Looks like MS might be getting a clue as far as PC gaming.

deathjester

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/21/microsoft-job-listing-says-nice-things-about-pc-gaming-isnt-clear-if-it-means-them/

Posted a new job listing and here are some things it said.

"51% of all time spent gaming is on PCs - more than on consoles and mobile devices combined," states the listing. "PC gaming itself is projected to make $25 Billion in 2014, growing 13% year over year. Across the Windows platform, including phones, tablets, and PCs, Microsoft is uniquely positioned to change the world of gaming."

"You are the epicenter of the mobile and PC games strategy," it states, "bringing together teams across Microsoft and the field to drive flawless execution, in addition to integrating deeply with the Xbox team."

Bolded the part I found interesting for the job posting.  What I would like to see is MS making the Xbox a streaming device as well as stand alone console and share the Xbox game library (much like Steam in home streaming). Basically I want to see innovation and money spent by MS on PC gaming to justify the OS cost and the API. 

Of course seeing DirectX die all together would prob be nicer. MS has so much money though, I don't see it ever happening completely, especially if they bring pack peoples start bar (people are easily amused). If we are going to be forced to pay for a OS and an API upgrade, maybe they will give us the game library. We will see. It could also be dumb tablet games from their Apple*cough* I mean MS store, and just more hot air from MS. Wouldn't be the first time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=88868188#post88868188

Now MS also recently had a job listing where they are hiring to design new Xbox "hardware" so I don't think they are getting out of the console business whatsoever, no matter how badly the Xbox One does, but perhaps they could integrate them and stop giving PC gamers the middle finger.

https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=143885&jlang=EN

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Microsoft "cares" about PC Gaming.

639_tommy-lee-jones-serious.gif

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

We have to make Linux the number one gaming platform  :D Then we get rid of Microsoft screwing up operating systems (although I personally like Windows 8.1 very much, more than Windows 7)

They don't care because they can't control their own platform. WHen they try to control their platform they f*ck it up like they did with GFWL and Windows 8, Windows 9 will most likely be another screw up or Microsoft trying to close off their platform further to solidify their control over their OS. Which is fine because we have Linux which is getting more attention every year from devs.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

We have to make Linux the number one gaming platform  :D Then we get rid of Microsoft screwing up operating systems (although I personally like Windows 8.1 very much, more than Windows 7)

I think I have been pretty clear on my stance about DirectX and MS. Not a fan. Please do me a favor though and look at stocks of these big companies since the big market crash this decade.

Look at Ubisoft, EA, Sony. Then look at MS. MS is about the only company who recovered to what they were before and I would say we have seen the worst MS products ever the last few years. Doesn't matter. They are still making insane money and aren't going anywhere. 

People who hated Win 8? Welp MS got money from the OEM and then MORE money from them going to Win 7. Then they will get money from 9...

Even when they f up? They win lol. Their console sucks? People go to PC and PC is thriving. Oh I still want to see Linux gaming thrive and grow and I think it will. Direct X dying? Pipe dream for us I think. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

Hehe. Well MS has promised a lot in the past (included it from Neogaf in original post). We will see.  :D

Could just be more dumb tablet games. Who knows maybe their next console will just be a full blown Windows Install that has the option to boot to a "big picture mode". 

They don't care because they can't control their own platform. WHen they try to control their platform they f*ck it up like they did with GFWL and Windows 8, Windows 9 will most likely be another screw up or Microsoft trying to close off their platform further to solidify their control over their OS. Which is fine because we have Linux which is getting more attention every year from devs.

Aaand Linux still sucks... grim times awaits us.

Hehe. Well MS has promised a lot in the past (included it from Neogaf in original post). We will see.  :D

Could just be more dumb tablet games. Who knows maybe their next console will just be a full blown Windows Install that has the option to boot to a "big picture mode". 

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

Yes.....again

Yeah, I don't think so remember this little beauty that now has earned a permanent place in my bookmarks:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=88868188

It is is my original post. :)

The author on Neogaf forgot the fear campaign of OpenGL running bad on Vista though. He also missed all the with held DirectX's. 

