Swiftech MCR-H220 Radiator with 2 Helix PWM Fans for $40 (Refurbished)

IPCharger

MCR220RADWITHFANSX600.jpg

So Swiftech has the MCR-H220 Radiator on sale on their website for $40 (pretty good deal if your considering watercooling, specially since it includes 2 Helix PWM fans).

BEWARE.

Quote from Swiftech's website:

The MCR-H220 radiators are reconditioned units from the Award Winning H220 CPU cooling kits. Some minor cosmetic paint defects may be found; each products has been thoroughly inspected and is sold "As Is" at a specially discounted price of $39.95.   LIMITED INVENTORY - GET YOURS WHILE SUPPLIES LAST !

This means only the fans have a 1 year warranty, but still it's Swiftech so you really can't go wrong.

http://www.swiftech.com/MCR-H220-RADIATOR.aspx

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Hmm.... Referb Radiators sounds not awesome...

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Refurb rad's don't sound bad. As long as there are no cracks there should be no problem. There isn't much to refurb. I'd be more skeptical of the fans being DOA than the rad being bad. 

Well its not like they have any electric circuit or component that can degrade with time, so there really shouldn't be a problem.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

I had a H220 for 1 day. It's terrible! The pump sucks ass, big time! (just wanna leave that here)

And the rad's res is badly positioned imo. It forces you to use it res up, which causes interference in some cases.

who cares...

@IPCharger Well actually I'm very concerned with radiators degrading over time.

Well considering the Helix fans are listed for $10 in Swiftech's website, $20 for a radiator sounds like a pretty good deal even if its refurbished.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

@IPCharger And if it leaks and destroys a few components? I don't know how likely this really is. I'm just a little skittish I guess.

I get that it's a good deal. I considered getting a couple, though now I'm reconsidering.

@IPCharger And if it leaks and destroys a few components? I don't know how likely this really is. I'm just a little skittish I guess.

I get that it's a good deal. I considered getting a couple, though now I'm reconsidering.

The only way it's going to leak is if there are cracks. As soon as you get it, pressure test it for leaks. If it leaks, send it back and get a refund. Radiators have been around forever so it's safe to assume they are solid and not going to ship you garbage. 

@Psykomantis00 @IPCharger Corrosion? Degradation over time? Also if it has a crack when you get it, can you really send it straight back? It is refurbished after all, only the fans have a 1 year warranty.

@Psykomantis00 @IPCharger Corrosion? Degradation over time? Also if it has a crack when you get it, can you really send it straight back? It is refurbished after all, only the fans have a 1 year warranty.

Corrosion is only going to occur if you run straight water.

What are you referring to that will degrade over time? 

You're buying refurbished, not used. It still has to be up to par. Refurbished means the box was open and then returned. Someone took the product out, looked it over and decided it could be re-sold for a discount. It doesn't mean someone smashed it with a hammer and said "lol wut" and shipped it out. 

Lol I think thats the rad and fans from my returned H220. Im telling you, there is nothing wrong with the refurbs. The returns were because of pump noise/performance issues. These rads will not fail or spring a leak. Any issues are probably from the user screwing in the bolts too deep, morphing the fin arrray under the screw holes. As long as the pipes/conduits arnt damaged, the rad will work as promised. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Lol I think thats the rad and fans from my returned H220. Im telling you, there is nothing wrong with the refurbs. The returns were because of pump noise/performance issues. These rads will not fail or spring a leak. Any issues are probably from the user screwing in the bolts too deep, morphing the fin arrray under the screw holes. As long as the pipes/conduits arnt damaged, the rad will work as promised.

They are probably trying to sell all of them before they release the H220x, and because the pump had problems (performance, noise, patent issues in the USA) they are selling just the radiator.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

They are probably trying to sell all of them before they release the H220x, and because the pump had problems (performance, noise, patent issues in the USA) they are selling just the radiator.

yea thats what I said (except the patent part). The Asetek patent issue was with the pump/waterblock combo I believe. But you're right its also the patents. Im glad my replacement isnt giving me any problems. I find it curious that they docked the warrenty on the pump to only one year with the h240x. That is the thing that gave me the most problems on my first one. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Usually refurbished items are parts that customers send back with signs of usage. Most of them open them for a day and then return them without accessories or stuff.