Naughty Dog developer says Last of Us 1080p at 60FPS is a "transformative experience”

Tigerbomb8

The Last of Us debuted right at the end of the last generation of consoles, giving the Playstation 3 one last must have exclusive. Now Naughty Dog is bringing the game over to the PS4 and according to the developer, playing the game at 1080p and 60 frames per second is a “transformative experience”. - Kitguru

Played some #TLOU at 60 fps tonight for the first time (60fps cutscenes and all). Transformative. I'm a believer. Don't think I can go back. - Kurt Margenau

the-last-of-us-could-get-sequels-but-the

Source: http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/the-last-of-us-ps4-is-a-transformative-experience/

Ubisoft.. You could learn alot from Naughty dog..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

One would think "finally some common fucking sense from a console dev" but then again, it's fairly easy to do with previous generation software, Halo "buy all the shit you own already again" edition on the xbone will be 60fps 1080p as well.

-------

Current Rig

-------

One would think "finally some common fucking sense from a console dev" but then again, it's fairly easy to do with previous generation software, Halo "buy all the shit you own already again" edition on the xbone will be 60fps 1080p as well.

It will all be forgiven if its put on PC though :P ples microsoft ples :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

I really liked this game on PS3, Would buy again for PC if they would release it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

and then theres us, playing on 90fps :D

keep up consoles, keep up

totally buying this for my ps4 btw.

Fat chance: Sony will hold on to that franchise like dear life so I would forget about that.

EDIT: Wait you're talking about that Halo repack, so change Sony for MS and it still applies though.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Why? It is nothing more than a slightly interactive movie.. Just watch it on youtube.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

lol, they look stupid saying that, always is going to be excellent 1080p 60fps, and since when was like that lol, they look saying that, like is the first time experienced that XDD

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

It's funny how when console developers are marketing a 60fps 1080p game that's all they'll talk about, yet when it's a 30fps sub 1080p game, then that's all it ever needs to be.

Why? It is nothing more than a slightly interactive movie.. Just watch it on youtube.. 

im talking about the halo repack 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

And I'm just here being able to choose 4k or 1080p only issue is the lack of new GPUs!

This guy gets it...

Jak_in_Jak_II_render.png

YES YES 1000x YES!

Naughty dog is by far my favorite game dev. 

Jak and daxter, particularly jak 2, was miles above what any other game could accomplish performance and open world wise on the ps2. Not even gta  near compares to the coding black magic fuckery they used in Jak 2. 

They even hijacked the PS1 cpu on the ps2 consoles for backwards compatibility in order to use it for performance improvements. They did everything in their power to squeeze power from the ps2

This is why their games look so good and run so well- they really know what optimization means, and they are the best at it. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

But... but... What about the cinematic experience!? Won't it be ruined? That "soap opera" effect must be horrible! (end of sarcasm)

But I thought Resolution was just a number? and didn't have an impact on the gaming experience. 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Need a PS4...like... NOW

One of my favourite games now with none shitty graphics, I must have this!!

Also Naughty Dog really are an amazing developer, they always push the platform as hard as possible, way to go them

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Okay...

"Money. Money... give me your money. Money.. money, give me all your money.. Please, money money money" .. Basically what the devs say.. 

lol...

but yeahhhh.. 60fps 1080p on the PS4.. what a nice innovation ! :)))... but I don't expect it to stay 60fps constantly?.. or.. will it.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.