Asus GTX780 DC2OC Died Today, How Do I RMA It? (UK)

So today I went to turn my PC on and the graphics card refuses to work, Both in my PC and another PC.

I have spent the last hour trying to find out where to return it to but can't find who I should contact..

It was purchased from Amazon at the beginning of this year - But if I log into amazon it says it's out of the return window.

I can't find where to return a GPU on the ASUS website either - It all seems to take me back to forms for Notebook RMA's and not graphics cards..

So my question is where do I go or contact about returning this to get it fixed or replaced? I know It's the graphics card causing it because the PC works fine with another GPU, Plus the 780 won't work in a different computer like I show below.

It was working fine last night when the PC was shut down, Then today when I turned the PC on the graphics card fans just spin super fast and nothing is displayed, There is a beep code though.

Here are some videos of what happens:

Sorry about the videos being in terrible quality and limited to 14 seconds each but they were shot using the Facebook messenger app...

When I turn the PC on the GPU fans just go full speed and nothing is displayed at first:

Direct Video Link

After about 15-20 seconds this beep code happens:

Direct Video Link

I tried the card in a different PCI-E slot, Still did the same thing:

Direct Video Link

I tried a 7200GS (First thing I had to hand) in my PC and took the 780 out, It worked first time and booted:

Direct Video Link

So I tried the 780 in another PC and it did the same thing, Super fast fans and no display or boot:

Direct Video Link

Specs in case anybody wants them, I have not overclocked anything ever they have all been kept at stock settings..

i7 3930K CPU @ Stock

Asus GTX780 DC2OC @ Stock

Gigabyte X79-UP4 Motherboard

16GB Avexir Core Series RAM

Corsair RM 850 PSU

Corsair H100i CPU Cooler

Thanks for any help,

Known As BlackOpsKillerCams / nphxboxlive - I Make Random Gaming YouTube Videos & LiveStream To My Twitch Channel For Fun.

I'm Not A "Xbox Fanboy", Just Couldn't Think Of A Gamertag When I Made This One Up (It's My Initials + XBL) :P PC Gaming FTW :D

Go to your Amazon order page and then find your Order and look at who sold it, you will need to contact them.

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

@nphxboxlive

We do not RMA in the UK like most of the forum users

Just contact the retailer and they will organise the Repair/replacement under warranty

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Go to your Amazon order page and then find your Order and look at who sold it, you will need to contact them.

@nphxboxlive

We do not RMA in the UK like most of the forum users

Just contact the retailer and they will organise the Repair/replacement under warranty

It was sold by Amazon, This is what it shows on the order page:

Amazon_780_Order.png

Known As BlackOpsKillerCams / nphxboxlive - I Make Random Gaming YouTube Videos & LiveStream To My Twitch Channel For Fun.

I'm Not A "Xbox Fanboy", Just Couldn't Think Of A Gamertag When I Made This One Up (It's My Initials + XBL) :P PC Gaming FTW :D

-----> http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/returns/homepage.html     :)

Also look at their Return policy:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=orc_hp_s_retpol?ie=UTF8&nodeId=901888# 

Illd Recomend Emailing them and finding out what you can do, since its nearly been a year. Do you know if your product had like 1 year Warrenty etc when you brought it?

It was sold by Amazon, This is what it shows on the order page:

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

-----> http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/returns/homepage.html     :)

Also look at their Return policy:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=orc_hp_s_retpol?ie=UTF8&nodeId=901888# 

Illd Recomend Emailing them and finding out what you can do, since its nearly been a year. Do you know if your product had like 1 year Warrenty etc when you brought it?

I went to the top link and it takes me back to the same page as I put a screenshot of above :(

Most of the options for returns on amazon seem to send be back to the same place.

I think I'm gonna have to call them or email them about it.

I've had really good response with amazon when calling them, if you get a good caller to answer you then do it that way :) You can always ask them to call you back too :3 (Same you the bill on mobile charges :D )

I went to the top link and it takes me back to the same page as I put a screenshot of above :(

Most of the options for returns on amazon seem to send be back to the same place.

I think I'm gonna have to call them or email them about it.

I thought I would post an update to this thread since it's been a few days now and I have finally got somewhere.. Just to let people know where I am up to in case anybody else has to go through this.

