Intel Octo-Core Haswell E $999 (Rumour)

ShadowCaptain

I have not seen this posted anywhere, so let me know if it is already been posted

Apparently Intel might be releasing an Octo Core line up of processors and some new 6 core Haswell E 

i7-4960X-610x346.jpg

"The top octo-core Haswell-E chip, the Core i7 5960X, will come in at a wallet-busting $999, in line with the way Intel have previously priced their Extreme Edition processors.

The other two Haswell-E chips are going to be missing those two extra cores, but that still means we’ll get six-core Intel Extreme CPUs for a much more reasonable price. The $500 i7 5930K is still ridiculously pricey for a single slice of silicon, but there's more.

The Core i7 5820K could be the most interesting of the bunch. Rumours are that this hex-core CPU will be rocking the same hefty 15MB cache as the $500 part, but with slightly lower clockspeeds—somewhere around the 3.3GHz mark. Because of that ‘K’ we can expect it to be unlocked, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see this $350 chip overclocking well."

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/04/octo-core-intel-chips-incoming-this-autumn/

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have not seen this posted anywhere, so let me know if it is already been posted

Apparently Intel might be releasing an Octo Core line up of processors and some new 6 core Haswell E 

"The top octo-core Haswell-E chip, the Core i7 5960X, will come in at a wallet-busting $999, in line with the way Intel have previously priced their Extreme Edition processors.

The other two Haswell-E chips are going to be missing those two extra cores, but that still means we’ll get six-core Intel Extreme CPUs for a much more reasonable price. The $500 i7 5930K is still ridiculously pricey for a single slice of silicon, but there's more.

The Core i7 5820K could be the most interesting of the bunch. Rumours are that this hex-core CPU will be rocking the same hefty 15MB cache as the $500 part, but with slightly lower clockspeeds—somewhere around the 3.3GHz mark. Because of that ‘K’ we can expect it to be unlocked, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see this $350 chip overclocking well."

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/04/octo-core-intel-chips-incoming-this-autumn/

You have not seen it posted anywhere?

There are probably 100 posts about the 5960x. 

Doesn't matter though, I love reading anything about the X99.

Not sure how the 8 core will fair with most modern programs, though the six cores sometimes aren't optimized for all the 6 cores. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

If its true, about damn time. We have had 6 core flagship cards since first gen i7s. If not then hurry up intel.

If this is true, AMD might be in trouble in more trouble.

Edited by BonBon Scott

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

You have not seen it posted anywhere?

WAT?

There are probably 100 posts about the 5960x. 

No I havn't actually haha, I have not seen a dedicated thread to them... that article was only posted earlier today

As I say, if its already known then I will get a mod to delete the thread, News to me though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If only I had $3,500 to have this with a beast setup. I would love to dip my fingers into X99. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

If this is true, AMD might be in trouble.

In what way? It's not like they're competing in the same market now.

AMD has been in trouble ever since phenom II:/

No I havn't actually haha, I have not seen a dedicated thread to them... that article was only posted earlier today

As I say, if its already known then I will get a mod to delete the thread, News to me though

I actually just did a search and couldn't find anything on either X99 or 5960x. Even though I know there has been many posts about it. 

Disregard what I said. 

Sorry!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

In what way? It's not like they're competing in the same market now.

AMD has been in trouble ever since phenom II:/

Yup, though it would be nice if Intel had some competition. If they had, they would of probably released a 8 core last year. 

If this is true, AMD might be in trouble.

Not really. Their 8-core FX series chips can barely even compete with a modest quad core i5.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

All "X" Extreme Intel CPU have been released at $999 in the past ~ it isn't much of a surprise.

If people needed 8+ cores before then they would have gotten server CPUs.

And pay x2 the price?

I hate to say it, but playing games with a 8 core Xeon? People will play games with a 4960x

I'm hoping that in the i7 6000 series the extreme editions (6960X and 6930K) will both be 8-core and the 6770K, 6670K etc. will be 6-core.

I'm hoping that in the i7 6000 series the extreme editions (6960X and 6930K) will both be 8-core and the 6770K, 6670K etc. will be 6-core.

i dream of that too.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

If only I had $3,500 to have this with a beast setup. I would love to dip my fingers into X99. 

I have but in sweden it is still not enough unless you don't wan't A GPU:D!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

If people needed 8+ cores before then they would have gotten server CPUs.

Server CPUs come with server motherboards and ECC memory, Stuff most consumers especially gamers won't want.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Exactly. People that need 8+ cores would be people doing serious work which is not what general consumers or gamers do.

Nah, plenty of gamers want more CPU power. Streaming, encoding, rendering, hosting Minecraft servers while they do something else, plenty of reasons a gamer would want extra cores.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

This CPU just cant come fast enough. Money is just burning in my wallet for this CPU to come to the market.

" Gaderade Me Bitch "- Jesse Pinkmen :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

All the cores, all the cache, all teh jiggahurts!

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Those activities you listed are not actually "gaming". 

Sure they are, by extension. A huge percentage of gamers stream and make gaming videos. They are reasons gamers want strong CPUs. You said gamers wouldn't need 8 cores, and I'm telling you you're wrong.

gam·er

ˈgāmər/

noun

a person who plays a game or games, typically a participant in a computer or role-playing game.

What you listed are not gaming. A person who only plays games would not need a 8 core Extreme even with 4 x 780Ti.

Semantics. 'Gamers' is a demographic who would want a computer for everything they do. If a gamer starts streaming or making videos or host a game server they don't stop being a gamer. You're being silly.

A "gamer" by definition in our context would be every person out of 7+ billion people on Earth who currently plays any game on a PC. Compared to the people who stream and makes gaming videos is not "A huge percentage". If I'm wrong that gamers need 8 cores and gamers are a demographic, then by your logic every gamer needs 8 cores.

Jeez what a damn c*nt...many people enjoy playing games while they have other demanding tasks running in the background without hindering in-game performance. A gamer is anyone who plays video games, and many gamers like to do parallel multitasking, what's so hard for you to understand?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Wholly Geezballz guys stop arguing in extremes! [haswell-extremes? ;) ]. Some gamers have use for lots of cores. Some don't need more than their old smartphone.

being a "gamer" doesn't automatically mean you don't need more power in your computer, and it doesn't automatically mean you do.

Some "gamers" stream and video edit and audio edit and render and other things with their computer, they'd LOVE an 8core processor. "Oh wait they are a gamer, they don't need 8 cores.. psh.."
Some "gamers" don't stream, don't edit video, don't render, or do anything other than games, they clearly don't need an 8core processor. "Oh wait, they are a gamer, games will soon use all the cores! they need it!"

I'm not going to call you guys idiots, but.. being a gamer has nothing to do with your computing power needs. it has to do with the quality of gaming you prefer, and other uses for the computer.

Besides, this is x99, a workstation and enthusiast oriented platform. Is it badass for gaming? YES! but are PC gamers (likely more specifically males between the ages of 15-25ish) the target demographic for this chipset? NO.