MSI releases its first mechanical gaming keyboard

Looks like MSI is now making mechanical keyboards w/ Cherry MX Red Switches. From what I've seen on the video their will be 2 models. Hopefully, the other one has another type of switch. The color and design of the keyboards is meant to match their motherboards and video cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERtqOHxbfFk&feature=youtu.be

L
ink: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=560191077336060&set=vb.123693947652444&type=2&theater

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Oh very nice! Hopefully we can see some MX blue switches from them! Do you have the source of this? 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

id be tempted to get the gk-601 i like there colour scheme 

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

Looks to be a very niche product tbh, i would've liked a keyboard that has more customisability and features, like how Roccat is going with their MK Pro ( Artificial guy, i know, i know :( )

Oh, right forget to put the source. Sorry, guys! Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=560191077336060&set=vb.123693947652444&type=2&theater

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).

Can't say I'm surprised nor excited. Just another gimmicky "gaming keyboard".

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

wow, looks nice, but red switchs.... <_<

I love MSI, They're a great company but red switchs.... :huh:

Looks like the keyboard has great functionality and software , but red switchs.... :blink:

no. no. no. bad. looks like they followed corsair in making a totally awesome keyboard with the worst switches.

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hopefully they make ones with different switches, it looks good if you have a bumblebee theme going :D.

Hope they will make this keyboard with a variety of Cherry MX switches like what Coolermaster did with their Quickfire series keyboards.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I want a purple LED backlight, Brown MX switch keyboard. The only one is a Ducky that I can think of.

Why Red Switches? Hopefully they do Blue and Brown as well.

I really hope that the other keyboard in this video have a different type of switch (hopefully, blues) and a different backlight color...

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

They removed the video! Why?

As long as they do a descent job I look forward to this.  Corsair has done a nice job with their reds and the Logitech seems to have delivered pretty well on their G710+ using browns, like they dried up the brown switch market just for that keyboard.  Coolermaster seems to have done a good job with their Quickfire boards although a lot of people mention that their browns feel like dirty reds.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

MSI has released its first ever gaming keyboards featuring mechanical keyswitches. The new MSI GK-601 keyboard uses Cherry MX Red metal leaf non-clicky linear switches. To appeal to the gaming crowd MSI has backlighting, highlighted WASD keys and non-skid feet. Further advanced features of the GK-601 include macro configuration editor, smart hotkeys and “military grade” wiring. Yes, everything made by MSI needs some military grade components.

704cd4b5-ecb0-4502-b63a-e0f765ab1ee6.jpg

The keyboard mechanism

MSI’s GK-601 uses Cherry MX Red linear switches, these keyswitches are one of Cherry’s non-clicky varieties. Each key uses internal 18K gold plated contacts and N-key rollover to ensure that every key press registers. The keys are rated for 50 million individual key presses, probably more than your finger joints. Key caps have been laser etched for durability.

Gaming features and lighting

MSI has used a standard 104-key layout and some shots show the keyboard with highlighted WASD keys to help you race around your FPS environment without a stumble. The GK-601 has “a relatively rare backlight technique consisting of yellow LED with four levels of brightness”. There is also a “breathing lights” option to “add a layer of mystery and tension.”The Windows key can be disabled so as not to interrupt your gaming session.

1c24f929-3660-42d1-b6e7-b7ecc1ad80e5.jpg

Connections

The keyboard uses “military-grade close-woven wiring” it also features two high-speed USB ports, audio out and microphone jacks and anti-skid feet.

Hotkeys and macros

MSI provides dedicated software which can store 50 macros to “perform in-game tasks at lightning speed, perform monotonous tasks with the press of a button or have pre-defined taunts ready to show your opponents why you've just beat them”. The GK-601 has 128Kb of internal memory for storing macros and hot keys. As any modern keyboard should, this new gaming keyboard also features quick volume adjustment and playback controls.

Source - http://hexus.net/tech/news/peripherals/54909-msi-releases-first-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/

+1

I recently discovered that I struggle with MX reds, my least faviourite so far.

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

looks like this is a get for me... also a respray job :3

Character artist in the Games industry.

The yellow is alright. But for every mech keyboard that is released that still isn't brown switch + red LEDs I die a little bit on the inside.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The yellow is alright. But for every mech keyboard that is released that still isn't brown switch + red LEDs I die a little bit on the inside.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113_1361&products_id=22009

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

Thanks, but I already know of that. Ducky doesn't meet my quality-to-cost ratio demands. (Doesn't even have a metal backplate) Quickfire TK Red is what I will use until something less in the vein of beats headphones = ducky keyboards come along.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

WOW nice braided cables

I just wish keyboard makers follow Ducky's example and actually give you a choice of the type of switch you want and the color of the LED's you want. Not everyone wants to build their rig centered on a peripheral.