Hell I don't even know how many there are now. 11.1 was withheld from 7 on 8? Then 11.2 on 8.1. We are FINALLY getting DX 11 titles...Hooray for splitting up your own API MS. I don't have much faith in MS either and their track record is laughable. We will see. Better than other people posting it on this forum, with one sided MS fanboyism. 

Their post would probably be titled "MS continuing to do wonderful things for PC Gaming and about to invest in it heavily".

This could be tablet games, it could be another gated pay service like Games for Windows was initially with a yearly fee. It could be DX 12 exclusivity on Windows 9 with DRM/services as crappy as GFWL. It could be all of those things with additional crappy things I can't even imagine.

Aaand Linux still sucks... grim times awaits us.

Yea it still sucks but it's getting better every update unlike Windows which is getting worse ever since W7.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Yea it still sucks but it's getting better every update unlike Windows which is getting worse ever since W7.

Well thats where the problem is windows is better now than ever,the only problem was the win8 launch and start menu drama, the 8.1 fixed it long time ago.

Last time i tried ubuntu latest version not too long ago i tought im gonna punch the screen,the lack of driver support is just stupid the number 1 reason why it sucks and never gonna have proper drivers.

Well thats where the problem is windows is better now than ever,the only problem was the win8 launch and start menu drama, the 8.1 fixed it long time ago.

Last time i tried ubuntu latest version not too long ago i tought im gonna punch the screen,the lack of driver support is just stupid the number 1 reason why it sucks and never gonna have proper drivers.

Yea also the flat design is not a popular with anyone. Aero was a really nice look, if they took Aero and made it more efficient and look even nicer that would have been really nice but no they went and created something that could have been designed from the XP era. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

That's what i am talking about!!!!

LINUX must be N 1 gaming platform. Steam OS will take care of it!   That's why i love VALVE. i have STEAM on my UBUNTU 14.04 i have left 4 dead 2 and pixel hunter. I want many games to be on linux. 

soon PROJECT CARS will be on linux!!!!!!!   come on developers you know what to do.  Linux is better in every aspect then windows.     my ubuntu 14.04 blows windows 8.1 out of the water in speed, security, customization, stability and etc

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

SUUUUUUUUURE....

"Microsoft actually cares about PC gaming" is the biggest BS I've heard today.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

We have to make Linux the number one gaming platform  :D

Thats is the only reason i like Mantle. I rly hope it gets available for Linux soon

Damnit, for some reason there isn't a single clip on youtube of officer barbrady saying "move along people nothing to see here"

Even if it's half-true, I've had enough of it. We need something new, something refreshing - something that shows that someone cares.

Bring it on Valve with SteamOS and AMD bring Mantle to Linux so game ports from consoles and Windows can come faster

Even if it's half-true, I've had enough of it. We need something new, something refreshing - something that shows that someone cares.

Bring it on Valve with SteamOS and AMD bring Mantle to Linux so game ports from consoles and Windows can come faster

Faster?

......um, no? Mantle barely supports anything last I checked, and everything else is just "on the way"

Faster?

......um, no? Mantle barely supports anything last I checked, and everything else is just "on the way"

I would hardly call this "barely any support" for Mantle.

http://videocardz.com/51018/exclusive-upcoming-games-support-mantle

I would hardly call this "barely any support" for Mantle.

http://videocardz.com/51018/exclusive-upcoming-games-support-mantle

Meh, as I said it had been a while since I checked.

I'll still go with Nvidia anyways

Edit: Also thats 4 games released (or engines anyways), with alot of "confirmed"'s, which doesn't really matter because nothing is confirmed until its actually released, and just more "upcoming/unconfirmed"

So its about the same state that it seemed a year ago when I was running just mantle and my APU (before I got my gtx660) Whereas with my Nvidia Geforce experience theres 2 maybe 3 games I have that arent supported (out of like 20 games, not alot I know, but I only just recently returned home to PC from console so it will take me a while to build up my library)