Crazy Russians want to build Tesla's Wardenclyffe Tower

Victorious Secret

tesla-tower.jpg

For those who don't know what it is, a Wardenclyffe Tower is basically wireless power transmission. Tesla was a mad genius, so maybe in conjunction with equally mad genius Russians it would work. Who knows, in either event its exciting that Tesla's work from all those years ago is still confusing and still so interesting and relevant to things today.

As their Indiegogo page notes: “Nikola Tesla had left us a very detailed description of the design of his Magnifying Transmitter System and the physical principles of its operation. We are a group of modern-day physicists, trained in many areas related to the operation of his Worldwide Energy System. We’ve conducted a thorough scientific expertise of his works and came to the conclusion that Tesla was on the right track.”

The principle behind the current design is that we already have an unlimited source for all the energy we could need – the sun. A 100,000 square kilometer solar array in a nice, sunny desert somewhere could provide for all our global power needs. The problem lies in distributing that power, as current systems leak so much energy.

http://higherperspective.com/2014/07/russian-physicists-launch-campaign-rebuild-teslas-wardenclyffe-tower-power-world.html?utm_source=HP

I don't think autism qualifies as madness.

I don't think autism qualifies as madness.

not like it matters. If they can get this working and catch on with the rest of the world. Not only do we get wireless power anywhere and everywhere (basically), but also free electricity as you can't put a meter on it (one of the reasons why Tesla's backers pulled back from it and the project was never completed)

not like it matters. If they can get this working and catch on with the rest of the world. Not only do we get wireless power anywhere and everywhere (basically), but also free electricity as you can't put a meter on it (one of the reasons why Tesla's backers pulled back from it and the project was never completed)

I wasn't slating the project, I made the comment because OP described Tesla as 'mad' when in fact he suffered from autism which I don't consider to be the same.

I wasn't slating the project, I made the comment because OP described Tesla as 'mad' when in fact he suffered from autism which I don't consider to be the same.

You always have to be that guy in each thread taking things seriously don't you? 

Tesla was known to work on the cutting edge and always do things most people flat out thought impossible, insane or both. Hence mad. Mad scientist. 

Jesus, don't be so serious about things, eh? 

You always have to be that guy in each thread taking things seriously don't you? 

Tesla was known to work on the cutting edge and always do things most people flat out thought impossible, insane or both. Hence mad. Mad scientist. 

Jesus, don't be so serious about things, eh? 

Always is a huge overstatement, my comments are generally jovial.

well i mean we can already transfer power wirelessly, it's just awful over long distances.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

well i mean we can already transfer power wirelessly, it's just awful over long distances.

This also ties into using the Earth's crust itself as a means of transferring/harnessing that electrical potential. 

Which would be bloody brilliant if they got it to work. 

Power no matter where you are + wireless broadcast of that power? 

Its like the future. With or without killer radiation poisoning. 

Totally agree. Add to that who wrote that Tesla was "mad". It wasn't Mark Twain. Could it be that he was slandered due to what he proposed by the people who stood to lose a ton of money? 

Tesla was a pacifist. He has "quotes" that don't seem to agree with other quotes and which could be BS.Tesla gave up patents, money so that AC power was adopted. Being a true philanthropist and a pacifist doesn't make one "mad"...

Want to see "mad"? Edison had that covered. We KNOW what he did to try to discredit Tesla. We have little to no audio or video of Tesla. We do have propaganda showing Tesla as a "mad scientist" and a villain though as far back as 1941.

In 1941, the first of Max Fleischer's Superman cartoons depicted Superman fighting a mad scientist named Tesla. They are now in the public domain and can be viewed in various locations, including the Internet Archive.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Best of luck to them .

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Wait, a giant solar panel array? I don't think Tesla said anything about that. 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Inb4 putin turns it into a giant tesla coil and Red Alert 2 becomes an actual thing 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I wonder what they would do with the energy leakage problem...well, would be real interesting to see if they get it to work. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

We have little to no audio or video of Tesla. We do have propaganda showing Tesla as a "mad scientist" and a villain though as far back as 1941.

I wonder how many scientists/inventors working in the field of energy have had potentially revolutionary technology surpressed due to the oil industry alone.

I wonder how many scientists/inventors working in the field of energy have had potentially revolutionary technology surpressed due to the oil industry alone.

Rockefeller failed in suppressing the electrical industry when J. P. Morgan pretty much stole Tesla's patents from Westinghouse using intimidation tactics. J. P. Morgan went on to back and develop General Electric due to it. Tesla's new inventions got suppressed due to underfunding and economic downturns. J. P. Morgan refused to fund Tesla's work on the Wardenclyffe Tower after pouring  $150,000 (about 3.6 million in 2014 Dollars) as the original agreement was to provide that much and no more. His patents also expired and thus royalties and whatnot no longer apply. Also where are people getting that this thing provides free energy, all it does is transmit energy and in fact uses a 200 kW industrial generator to power the thing. Conspiracy theorist always quote the fact that it was gonna be powered by radiant energy and transmit that energy; it's no different from a solar farm attached directly to the power grid.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

You do realise that the english language has evolved to the point where we can use negative terms as compliments, right?

Saying Tesla is a mad scientist is semantically wrong, but that intention was to depict him as being at the forfront of science, not mental.

People take words for their literal meaning far too often

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

You do realise that the english language has evolved to the point where we can use negative terms as compliments, right?

Saying Tesla is a mad scientist is semantically wrong, but that intention was to depict him as being at the forfront of science, not mental.

I think Askew was also taking into account how he was actually treated, talked about etc etc.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Thank you.

Too much political correctness and white knighting on the internet these days. I'm sure Tesla would thank askew for his defence of his character and how he wasn't actually mad in the mental sense, but probably still mad in his methods and desire to science very hard.

FFS, there are people in my own lab we refer to as mad. They don't get upset and explain how they aren't crazy. They take the compliment and realize w mean they are working pretty hard and going down avenues most of us probably would never consider or have the capacity to follow through with.

But like I said, there's always that one guy who just has to be needlessly serious and fails to truly grasp the context and intentions of the words and takes them literally.