Internet won't work on my motherboard due to confusing drivers

Guest LordParry

Ugh help ;-;
I really need some help with getting my computer hooked up to the internet, I am currently using my S3 as a USB WIFI tether so that's how I am posting this, but I have just done a clean install of Windows 7 and as you do, you install all the drivers to get everything to work.
I went onto the ASUS website and found my M5A78L-MLX V2 motherboard, downloaded the LAN drivers there and installed, there are two, Realtek LAN Driver and the Realtek Ethernet Utility, installed both and yeah, with the first one the Realtek LAN Driver, is says it installed all correctly but after the install it says " The Realtek Network Controller was not found, If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable" and I have no bloody idea what that means but I don't think I should care as the driver was installed.
So that didn't do the trick, no internet connection or anything, I've checked my cable and it's plugged in and working.
I remember that I used to have download and install something else, I am 90% sure it was something that required the 
Atheros AR81 Family driver, but I am not sure what driver it was

I'm just not sure why it's acting up, you would of thought that downloading the drivers from the website for your motherboard would connect you to the internet, but anyway thanks for your time and any help if you can help me

Also if I trouble shoot my no internet connection it says I need the driver for the internet adapter, but I technically have the drivers for my onboard internet omfg help please <3

I guess you need to completly uninstall & clear up the registry and do a clean install. Post back if it works.

Details separate people.

I guess you need to completly uninstall & clear up the registry and do a clean install. Post back if it works.

Still the same thing, no connection.

Also is there any benefits to buying a network card? If there is, I'll just buy that and use that instead, solves the problems and maybe gives me more something 

Sounds like others have had your issue: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2141878

Try unplugging your PC for like 10-20 minutes or just reset the BIOS and see if that brings the Ethernet adapter back up. If it does, disable power management on it as it says in the first post.

Also installing the Realtek LAN Driver from the ASUS website should be all that is needed as the network utilities are usually garbage that breaks more things than it fixes. 

Laptop - Gigabyte P34G - 14" 1080p i7 4700HQ, nVidia 760M LiteOn 120GB mSATA, 1TB Crucial BX100, Intel AC-7260, 16GB Crucial DDR3 RAM, Win 10 Pro x64
Desktop - SilverStone Fortress FT02B i5 3570K EVGA GTX 570, Intel 120GB 520,  1TB WD Black HDD, 16GB Crucial DDR3 RAM, Win 10 Pro x64

Server - HP MediaSmart Server EX490, Core 2 Duo E8600, 2x WD RED 2TB, 2x WD RED 3TB, Stablebit DrivePool, 4GB Patriot DDR2 RAM, WHS 2011