Asus Sabertooth Z87, MSI GD-65 or MSI G-45??

I am going to be building a new gaming PC for myself and was just wondering what motherboard to get. I have rounded them up to these three. I was wondering if it is really worth spending £80 extra getting the Asus Sabertooth and get the MSI G-45 instead, because with that money i could get a pretty decent water cooler. Or should i spend an extra £40 and go for the MSI GD-65. I am really confused, and don't know what the big difference between these three is, but the Asus Sabertooth looks tempting to get, because it looks nice and it has got a five year warranty on it, but the GD-65 and G_45 is more gaming looking and has more gaming feature, but it doesn't come with a 5 year warranty. I wanted to know which one i should get for my system and i also wanted to now how you have had experiences with these motherboard if you have/ha done? 

Specs:

- i5- 4670K

- Gigabyte GTX 770

- 1TB WD Blue HDD

- 120GB Samsung EVO 840

- 8GB Corsair vengeance pro Ram

- Corsair RM650 Power Supply

- Fractal Design R4(windowed) Case

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

sabertooth z97 maybe?

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I am going to be building a new gaming PC for myself and was just wondering what motherboard to get. I have rounded them up to these three. I was wondering if it is really worth spending £80 extra getting the Asus Sabertooth and get the MSI G-45 instead, because with that money i could get a pretty decent water cooler. Or should i spend an extra £40 and go for the MSI GD-65. I am really confused, and don't know what the big difference between these three is, but the Asus Sabertooth looks tempting to get, because it looks nice and it has got a five year warranty on it, but the GD-65 and G_45 is more gaming looking and has more gaming feature, but it doesn't come with a 5 year warranty. I wanted to know which one i should get for my system and i also wanted to now how you have had experiences with these motherboard if you have/ha done? 

Specs:

- i5- 4670K

- Gigabyte GTX 770

- 1TB WD Blue HDD

- 120GB Samsung EVO 840

Regarding Z87 and Haswell, the motherboard doesn't really affect performance of the CPU that much. My advice would be to look at their feature sets and see what you prefer. What features do they have? What colour scheme you going for? What do you think of the looks etc? What is the price difference? Compare all of them and I hope that justifies your decision. Either way they are all great motherboards.

Hope it helps! My $0.02

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

I would recommend the ASUS Sabertooth Z87 motherboard, It runs stays cool overclocks great and is extremely stable, When I got a total of a 7 year warranty with my Sabertooth board the only issue i had with it was the USB 3.0 header and its location. Other then that 1 flaw, its a pretty heavy board and my Dark Rock Pro 3 makes it look tiny.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

get the cheapest there all going to be the same performing the only thing is the asus will have a bunch of features u pretty much wont use lol i had a sabertooth z77 and now i have a gryphon z87 i havnt used any of the exclusive features it has except for checking my temps which there is 3rd party software that does the same thing just get the cheapest and spend the extra money on something else.

P.S alot of people dont really understand motherboards on this forum and they recommend people alot of things they really dont need like majority of them will tell people to get an rog board which is a complete waste of money!

sabertooth z97 maybe?

does that even exist...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Z97 will work with errything for the next few years, but if you don't care get the Z87. Haswell chips aren't exactly bad, the Z87s will run the H-refresh chips just fine to boot. 

I have a Z87, the thing is great. The warranty is the best thing, 7 years. And the board itself is just built to a higher standard, hell I'd put it at 2 behind the ROG series of boards in terms of features and quality. 

get the cheapest there all going to be the same performing the only thing is the asus will have a bunch of features u pretty much wont use lol i had a sabertooth z77 and now i have a gryphon z87 i havnt used any of the exclusive features it has except for checking my temps which there is 3rd party software that does the same thing just get the cheapest and spend the extra money on something else.

P.S alot of people dont really understand motherboards on this forum and they recommend people alot of things they really dont need like majority of them will tell people to get an rog board which is a complete waste of money!

I might just go for the G-45 then, and spend that extra money on a decent cooler, but it's still tempting to get a Asus Sabertooth Z87, because it has the 7 year warranty and it has the dust protection on the board. Does the dust protection actually help or is it just a feature which no one uses?

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

I might just go for the G-45 then, and spend that extra money on a decent cooler, but it's still tempting to get a Asus Sabertooth Z87, because it has the 7 year warranty and it has the dust protection on the board. Does the dust protection actually help or is it just a feature which no one uses?

It's a gimmick!

Specs:

- i5- 4670K

- Gigabyte GTX 770

- 1TB WD Blue HDD

- 120GB Samsung EVO 840

Get the least expensive Z87 motherboard you can find.  Either SLI capable or not SLI capable depending on what you want to do in the future.  Motherboard doesn't impact performance. 

I would also go with a less expensive PSU.  The Corsair CX600M will work just as well as the 650, plus I have heard lots of complaints about the RM650 being loud.  The CX600M is very quiet, own one myself.

Get the least expensive 1600mhz 9-9-9-24, 1.5v RAM you can find.  Brand doesn't matter.

Don't get the Samsung EVO SSD, go with something less expensive like the Mushkin or Kingston, SSDs for daily tasks all perform the same.  Save some money here.

Get a less expensive case.  Case doesn't impact performance.

