What do you want first?

Syntaxvgm

I want to write a few guides for LTT, but I don't have a lot of spare time. I would like to make full guides with pictures.
I will eventually do all of these, but I was wondering what you'd like to see first.

Options-
1. How to migrate a windows licence from one computer to another. This will include finding they key, and deactivating the old copy. Really useful, especially for major hardware upgrades or replacement pcs, or if you just want a fresh install on an OEM machine which you don't have the key for.

2. How to use run a virtual mahcine of an OS on a hard disk. IE Run your windows partition from linux or the opposite. Similar to Parallels for Mac, but with the freeware virtualbox. Great for those wanting to try linux, but still would like to have seamless access to their windows installation.

3. How to crack or strip almost any Bios password on laptops. A lot of laptops still keep the Bios password even after removing the CMOS battery. There are other methods less commonly known. I own several laptops I could use as an example.

4. Getting crossfire to preform right. (Just a few tips)

5. Get asked for help fixing crap and junk all of the time? Want to be ready for computer problems anywhere? An easy guide for making USB repair tools for the keychain. Includes debugging, password stripping, windows install discs, and the obvious stuff like malicious software removal and a live boot linux distro, ect. Always be ready! Every good IT guy has his own USB rescue key, and so should you.

Edit- I'm certainly doing #1 this weekend. #5 will take longer, but will be the next after #1

EDIT
#1 is up!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/181501-retrieving-your-windows-keyhow-deactivate-a-computer/

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

What I want is not listed.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

What I want is not listed.

Well what do you want?

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

In order : 1-5-3 please :)

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

I want to write a few guides for LTT, but I don't have a lot of spare time. I would like to make full guides with pictures.I will eventually do all of these, but I was wondering what you'd like to see first.Options-1. How to migrate a windows licence from one computer to another. This will include finding they key, and deactivating the old copy. Really useful, especially for major hardware upgrades or replacement pcs.2. How to use run a virtual mahcine of an OS on a hard disk. IE Run your windows partition from linux or the opposite. Similar to Parallels for Mac, but with the freeware virtualbox. Great for those wanting to try linux, but still would like to have seamless access to their windows installation.3. How to crack or strip almost any Bios password on laptops. A lot of laptops still keep the Bios password even after removing the CMOS battery. There are other methods less commonly known. I own several laptops I could use as an example.4. Getting crossfire to preform right. (Just a few tips)5. Get asked for help fixing crap and junk all of the time? Want to be ready for computer problems anywhere? An easy guide for making USB repair tools for the keychain. Includes debugging, password stripping, windows install discs, and the obvious stuff like malicious software removal and a live boot linux distro, ect. Always be ready! Every good IT guy has his own USB rescue key, and so should you.

Number 1 sounds awesome, i have windows 7 on my laptop, be cool to transfer it to my future rig

1 and 5 are really popular so far.

muh specs 

All parts black

1 :D would really help for a lot of common situations imo :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

5 would be interesting!

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Really surprised so many people want 5. Kinda added that as an after thought.  :D

muh specs 

All parts black

1 and 5 please. 

Thanks! :)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

1 is good to make a guide because its something you rarely have to do, so its hard to remember.

5 seems the most useful. would be very grateful to see a complete guide of all the resources and how to use it

Well I'm definitely doing 1 and 5  so far. 1 withing a week or so. 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 and five please in no particular order

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

muh specs 

All parts black

I choose 5 because its the most usefull for all of us in the community ^_^

I choose 5 because its the most usefull for all of us in the community ^_^

I'll be doing it as soon as I can. hopefully this week. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I'll be doing it as soon as I can. hopefully this week. 

Are you going to post it here or ???

Let us know because I want to follow this topic

Are you going to post it here or ???

Let us know because I want to follow this topic

I will post it in guide and tutorials where I posted the other, but I will reply here when I finish it. Not been having a good few months, and my time is not the freest, that's why i made this topic. #5 will take a lot more preparation as there's a lot I want to cover, but I will finish it as soon as I can.

muh specs 

All parts black