SAMSUNG 840EVO vs OCZ Vertex 460

BarisERY

Im going to be picking 2x 120GB SSD's i may RAİD0 them or use one for OS and really important stuff and back it up everyday and use the other one for games.I havent decided yet if you can help me decide, well all help is appreciateted, but the real question i have is which one of these SSD's to pick up? they are the same price(EDİT:Vertex is 10$ more) and i know 840EVO is a little bit faster but i love how the Vertex460 looks and i use a H440 so they are in the open and it is easy to see them so i want it to look good too, i am just not sure if i should sacriface the performance diffrence and 20$s for the good looks :D

Im going to be picking 2x 120GB SSD's i may RAİD0 them or use one for OS and really important stuff and back it up everyday and use the other one for games.I havent decided yet if you can help me decide, well all help is appreciateted, but the real question i have is which one of these SSD's to pick up? they are the same price(EDİT:Vertex is 10$ more) and i know 840EVO is a little bit faster but i love how the Vertex460 looks and i use a H440 so they are in the open and it is easy to see them so i want it to look good too, i am just not sure if i should sacriface the performance diffrence and 20$s for the good looks :D

Evo for sure

Personally I would get 2x mx100s for raid 0

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

vertex because evo drives have terrible write cycles (they die faster.)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

vertex because evo drives have terrible write cycles (they die faster.)

Its not like one can ever destroy EVO with normal workload.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

just saying the extra 10$ is well worth it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Actually in RAID 0 the mtbf reduces quite a bit so... Still it will be hard to destroy the Drive but not as hard i guess :P

Actually in RAID 0 the mtbf reduces quite a bit so... Still it will be hard to destroy the Drive but not as hard i guess :P

MTBF has nothing to do with reliability.

@BarisERY 840 EVO is really not optimal for RAID because of the tricks it uses to achieve its speed. Wither go with a higher end drive like the 840 Pro or 850 Pro or something will a marvell controller MX100 or M550.

MTBF has nothing to do with reliability.

It does but generally only in a enterprise environment.

MTBF is just mean time before faulire and nothing else.

A drive with million MTFB just means, that million drives were tested at once and only one died in that hour.

Pretty much a shit way to determine actual reliability of the drive.

MTBF is just mean time before faulire and nothing else.

A drive with million MTFB just means, that million drives were tested at once and only one died in that hour.

Pretty much a shit way to determine actual reliability of the drive.

Its mean time between failures, not before. That is a important distinction and why it really only applies to an enterprise environment. For consumers its basically meaningless, well other than a higher one is better and will likely be a better built device than the same type of device with lower one.

Its mean time between failures, not before. That is a important distinction and why it really only applies to an enterprise environment.

Silly me, ofcourse its between :)

@BarisERY 840 EVO is really not optimal for RAID because of the tricks it uses to achieve its speed. Wither go with a higher end drive like the 840 Pro or 850 Pro or something will a marvell controller MX100 or M550.

How much diffrence would it make to RAİD 0 128GB 840 PRO's instead 120GB Vertex 460's?

EVO.

How much diffrence would it make to RAİD 0 128GB 840 PRO's instead 120GB Vertex 460's?

Next to none. But it's already fast enough that you wouldn't really benefit from doing RAID 0.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Why not just buy 256/512GB mx100 and call it a day :P

None of those drives in raid0 really. In this generation ~120GB takes a huge performance hit even over the ~240GB. Only on I would consider of newer drive for that size would be the 850 Pro. Your probably better off just getting a single drive because two of those are ~$260.

Why not just buy 256/512GB mx100 and call it a day :P

m550 maybe for a bit of a step up. There is always sandisk as well.