Take all of the money that you saved, and get a GTX780.  That will give you more performance than any other component.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

get the asus.

I suggest you stay away from MSI as they have a bad history regarding them cheapening out on power delivery circuitry.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

I recently rebuilt my main rig using the MSI GD-65 board and really like it. Only issue I had was finding a working driver for the E2200 Killer Nic. The one that came on the driver disc, on the msi site and the qualcom site all had one issue or another. Finally sent an email to MSI support and they pointed me to a working driver. 

sabertooth is well known to be very tough, long warranty  ,very good Features ,MSI's GD 65 offers Killer Network ,Amazing Onboard Audio ,and also Amazing features to go with it , your Call

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Get the least expensive Z87 motherboard you can find.  Either SLI capable or not SLI capable depending on what you want to do in the future.  Motherboard doesn't impact performance. 

I would also go with a less expensive PSU.  The Corsair CX600M will work just as well as the 650, plus I have heard lots of complaints about the RM650 being loud.  The CX600M is very quiet, own one myself.

Get the least expensive 1600mhz 9-9-9-24, 1.5v RAM you can find.  Brand doesn't matter.

Don't get the Samsung EVO SSD, go with something less expensive like the Mushkin or Kingston, SSDs for daily tasks all perform the same.  Save some money here.

Get a less expensive case.  Case doesn't impact performance.

Take all of the money that you saved, and get a GTX780.  That will give you more performance than any other component.

The reason im going with the RM650 is because it is rated at 80 plus Gold and it has got a fanless operation when not in high power usage. Im not really bothered about RAM, but i want something trustworthy which corsair is, but will probably go for 1600MhZ. The motherboard i might just go for the MSI-G45, because its not that expensive and i like the sound of the killer Ethernet and the good quality audio. And the reason i am going for a Samsung 840 EVO, is because i have read many reviews about Samsung and all of them have been very positive. The nand flashes samsung use is their own and apparently they are very long lasting and the performance is very good with equally good read and write speeds. The reason i am not going for a 780, is because i would rather spend that money on a mechanical keyboard and mouse, because i am trying to keep to a budget of £1000, which doesn't include monitor, mouse or keyboard. and i really want to get this case, because it will be sitting on my desk and i want it to look nice(which this does) and it has pretty good airflow and its also quiet.

I recently rebuilt my main rig using the MSI GD-65 board and really like it. Only issue I had was finding a working driver for the E2200 Killer Nic. The one that came on the driver disc, on the msi site and the qualcom site all had one issue or another. Finally sent an email to MSI support and they pointed me to a working driver. 

Could you send me that link if you do have it, because i will probably need it if i do end up getting an MSI board.

Could you send me that link if you do have it, because i will probably need it if i do end up getting an MSI board.

Couldn't find the link I had before but I am pretty sure that the link below is the driver I used to get it working. 

Killer Nic Driver Only

The reason im going with the RM650 is because it is rated at 80 plus Gold and it has got a fanless operation when not in high power usage. Im not really bothered about RAM, but i want something trustworthy which corsair is, but will probably go for 1600MhZ. The motherboard i might just go for the MSI-G45, because its not that expensive and i like the sound of the killer Ethernet and the good quality audio. And the reason i am going for a Samsung 840 EVO, is because i have read many reviews about Samsung and all of them have been very positive. The nand flashes samsung use is their own and apparently they are very long lasting and the performance is very good with equally good read and write speeds. The reason i am not going for a 780, is because i would rather spend that money on a mechanical keyboard and mouse, because i am trying to keep to a budget of £1000, which doesn't include monitor, mouse or keyboard. and i really want to get this case, because it will be sitting on my desk and i want it to look nice(which this does) and it has pretty good airflow and its also quiet.

If thats your prerogative.  I would focus on getting the absolute best possible computer for my money before worrying about peripherals. I have heard that the RM650 has a problem with noise, precisely because of the fanless option at low speeds.  The CX600M is a fraction of the cost, will perform just the same, and is quiet.  I own one myself.  The SamsungEVO... Those rated speeds are for very large file transfers.  Day-to-day tasks, all SSDs perform the same.  I really urge you to go for the 780, it is a massive improvement over the 770.  Things like a mechanical keyboard and mouse can be purchased later when funds are more available.  Focus on your computer(performance) first, then worry about peripherals.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If thats your prerogative.  I would focus on getting the absolute best possible computer for my money before worrying about peripherals. I have heard that the RM650 has a problem with noise, precisely because of the fanless option at low speeds.  The CX600M is a fraction of the cost, will perform just the same, and is quiet.  I own one myself.  The SamsungEVO... Those rated speeds are for very large file transfers.  Day-to-day tasks, all SSDs perform the same.  I really urge you to go for the 780, it is a massive improvement over the 770.  Things like a mechanical keyboard and mouse can be purchased later when funds are more available.  Focus on your computer(performance) first, then worry about peripherals.

I really don't need to get a 780, because its my first build and i would rather spend the £100 on upgrading other and make all my other componetns good, rather than having a decent ssd and a extremely good gpu. Its my first build so i dont need the best of the best components and im trying to keep my budget as low as possible, preferbly under £1000, which it is at now. And i would ratehr get my mouse and keyboard now, becasue i am using a normal hp branded mouse and keyboard which i have had for about 6 years now.