and Verizon meet your needs period, regardless of the plan. There are people who use far, far more than 5GB on T-Mobile. Don't assume that everyone has the same needs as you do. Besides, T-Mobile is actively improving rural LTE coverage, and LTE will replace EDGE completely by the end of next year.

It has nothing to do with travel. Where I live there are no T-mobile 4G towers around, so the coverage here sucks. Verizon and AT&T still dominate in coverage and I don't think I would use any other unless they derive their coverage from either of those two carriers (like tracfone). $65 for an AT&T is pretty good compared to T-Mobile.

Terrible service, terrible customer service, and slow speeds. I'm done with Sprint now, T-Mobile FTW!

Avid hater of Sprint fyi, had Sprint.

I feel you bro. Sprint was always dropping my calls, and the data was sooooooo terribadly fucking slow. Now I use T-Mobile because their network is bigger and more reliable, unlike Verizon.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Not really. HSPA is considered 3G in my area.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D