I ended up calling Asus since Amazon's returns sections kept pointing me to "Contact the manufacturer".. The phone number on Amazon for Asus was apparently an old number, When you call it there is a message saying they have moved to a new number that is standard rates and included in minutes provided by my mobile network operator. I thought this was great so noted down the number and called that up instead as I get thousands of voice minutes included on my contract.
The same recorded message played again.. Then after that finished there was a list of options read out by a recorded message that you could hardly hear even with the phone on full volume speaker.
There was an option for components so I selected that and then there was nothing to do with graphics cards in that sub menu.. I went back and tried a few other menu options and none of them had anything for graphics cards under them.
The closest thing to graphics card was 'motherboards' of all the options so I selected this only to hear another recorded message that said to email them for support.. At this point I was not very happy. :mellow:

So I headed over to there website support section and tried to send them an email, When I eventually found somewhere I could contact them that didn't say it was for notebooks I selected my graphics card from my list of registered products as I had registered it with them when I got it. This filled in all the model/make/serial numbers etc. automatically but then it asked me for all kinds of crazy details including my hard drive specs and memory specs etc.. I filled some of them out and just put in most of the others "N/A". I don't see why they don't just have an option to send a email about a graphics card fault...

Once I had all the "Required" fields filled out I put this message in to briefly describe my problem and ask what I had to do regards returning my 780:

Hi,
Yesterday when I came to turn my PC on it would not boot and the fans on my graphics card just spin at full speed, I tried my PC with another graphics card and it worked fine.
Next thing I did was test my GTX780 in another computer and it did the same thing, Full speed fans and no display or boot.

I purchased the card from Amazon and have spent most of yesterday trying to find out where I need to contact about getting the card replaced or repaired.
Amazon says they do not accept returns for it after 30 days and I should contact the manufacturer.
I just spent 20 minutes on your phone support and got nowhere as there are no options for graphics cards and when I tried to get through to somebody by selecting motherboards it just said to email you..

The card was functioning fine the day before but when I came to turn my computer on the next day it has just stopped working.
It has never been overclocked or modified in any way.
Could you please tell me what I need to do in order to get this repaired or replaced.

The card serial number is '[XXXXXXXXXXX]'.
Thanks, Nathan.

I sent the email out and waited for a reply..

Three days later I received an email back from Asus support saying the following:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is john and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

In this situation, could you find your retailer? If yes, first try to have a further check with your vendor.
As the local RMA chain is:
Customer – Retailer – Distributor - Asus
Usually, the retailer would provide the RMA for you, if they refuse, you can call the local legal number [XXXXX XX XX XX] for further assistance.

Welcome to refer Troubleshooting & FAQ for ASUS products in ASUS website:
http://support.asus.com/servicehome.aspx?SLanguage=en

If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

An email survey will be sent to you within the next 5 days. Please be sure to rate the service I provided to you today.

Best Regards,
John
ASUS Product Support Team

This was helpful as I now knew I had to contact Amazon to return it.

So I got Amazon support to call me and explained the situation to them, I also read out the email I had received from Asus to the Amazon support lady and she asked for the ID number that I had been given when contacting Asus support.
I then got placed on hold for a while and she went off to check on it, About 3-5 minutes later she returned and said she would try to issue a replacement to me and that I would have to return the non-working card (Obviously) and would be emailed an returns label. I was then placed on hold for a few more minutes while she confirmed everything "as this was a expensive item" and then came back to tell me she was going to attempt to send through for a replacement now and I would receive an email with returns label shortly to my email address, She wished me a nice day and said goodbye.

About 10 minutes later I received a call back from the Amazon support lady, Saying that they had none available that they could issue me a replacement with but she could give me a refund if that was ok.. Being the only option I chose that and now have been emailed a prepaid royal mail 48H returns address label to print out and stick on the package and also a barcode to print out that says to include it inside the package.
The Amazon email also says I should have the money refunded / back into my account in 2-3 days after they receive the card back.

I really hope I get my refund soon as I need to get another 780 ordered!
I miss running everything maxed, Without FPS lag & In three screen surround :unsure:

I'm going to make a topic shortly asking who has the best support and what GTX780 people think is the best, I'll add a link here to it in case anybody wants to browse that or comment on it too :)

I will also update this topic with what happens in the next few days & when I get my money back.
Thanks for your help guys so far, I really appreciate it! :D

• 2 weeks later...

EVGA have the best customer support. Period. Nothing but good things from them. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III