No HDMI signal

Gdog96

Hello everyone. 

So my friend was using his computer (I5 3570, GTX 670, 8GB RAM, asrock motherboard I think) last night and all was fine. 

However when he tried to turn it on this morning he couldnt get HDMI signal to his TV. He tried the HDMI cable with his Xbox and it works, he also tried a different cable entirely. 

He doesnt get the bios screen (when it asks you to press delete to enter the bios, i forget the actual name for this screen), simply no signal at all from the moment he presses the on button

All system fans, including the GPU fan, spin up, and the power LED lights up. However, the HDD LED doesn't, apparently. He is using a 120 gig SSD boot drive (cant remember the manufacturer) and a 500 gig storage drive. 

So I'm guessing either the SSD or the GPU has failed. Is this correct? Could it be anything else?

Try running off of onboard graphics

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Have him try a different output, mobo or just another port, is the HDMI a miniHDMI? Also if it was the SSD he would still see the UEFI/BIOS screen.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Make sure the CPU 8-pin is plugged in

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Make sure the CPU 8-pin is plugged in

I am pretty sure the mobo would make a beep or 2 if the 4 pin(s) were disconnected. Also OP stated it was working before, i don't think that the 4pin(s) could get disconnected over time.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Update: Onboard graphics work and can boot into windows etc so the problem isn't the SSD. 

I have checked the northbridge settings in the bios and the display adapter is set to PCI Express rather than onboard so I don't understand why the onboard graphics are working but the GPU isn't.

I have also checked all the power cables and everything are plugged in correctly as suggested, and there are no diagnostic sounds or beeps when turning the computer on. We dont have the opportunity to try the DVI port because the TV the PC is plugged into doesn't have a DVI port. 

What are the chances that it could just be the HDMI slot that's broken? Like I said, I have tried different HDMI cables to no avail.