Apple confirms aquisition of Beats by dre

AlexGoesHigh

http://theverge.com/2014/5/28/5700530/apple-confirms-beats-acquisition

LET THE MONEY DO ALL THE TALKING!!!

alright, its official dr dre is the richest rap producer of all time, also (to me) apple just wasted a ton of moneys

also I'll change the op once I get home later

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

don't see why apple didn't just come up with their own line of headphones ?

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

Personally, I think that is a waste of money. $3Bn for a medium quality headphone/speaker company seems silly.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Personally, I think that is a waste of money. $3Bn for a medium quality headphone/speaker company seems silly.

Not silly. People (hipsters and people that don't actually know what good sound quality is) buy them like they're a necessity. Apple wants to make more money. Beats are a way to make money. Apple buys Beats. End of story.

Apple should have sued them for using rounded edges and taken the company over like the pirates they used to be. 

Steve-Jobs-Pirate-Sculley.jpg

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Not silly. People (hipsters and people that don't actually know what good sound quality is) buy them like they're a necessity. Apple wants to make more money. Beats are a way to make money. Apple buys Beats. End of story.

Suppose so. Sometime I forget about hipsters, I try to faze them out.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Suppose so. Sometime I forget about hipsters, I try to faze them out.

Same.

They bought the Beats music service and the brand.  The two are probably worth $3.2bn, so you can work out how much the headphones are worth.  (Hint: -0.2bn)

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Personally don't think apple is going to change the sound quality especially with this "It sounds as though the two companies will remain separate and even continue to offer casually competing services" its probably just another form of cash flow as beats is already established and is popular with hipsters like the people above have said but i do think reviewers will change there opinion on them and probs start to like them even tho nothing has even changed in the sound quality once they start releasing products that are official apple products.

Well, now I'm  gonna go smash my Beats headphones now...

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Can you even imagine Tim Cook talking to Dr Dre -.-

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

Can you even imagine Tim Cook talking to Dr Dre -.-

In all honesty, I can imagine Dre being professional in important meetings... I'd be more concerned if Kanye West was involved instead.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

H6keCyV.jpg

LMAO This is just perfect

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Dr. Dre is only the richest because Snoop Dogg spent all his money on weed.

And they're both still...

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

don't see why apple didn't just come up with their own line of headphones ?

They didn't pay that huge lump of money for headphones or the technology behind it. They bought the brand. The brand and its name and the people behind it and those who wear it. Their now all tied into the apple eco system. They're all potential customers in Apples marketing pool now thats why they can set high price marks.

I still don't see why people don't see the bigger picture behind this not to mention every other big acquisition... 

Intel Core i7 4770K | Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce Edition | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo

Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120 + 140mm Fans | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | BitFenix Ghost Case

Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM-850 PSU | G. Skill Sniper 16GB (4x4GB) | AOC G2460PQU 144Hz Monitor

They didn't pay that huge lump of money for headphones or the technology behind it. They bought the brand. The brand and its name and the people behind it and those who wear it. Their now all tied into the apple eco system. They're all potential customers in Apples marketing pool now thats why they can set high price marks.

I still don't see why people don't see the bigger picture behind this not to mention every other big acquisition... 

So, anything that formerly had Beats products, like Beats Audio, can't be used in any other products other than Apple's?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So, anything that formerly had Beats products, like Beats Audio, can't be used in any other products other than Apple's?

I recall a phone 'having' beats audio as a signature system integration and it didn't sell them any extra units so they stripped them out with the next model rollout..

I would assume so, any interrogations with external brands will just be phased out or not support anymore.

Intel Core i7 4770K | Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce Edition | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo

Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120 + 140mm Fans | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | BitFenix Ghost Case

Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM-850 PSU | G. Skill Sniper 16GB (4x4GB) | AOC G2460PQU 144Hz Monitor

http://theverge.com/2014/5/28/5700530/apple-confirms-beats-acquisition

LET THE MONEY DO ALL THE TALKING!!!

alright, its official dr dre is the richest rap producer of all time, also (to me) apple just wasted a ton of moneys

also I'll change the op once I get home later

The purchase was for patents Beats owned, technology, and upper management from Beats. Apple has been getting many "culturally aware" people to become their managers in order to present a better aesthetically designed product, branch out to more forms of business, and better market themselves. I personally feel this was a great acquisition, since Beats gained 1.3 billion in networth last year, and as Apple has more money than most companies just sitting there doing nothing it was a smart purchase for them. No one will disagree that the beats by dre. audio in the htc one was stellar, partially due to the beats system. Hopefully apple will get forward facing, and better equalized speakers now that they have a tech giant out there.

While people may rag on Beats for their competition (rightly so in some cases), they still provide a good audio solution, and have a relaxed soundscape that most consumers desire. Not only that but Apple stock will rise because of the fact that they are in another market that is profitable for them, its a win win all around for them as a company, and most likely us as consumers. Tim Cook and others have stated that they want to bring some more budget oriented devices to the Eco-system for those less fortunate, and they've gone so far as to spend billions in RnD on Home based solutions for smart home technologies.

Beats headphones are simply awful. They sound like trash and are bought simply because it's a fad which I hope dies out very quickly. I think if Apple were to make their own quality headphone it might actually end up sounding decent

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

I recall a phone 'having' beats audio as a signature system integration and it didn't sell them any extra units so they stripped them out with the next model rollout..

I would assume so, any interrogations with external brands will just be phased out or not support anymore.

HTC bought a 50.1% stake in Beats back in 2011 for 300 million which also saw a move to Beats branded audio in their flagship phones. The HTC One X has that integration and it followed on to the HTC One (m7). The only reason it was 'stripped out' was because HTC needed to raise capital, and had to sell their shares back to Beats.

Ironically, if they'd held on to their 50% stake a bit longer, they could've just earned 1.5 Billion. I'm sure HTC are kicking themselves.

Well gl convincing people apple isn't that bad now :P

Company that sell good quality overpriced products overpays for company that sell poor quality overpriced products.  the irony.

If Jobs were still here, he wouldn't have bought Beats, or paid that much.